• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
i'll add a Y to hockey and an R to insider. that would look so cool :)

oh i know

xXx420HhOcKeYyIiNsIdErR69xXx now jimmy will hang out with me at school
That's fairly close to 90% of the gamertags of NHL 12 players. If you added either "dangle" or "snipe" it would be 100%.

I guess Semin will decide on offers in an hour, meaning Detroit probably didn't offer him any seeing as how they never mentioned it and said they wanted to go after Doan instead of Semin. :/

Dreger said:
There is no question the Red Wings would love to add Nash, however, Detroit will have to grossly overpay for Columbus to live with the reality of facing its former superstar captain multiple times a season for the next decade.

It's easy to visualize Nash on either Crosby or Malkin's wing, and the Penguins are definitely brainstorming to see how they can make it work, but, the Pens may have trouble parting with the collection of assets Howson is sure to demand.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=399934

Give it up already Howson, your back is against the wall. Carolina used all their best trade assets in the Staal trade. SJ isn't giving up couture and used their most tradable assets to get Burns last year. Flyers aren't giving up Schenn or Courterier and have bigger fish to fry if they lose Carle. There will be no bidding war.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guess Semin will decide on offers in an hour, meaning Detroit probably didn't offer him any seeing as how they never mentioned it and said they wanted to go after Doan instead of Semin. :/

Wow. Would be hilarious if Holland missed out on Semin and Doan.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=399934

Give it up already Howson, your back is against the wall. Carolina used all their best trade assets in the Staal trade. SJ isn't giving up couture and used their most tradable assets to get Burns last year. Flyers aren't giving up Schenn or Courterier and have bigger fish to fry if they lose Carle. There will be no bidding war.

You would THINK that, but I'm legitimately scared they will.

rellix

I'd take Semin back in DC in a heartbeat. He has an unfair rep - dude has been dealing with (mostly) 3rd line centers since Boudreau and expected to deliver first line output on the second line.

Will miss him.

Curufinwe

Well I mean they just traded for his brother, I'd think he's safe. MAYBE Courterier but I seriously doubt it. Even Holmgren is not stupid enough to trade what might be his best defensive forward.

Couturier also has great offensive upside.

Holmgren would have to be insane to trade a teenager who has already shown so much talent.

Couturier also has great offensive upside.

Holmgren would have to be insane to trade a teenager who has already shown so much talent.

Oh I know, I wasn't putting that side of his game down, he'll be a great two way player in the league. Just saying, the team needs him for more than his offense at this point.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... Uh... Wings-GAF, how do you feel about trading for Ballard? You need D and have cap space, and he's not getting any ice time here AND we don't have cap space for him. Input?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So... Uh... Wings-GAF, how do you feel about trading for Ballard? You need D and have cap space, and he's not getting any ice time here AND we don't have cap space for him. Input?

We'll send you backup goalie Joey Macdonald and Cory Emmerton.

Solo

Has Pierre stopped rubbing one out to Shero for his visionary moves at the draft yet to see none of it panned out?

fallout

Incredibly excited for the Al Montoya Era here in Winnipeg.
raO8W.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wish leafs would go after semin

Burke says a lot about lazy Russians... Ok... So semin is a little lazy, but he's got ridiculous skill. It's hard to just ignore an average of 30+ goals per year, especially when you're transitioning your defense to become more dynamic...

Being able to put weapons on all 3 lines is pretty invaluable regardless if his drive can be questionable

pringles

If Holland didn't even make an offer to Semin I'll join the group of people calling for him to be fired.

I think he did what he could with both Suter and Parise, and going higher with the offers would have been reckless. Going after Doan is also good. But not even trying to sign a fairly young, very talented goalscorer? Not to mention a russian that is sure to be excited by the idea of playing on Datsyuk's wing? Atleast fucking offer something, a 1 year deal, anything.

Ugh, I'm feeling worse and worse about the way this offseason is going. Signing Gustavsson was good, and Sammy, Brunner and Tootoo isn't bad. But we badly, badly need a top 6 winger and a top 4 D-man or we're gonna have a hard time next year as the Western conference is DEADLY.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Emerson Etem got two goals in a scrimmage at conditioning camp yesterday. Apparently he "wrecked the shit" out of the defense. I know it's against other prospects, but this excites me greatly.

was this a ducks team scrimmage? i cant imagine tearing up a ducks defense is exciting to anyone

Curufinwe

Yeah... and?

And nothing he's done so far is certifiable, assuming you believe the stories that Snider made him sign Bryz for that long and for that much money. Which I do, for my own sanity.

Trading for Luke Schenn and then trading the original Schenn would be pretty nutty, but better he goes than Couturier. But I don't want Nash at $7.8m or Carle at $5.5m+, and I didn't want Parise or Suter. They need to have some cap flexibility in the future.

Top Bottom