• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
All those shit moves he did for the Blackhawks which ran them into the ground? He's doing very similar with Anaheim. Ask Marvie about his tenure as Blackhawks GM...
ibbFOm7eadDNom.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ken Holland just confirmed from Wings' prospects camp that they have no interest in Alex Semin.

This year is going to be a disaster all around for the Wings unless Franzen magically wakes up and scores 50.

Ken Holland just confirmed from Wings' prospects camp that they have no interest in Alex Semin.

This year is going to be a disaster all around for the Wings unless Franzen magically wakes up and scores 50.

Screw that, can't believe it, he could be great with Datsyuk. I really don't want this season to start right now.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Dastardly

Unfortunately the Caps won't be able to sign Nathan Walker due to some rule about being unable to sign an undrafted European league player. He'll be in the draft next year unless the new CBA gets rid of this rule. The Flyers tried signing someone last season but they couldn't and he ended up being drafted by the Kings this year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What I miss bros?

Just went to Montreal for the weekend for a bachelor party. Always love that city, so beautiful. Was kind of crazy to go to a predominantly french bar and have me and my buddies as the only people speaking english there.

pringles

Fuck you Holland, fuck you. Can't wait to be disappointed again at the trade deadline and instead of doing anything, Holland says "getting player X back from injury is our deadline move.

Without adding Semin AND Doan there's really no chance we can trade for a Top 2 D or Nash either. This season is gonna be painful.

If we're not gonna be a contender atleast get the youth movement going for real. Bring in Tatar and Järnkrok on the team. Give us a reason to even watch the games other then to see Datsyuk trying to create magic on his own while carrying around Cleary and Bertuzzi.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Screw that, can't believe it, he could be great with Datsyuk. I really don't want this season to start right now.

That's ok--we've got over 3 months until the disappointment begins. I guess we can enjoy that time.

Plinko

Fuck you Holland, fuck you. Can't wait to be disappointed again at the trade deadline and instead of doing anything, Holland says "getting player X back from injury is our deadline move.

Without adding Semin AND Doan there's really no chance we can trade for a Top 2 D or Nash either. This season is gonna be painful.

If we're not gonna be a contender atleast get the youth movement going for real. Bring in Tatar and Järnkrok on the team. Give us a reason to even watch the games other then to see Datsyuk trying to create magic on his own while carrying around Cleary and Bertuzzi.

Jarnkrok is staying overseas because he's not eligible for the AHL yet, so he'd have to be a permanent part of the roster. I agree with the rest, though.

I still can't believe they made Brendan Smith go to the prospects camp when he's assured to be a top 4 defenseman this year.

Also, still hold out hope for Doan--I can see that move happening soon. My guess is that he ends up in Detroit.

I can't wait to hear Holland's excuse this year for why nobody is producing.

Merguson

Banned
Jarnkrok is staying overseas because he's not eligible for the AHL yet, so he'd have to be a permanent part of the roster. I agree with the rest, though.

I still can't believe they made Brendan Smith go to the prospects camp when he's assured to be a top 4 defenseman this year.

Also, still hold out hope for Doan--I can see that move happening soon. My guess is that he ends up in Detroit.

I can't wait to hear Holland's excuse this year for why nobody is producing.

"How old are you?"

"30"

"We'll have you play in the prospects camp"

Revenant

well, at least he's honest.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

pringles

well, at least he's honest.
He also said earlier that we won't be competing for the President's trophy this year.

I don't really think the GM of the Detroit Red Wings should think that's ok. If the team isn't good enough to be a top team in the NHL, it's your fucking job to make it good enough. Waiting for next year or the year after is idiotic. The time is now, while we still have Zetterberg and Datsyuk in their primes.

Doan-Datsyuk-Semin would be a killer line. But instead Kenn's probably jerking off over the thought of Cleary-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi.

Plinko

:lol I still remember all your posts when you were signing weber, parise, semin, etc... What an offseason!

I will admit that I've been impressed by your offseason so far after that 1st-round exit. You guys have clearly made better additions than we have, what with your signing of _________ and __________ and then the trade for that guy __________. I really think your defense is shored up.

Plinko

Reading these comments it sounds like a new Dead Wings era is commencing.

I don't know about "Dead Wings" because the talent level is still high, but guys are going to have to step up. Franzen can't have a 5-month slump. Datsyuk needs to start scoring. A guy like Brunner/Helm/someone else needs to develop a scoring touch.

There's no way we're getting near a Presidents Trophy, that's for sure.

I will admit that I've been impressed by your offseason so far after that 1st-round exit. You guys have clearly made better additions than we have, what with your signing of _________ and __________ and then the trade for that guy __________. I really think your defense is shored up.

:lol I'm not the one who thought we were signing every possible free agent. I don't mind semin but pens obviously need D and we're just not filling the gaps like people thought we would. Our prospects need more time if we want to bring them up to play D.

Cactus

Banned
Losing Lidstrom's 24 minutes a night will be huge. Doan and Semin wouldn't be poor signings, but when a team no longer has the best defenceman in the league playing more than 1/3 of the game at a very high level, there will be a clear decline in overall performance, even if the offense is strengthened.

pringles

All this panic from Wings fans semin overblown.
Well we have a couple of pretty great centers but we haven't had a decent winger that can score on their passes since Hossa, who scored 40 with Pav. Zetter had like 13 assists in the World Champs playing with Loui Eriksson, and was responsible for a lot of Hudler's 25 goals last year.

It's less that I absolutely want Semin, and more about him being our best option right now after missing out on Parise. We need defense, we need scoring, and Holland needs to be fired.

Plinko

:lol I'm not the one who thought we were signing every possible free agent. I don't mind semin but pens obviously need D and we're just not filling the gaps like people thought we would. Our prospects need more time if we want to bring them up to play D.

To be fair, neither did I. I was extremely negative about our chances. I realistically thought we were bringing back Hudler and probably signing Semin.

Plinko

Well we have a couple of pretty great centers but we haven't had a decent winger that can score on their passes since Hossa, who scored 40 with Pav. Zetter had like 13 assists in the World Champs playing with Loui Eriksson, and was responsible for a lot of Hudler's 25 goals last year.

It's less that I absolutely want Semin, and more about him being our best option right now after missing out on Parise. We need defense, we need scoring, and Holland needs to be fired.

LOL

George Costanza: "All I want is my 75 cents back, an apology, and for him to be fired!"

SpacLock

I'm going to trust Holland until we miss the playoffs, so until then I'm not too worried. I do know that we're definitely not a deep playoff team, but whatever. Let's put some youngsters out there for once.

Top Bottom