• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If Holland didn't even make an offer to Semin I'll join the group of people calling for him to be fired.

I think he did what he could with both Suter and Parise, and going higher with the offers would have been reckless. Going after Doan is also good. But not even trying to sign a fairly young, very talented goalscorer? Not to mention a russian that is sure to be excited by the idea of playing on Datsyuk's wing? Atleast fucking offer something, a 1 year deal, anything.

Ugh, I'm feeling worse and worse about the way this offseason is going. Signing Gustavsson was good, and Sammy, Brunner and Tootoo isn't bad. But we badly, badly need a top 6 winger and a top 4 D-man or we're gonna have a hard time next year as the Western conference is DEADLY.

Agree on everything except for Samuelsson. I can see this being a terrible move.

Somehow Holland is inexplicably making this team older. It's mind-boggling.

I'll say $5.5M per.

TROIZ.gif

edit- thought you said that was the number
TROIZ.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Red Wing GAF on suicide watch.

Nope. Carle is overrated.

LOL at Holland.

I think there might be something to the rumors that players don't like playing for Babcock. Detroit's got the cap space to overpay. They just don't want to come any more.

pringles

I think there might be something to the rumors that players don't like playing for Babcock. Detroit's got the cap space to overpay. They just don't want to come any more.
I doubt it. Players don't want to coach for one of the best coaches in the league? Maybe the best? Olympic gold, Cup, 2 Cup finals..

There was nothing to be done about Suter and Parise. Holland tried to overpay them. Minny just had an inside track on them PLUS they overpaid them more than Detroit was willing to.

Holland likely was smart enough to not offer a crazy contract to Carle in panic.

Maybe players are less likely to have Detroit at the top of their list of where they want to go, but it's not like no one wants to come there.

Plinko

Wow--the defense situation in Detroit is so bad that we'd ironically be in a better position had Marvie got his wish and Campbell was sent to Detroit.

pringles

Wow--the defense situation in Detroit is so bad that we'd ironically be in a better position had Marvie got his wish and Campbell was sent to Detroit.
Just gotta hope Brendan Smith turns into a top 2 defenseman this year instead of in 4-5 years.

ZeroGravity

Honestly...not the worst contract in the world, and I kind of like that Yzerman isn't being so conservative like last year. Our defense is now much improved and we actually have some damn depth. I just hope this doesn't blow up at some point.

Top Bottom