• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

CrankyJay

Banned
I don't care if a Gaff'er did it. It's still bad. As an artist myself, I hear my stuff sucks all the time, but it makes me want to be better. Honest feedback is what makes you better, not superficial compliments just because it's a fan of your team or a fellow board member.
Art is subjective. I don't care what anyone says about colors and shapes and perspective. That is why kids can sell paintings for thousands of dollars and it looks like shit to me, because it looks good to someone else. So your advice is pretty useless given that. Lol.

Tabris

Every year the Canucks don't win the cup Tabris should have to get part of that painting tattooed onto his face. The year and the word LOSERS should accompany it.

I think you should worry about your own team making the playoffs before you worry about the Canucks destiny :p

Also, wingsfan19 is just bitter today because his team is about to take a nosedive for the next 5 years!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think you should worry about your own team making the playoffs before you worry about the Canucks destiny :p

Also, wingsfan19 is just bitter today because his team is about to take a nosedive for the next 5 years!
There's no "s" in my name, and you're correct, so :p

Suter - Dumba

fuck me.

Marvie, what's it like down there at Ground Zero? Are people happy and excited about hockey again?

Also Minnesota deserved to win the sweepstakes, good fanbase and potential for a great team on their hands. No more boring Wild hockey!

We will be able to beat up shitty teams like ANA and PHX more.

Phoenix got further than you last playoffs and you've always had trouble with Anaheim in the regular season. Take the glasses off, sunshine.

"After the Suter signing, Ken Hollland go busy. He's contacted both #Habs & #Leafs about d-men. They will also go heavily after Matt Carle."

Please tell me that is fake, please tell me that is fake, please tell me that is... it sounds like something Holland would say too..... I hate everything right now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A Matt Carle signing would solidify my belief that Holland is, by far, the most overrated GM in sports. Ugh.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You wish :lol

In reality its probably about Markov or Gorges
Bergevin would give up Markov before he gives up Gorges. Also Diaz / Weber need to hit the curb. Thing is, I don't know what Detroit could possibly give back except for prospects.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Every year the Canucks don't win the cup Tabris should have to get part of that painting tattooed onto his face. The year and the word LOSERS should accompany it.

WFP1b.png

Tabris

Toronto comes here on December 15th! Which means Canucks on HBO. I am getting my tickets as soon as they become available, so hopefully I'm on HBO somewhere in the background!!

Hmm...Not counting the players that would obviously be unavailable, I'm not sure if the Wings have anybody I would want on the Leafs. They can have Komisarek for free, though.

In all honesty, I'm in no rush to get rid of Komisarek right now after losing Schenn. I think he'll fit in well with a more defensive system and a puck-moving partner, who we have plenty of in comparison to checking, defense-first Ds. Unless we sign Franson (and although I really liked him, he seems more likely to be trade bait at this point), losing Komi would mean we have two spots to fill with rookies, while counting on Gardiner to continue to play steady in his second year.

So since Montoya has left NYI, does that leave the final goaltending tandem as Nabokov and DiPietro? On paper, and pending fragile little bones not being broken, that looks legitimate.

NHL 3-ON-3 ARCADE SUPERSTAR RICK DIPIETRO

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's your grief of losing hudler talking

I'll already place my prediction that fellow Wings fans on GAF will be publicly stating they wished Hudler hadn't left during the upcoming season.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'll already place my prediction that fellow Wings fans on GAF will be publicly stating they wished Hudler hadn't left during the upcoming season.
I will stand by that I'm totally indifferent to the loss of Hudler. If he stayed, meh, if he left, meh.

Seen online and I had to post it here :

Source: "Crosby is RAGING right now. Said he'll never talk to Parise again. Lied to him and to organization and broke promise." #Pens

LOOooooool

Since when are Parise and Crosby supposed to be such good friends? They didn't attend Shattuck together, and I can't think of a single time they might have played together.

Emerson Etem got two goals in a scrimmage at conditioning camp yesterday. Apparently he "wrecked the shit" out of the defense. I know it's against other prospects, but this excites me greatly.

Solo

Parise is the guy who scored the last minute goal for the USA to send the 2010 Olympic final to overtime.

Crosby is the guy who scored the first minute goal for Canada to win the 2010 Olympic gold medal in overtime.

Parise probably hates him :lol

So since Montoya has left NYI, does that leave the final goaltending tandem as Nabokov and DiPietro? On paper, and pending fragile little bones not being broken, that looks legitimate.

NHL 3-ON-3 ARCADE SUPERSTAR RICK DIPIETRO

No it doesn't... DiPietro isn't a legitimate at all anymore. Even when he's healthy you can see him hesitate on making certain moves due to his injuries. He doesn't even play well when healthy anymore.

Emerson Etem got two goals in a scrimmage at conditioning camp yesterday. Apparently he "wrecked the shit" out of the defense. I know it's against other prospects, but this excites me greatly.

Too bad he didn't do that during the World Juniors playing a game that actually meant something

But hey....prospect camp

rellix

I call BS on that Crosby story. Too many "insiders" and their "sources".

HockeyyInsiderr is as bad as Eklund.

i'll add a Y to hockey and an R to insider. that would look so cool :)

oh i know

xXx420HhOcKeYyIiNsIdErR69xXx now jimmy will hang out with me at school

Top Bottom