• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Revenant

They've gpt the Sedin sisters. Swallowing isn't an issue.

I almost spit out my water all over my keyboard...

According to john jaeckel (lol) the hawks and canadiens are talking about a possible Kane/hjalmarrson deal for subban and plekenac

That'd be a headline for the papers if it happened.

Marvie_3

Banned

According to john jaeckel (lol) the hawks and canadiens are talking about a possible Kane/hjalmarrson deal for subban and plekenac

iMDjkIIX2nsXK.gif

Solo

Deal does nothing for Habs. And as much as I love Patty Kane, he'd be in rehab within a month of hitting Montreal.

pringles

Reading these comments it sounds like a new Dead Wings era is commencing.
Not when we have the 3rd best prospect pool in the league : http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1347

I'm going to trust Holland until we miss the playoffs, so until then I'm not too worried. I do know that we're definitely not a deep playoff team, but whatever. Let's put some youngsters out there for once.
Yeah I look forward to seeing more of our kids, just wish we had more room for them. Tatar is NHL ready but instead we have Sammy and Cleary.. Also Holland better not strike out on Weber/Getzlaf/Enstrom/etc next offseason. If we miss the playoffs it's going to be even harder to attract FAs.

android

Theoretical Magician
I wonder if the Canucks kept Raymond to lure Garrison?

A Doan-Kesler-Booth line would be insane, but I don't see where the cap space is coming from.

just sign him and worry about the cap space after...if we gotta dump Lu/Ballard/Raymond for just picks who cares... we get our big forward with strong leadership skills.

Curufinwe

How is Semin still an UFA? I'm guessing no team is giving him long term deals.

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/07...dary-trade-free-agent-markets/?sct=nhl_t11_a1

You’d think the Coyotes and any team that needs offense would be lining up for UFA Alexander Semin but the trashing he took on July 1 on TSN was not an aberration among experienced hockey people. His reputation isn’t good and despite his obvious offensive talents, there doesn’t seem to be much interest in signing him. Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford did mention to Chip Alexander of The Raleigh News-Observer that he’d consider signing Semin to a one-year contract. “We wouldn’t want to get locked in to anything, because we’ve all heard the stories about him. We do like his skill level. It could be that we could bring him in for a year, get to know him and go from there in terms of considering something longer term.”

Poor Semin. The guy has averaged 31 goals over the last six seasons and, in a league struggling to score, no one wants him. But with his lazy shortcomings and hazy mind for the game, it’s not crazy that he’s not getting any love from the NHL’s GMs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Love how everyone keeps saying how good it is that Minny sold 2000 tickets since the signings, even though they're the supposed "Hockey State" of America.

pringles

Lol their prospects arent even top 10 at best.
We've got a lot of really interesting prospects. Nyquist, Smith, Tatar, Järnkrok, Jurco, Pulkkinen etc, and that's without this year's draft picks.

There are definitely a lot of teams with better high-end talents closer to the NHL, but there are a bunch of 'could-be' stars in the Wings system.

ZeroGravity

Love how everyone keeps saying how good it is that Minny sold 2000 tickets since the signings, even though they're the supposed "Hockey State" of America.
The Wild had been spinning their wheels for almost a decade. I don't really blame their fans for starting to lose interest in the team prior to this off-season. You can still be a great hockey market even if you have fans who don't blindly support a team who make little effort to improve.

The Wild had one of the longest sellout streaks of any franchise, it was just last season or the year before where they stopped selling out. I think it was almost a fan boycott sick of them playing a shitty style and still missing the playoffs.

Found a link :

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2010/09/minnesota_wild_2.php

Acid08

Banned
Still super stoked the Sharks picked up Larry fucking Robinson as associate coach. Can't wait to see the D corps next season, I hope he helps Burns, Pickles, Demers, and Braun take it to the next level.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/161683055.html

Suter and Parise spoke, and late Tuesday night [Wild GM Chuck] Fletcher got the call he wanted.

It was [Parise's agent Wade] Arnott. Both players would accept identical contracts. It was Parise's idea.

The numbers turned out to be 13 years and $98 million. The contracts included identical signing bonus structures ($25 million the first three years) and no-trade clauses. Both players could have made more elsewhere. Parise reportedly had been offered $110 million by Philadelphia. Suter was offered more than $100 million by a team [agent Neil] Sheehy wouldn't identify.

To make the Minnesota contracts identical, Parise actually took less than the Wild had offered him.

Whoa... thank God he didn't sign here.

Revenant

MORE DETAILS: CANUCKS COMPLIMENTED DOAN ON HAIR, DOAN RECIPROCATED.

MORE DETAILS: CANUCKS LATER ASKED TO COME IN TO DOANS PLACE FOR COFFEE AND CONTRACT SIGNING . DOAN REJECTED SAYING HE NEEDED TO TAKE THINGS SLOW AS HE JUST GOT OUT Of A LONG RELATIONSHIP. CANUCKS DISAPPOINTED BY KISS ON CHEEK.

MORE DETAILS: CANUCKS LATER ASKED TO COME IN TO DOANS PLACE FOR COFFEE AND CONTRACT SIGNING . DOAN REJECTED SAYING HE NEEDED TO TAKE THINGS SLOW AS HE JUST GOT OUT Of A LONG RELATIONSHIP. CANUCKS DISAPPOINTED BY KISS ON CHEEK.

DOAN SAID HE'D CALL. CANUCKS STILL WAITING. THEY'D CALL THEMSELVES BUT DON'T WANT TO COME OFF AS NEEDY AND DESPERATE.

Love the new thread title.

Top Bottom