• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Its the only GAF I'm ever on.

You guys are giving me eye strain.
It's split about 50/50 or 60/40 mobile vs comp gaf serving for me. I read a lot of NHL gaf on my phone, but not much other gaf stuff, it's just so beautiful on an iPhone.

Exactly, if we have to say goodbye to Silver, then we're getting Silver in return. Scary to think we almost got Miller for Hiller and Ryan... Thank you Based Lucic.

I guess they saw how much time you were wasting? :)

Nah, bunch of other sites got blocked as well, like Reddit. I work in IT, so it's easy to be multitasking. Browser on one, remote session in the other.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow--the defense situation in Detroit is so bad that we'd ironically be in a better position had Marvie got his wish and Campbell was sent to Detroit.
Oduya is still there for you guys if you want him.

Nash's trade value just dropped even further with this Nash trade.

I hear Tyson Nash is trying to make a comeback.
Crosby, Stills, and Nash are still out there too. They're a package deal though.

Is Seattle ready for a franchise to move today, or are they a future solution?
It's not too late when the season is going to start a few months late.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ken Holland speaking about the free agents out there:

"I'd rather go with our kids. I think we can compete. Are we going to win the President's Trophy? No, but you don't have to anymore."

I believe I called this exact thing happening before free agency started. I seriously think Detroit has a good shot at missing the playoffs next year because of this guy.

Marvie_3

Banned

I believe I called this exact thing happening before free agency started. I seriously think Detroit has a good shot at missing the playoffs next year because of this guy.

jb1IQr0UbIpk8h.png

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window

jb1IQr0UbIpk8h.png

Solo

It's kinda crazy to think that with all the big fish taken now, and so many teams well below the cap floor, Kaberle and Bourque have suddenly become tradeable.

Get er done, Bergie!

Alucard

Banned
I'd be comfortable with trading one of the Pens' defense prospects if it meant landing Ryan. Otherwise, it looks like Doan and Semin are the primary UFAs out there. I wonder how Semin would do on Sid's wing in Kunitz's place...

When you include Pronger's LTIR and B. Schenn's weird cap decrease the Flyers have over 15m in space. WAY better than last year. I expect Voracek to get a multiyear deal now for like 3.5-4m.

That said... Bobby Ryan could be on his way. I'd expect to see homer move Read before he moves Voracek. Voracek is younger and still had more points last year, and I think he got less PP time. I really think they want to get him to shoot more and put him on a line with G. Read was a 25 y.o. rookie and I don't think you're ever gonna get more out of him than you did last year.

Doan will likely get a sizable offer as well.

EDIT: And PLEASE sign another backup. I really don't want to have to boo my own team before the puck even drops, but I will NEVER not boo Michael Leighton when he gets on the ice.

EDIT 2: I'd like Ellis as backup actually. I've always thought he had solid fundamentals. There was a time when I thought he was gonna be a big time starter in the league. I'd feel comfortable with him backing up Bryz. Hannan could be a decent pickup too if he's cheap.

So how much do we think Weber makes this year? Nashville needs to get to the floor. He's gonna get like 8.25. Unreal... He can't make MORE than that on the UFA market next year can he?

Curufinwe

If Voracek shot more and improved his accuracy he could easily be a 60-70 point guy.

Agree about Leighton. Keep him in the AHL and sign another backup. Anyone.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

LOL

That is absolutely brilliant and the exact reason I don't play this game online.

My most frustrating experience was when I went into a shootout with someone who was actually playing without using glitch goals. The shootout went into the 17th round and was pretty intense. Finally, the guy just gives up and glitch goals me. Infuriating.

I don't think I've spent more time in my life playing a single game than I did playing the NHL franchise. I still play it a lot to this day, as frustrating as it is..

Cake Boss

Banned
Surprised that Semin hasnt signed yet. Probably entertaining KHL offers or something.

Wouldnt mind getting him to reach the cap floor and paired with Giggles will look good.

Top Bottom