• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Brinbe

Congrats, Kings-Age!

zazey.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wings should put out an offer sheet for Weber.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only way to get Weber this year is trade. Nash will match any sheet, and any sheet over a year keeps him in Nashville

Then try to screw over Nashville.

1 year, $12 million.

Plinko

And then Weber walks as a UFA on July 1st to join Suter

So? They're desperate right now.

At least one year would make him familiar with the franchise and push for a possible extension.

I think we should discuss the fact that Kessel was 6th in points last year with Bozak and Connolly as centers. Remember when people laughed at him finishing in the top 10? WHAT NOW?!

Plinko

Give up 4 1st rounders for the chance that Weber wants to sign long term ?

Lol...I think by his track record alone it's clear Holland doesn't care about first-round picks.

Curufinwe

Honestly...not the worst contract in the world, and I kind of like that Yzerman isn't being so conservative like last year. Our defense is now much improved and we actually have some damn depth. I just hope this doesn't blow up at some point.

After Wideman I thought someone desparate would give Carle $6 mil for 7 years.

:lol :lol

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/westsideinsider/165567

The Coyotes draw thousands of fans and millions in sales-tax hauls that help cover that bill, the Cave Creek resident said.

“We think that if people listen to the real numbers that they’ll be able to make an intelligent decision and not sign the petitions,” Fallar said.

Yeah, the real numbers where they bled $24 million last season and was by far, the least profitable team in the league. Even sad sack Columbus managed to bring in an extra $10 million over Phoenix.

Plinko

:lol :lol

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/westsideinsider/165567

Yeah, the real numbers where they bled $24 million last season and was by far, the least profitable team in the league. Even sad sack Columbus managed to bring in an extra $10 million over Phoenix.

Come on, you're using factual real numbers. They're talking about "real numbers," which are much more applicable in this situation.

Seriously, the more I read about this Coyotes situation the firmer I am in the stance that I never want to visit Arizona.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
btw there's about 40 people collecting signatures for the referendums

they need 1800

2 of them (the main people in the case vs glendale) have 700

if the rest of the volunteers just had 30 signatures each, they'd hit the target

kind of hoping they come up with 5-10,000 just for kicks

Plinko

btw there's about 40 people collecting signatures for the referendums

they need 1800

2 of them (the main people in the case vs glendale) have 700

if the rest of the volunteers just had 30 signatures each, they'd hit the target

kind of hoping they come up with 5-10,000 just for kicks

Just read this:

The council will know when it reconvenes in August if either proposal qualifies for the ballot.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ncil-tax-hike-coyotes-deal.html#ixzz1ziRRtAQr

Isn't that a bit late for an NHL team to be moving?

Can we just fucking move that god damn team already, I'm so tired of this fucking circus every god damn year. They're failing. No on there likes hockey. Fucking move it somewhere that people give a fuck.

Tabris

Can we just fucking move that god damn team already, I'm so tired of this fucking circus every god damn year. They're failing. No on there likes hockey. Fucking move it somewhere that people give a fuck.

Gary Bettman's mandate as commissioner of the NHL is to expand the business/game. Canada cannot be expanded any further. A team in Quebec brings more money to the owner that buys them, and would bring a temporary bump in revenue to the NHL, but it doesn't expand the NHL "consumer" base.

Every new fan/"consumer" they can get out of PHX is a new fan watching the game and a new fan buying merchandise.

It doesn't make long term fiscal sense to move it to Quebec unfortunately and doesn't match his mandate. He will try to solve the problem in PHX from every angle possible until there's absolutely no option but to move. If another American market opened up, PHX would have been moved a long time ago.

It's the same sucky situation you see with console manufacturers right now. They focus on developing their hardware and direction to attract new consumers at the sacrifice of existing consumers because they know those consumers will still purchase their product.

Then don't move it to Quebec, move it to another new American market that would probably welcome hockey like Seattle. Don't keep it in a place where people only go to games when tickets come free with their 24 packs of Bud.

lupin23rd

Then don't move it to Quebec, move it to another new American market that would probably welcome hockey like Seattle. Don't keep it in a place where people only go to games when tickets come free with their 24 packs of Bud.

Is Seattle ready for a franchise to move today, or are they a future solution?

Top Bottom