• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Would Doan play for the Canucks considering they have French-Canadians Burrows and Lapierre on the roster, not to mention the coach ?

I'm watching the Wild press conference introducing Parise and Suter.

Parise looks like he's taking a shit.

Well at least he can afford the best TP money can buy now.

RC

Banned
Clearly I've missed something. We need to play hard to get.

Wait a sec, we resigned Raymond? Fuck. If it costs more then a bag of pucks I'll be pissed. It did? Damn it all to hell.

Quick

Banned
Craig Leipold wants to curtail the increasing salaries for players.

Team signs Parise and Suter for $98 million each.

qYxDt.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Hoping Semin makes a decision this week. Would be an upgrade after the Pens lost Sullivan.

Dupuis-Crosby-Semin
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Looks good to me! On D...

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen
Engelland-Despres/Lovejoy/sexy prospect

Not too shabby, though it would be great if Shero could land one more proven dman.

cube444

Hoping Semin makes a decision this week. Would be an upgrade after the Pens lost Sullivan.

Dupuis-Crosby-Semin
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen

Not too shabby, though it would be great if Shero could land one more proven dman.

That D sucks. :lol @ Martin for 1st pairing.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Omg omgomg leafs news upcoming

What can it be

Holzer just signed

Leafs have been holding conversations with doan, unsure of pleasantness

They have filed arbitration for Kulemin

DopeyFish

Oh and holzer deal is one way

Leafs now have Phaneuf, Liles, gardiner, holzer, gunnarsson, komisarek, franson

Looks like franson is being used as trade bait

Cake Boss

Banned

Dupuis-Crosby-Semin
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen

LOLOLOLOLOL That D

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guy from the 4th period said Doan won't go to a team thats not a cup contender. Not a surprise, but teams like Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, etc aren't going to be on his list.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Dupuis-Crosby-Semin
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen

Only Detroit's is worse.

Dastardly

Unfortunately the Caps won't be able to sign Nathan Walker due to some rule about being unable to sign an undrafted European league player. He'll be in the draft next year unless the new CBA gets rid of this rule. The Flyers tried signing someone last season but they couldn't and he ended up being drafted by the Kings this year.

That's a kick in the groin. Thanks for the info though man. He'll get drafted next year - book it.

The days of cup contenders are over. With this parity, you just need to get in the dance to have a chance. Oooohh that rhymed.

Maybe in the West, some teams are most stacked than others but it's closer than ever.

I still think the healthiest team to make it to the Final wins it, not necessarily the best.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The days of cup contenders are over. With this parity, you just need to get in the dance to have a chance. Oooohh that rhymed.
Kings are the first team to win it all being lower them the 5th seed, I wouldn't expect anymore 8th seeds to be winning for a while, also Kings one of the better 8th seeds ever.

Alucard

Banned
LOLOLOLOLOL That D

It's honestly not as bad as it looks, minus the third pairing. Letting Michalek go makes it look pretty bad, though. :-/ Pens still had one of the strongest goal differentials in the league last season with pretty much this lineup. Still think the first round was a flukey aberration that came out of bizarro world. Those weren't the Penguins that I had watched all season.

Things that need to happen for the Pens' D not to fall apart...

-Letang needs to be healthy, and he needs to keep his cool in the playoffs.
-Martin needs to have the kind of season he had in 2010-2011.
-Niskanen just needs to keep doing what he's doing. He was the best dman for the Pens in the playoffs, and very consistent throughout the season.
-Orpik needs to stay in his zone and knock guys around.
-Lovejoy needs to mature ASAP.
-Engelland is solid. Not much to say about him.
-One of the young guys needs to step up and steal a spot in camp...probably from Lovejoy. I'm looking at Simon Despres or Joe Morrow.

It's really not that bad to Pens fans who watched almost every regular season game last season. If Byslma can get some structure back into the Pens' defensive system, I'm honestly not horrified. There are far worse defenses in the league. But hey, if Shero could snag a proven guy and slot him in Lovejoy's spot, or even rotate him with Martin if Martin continues to look like he did this past season, that would be all for the better. Somebody has to be open for a fleecing. :(

Cake Boss

Banned
Hey we took NYR to 7 games in a series that was supposed to be a sweep of a team that wasn't even supposed to be in the playoffs. You never really know.

We should have beat them in 6 like I predicted but the coach decided to fuck over chemistry and change the line up for 6 and 7.

Doan reportedly has around 3 teams in mind and the Canucks are almost certainly on it. I don't see how the Penguins are in the mix considering he wants to stay in the West, but I'd imagine Detroit would definitely be in.

He's looking for 4-5 years, good location, good management group and a cup contender. The 4-5 years really scares me though.

The anti-arena lawsuits in Quebec were tossed out, right? And was't there some July 9 deadline for the Phoenix signature collection? Marvie, please come in.

Komisarek (oddly) would be pretty useful in a limited role for the Canucks, maybe giving them that size and grit Gillis felt they lacked.

DopeyFish

Ballard is actually useful. Komisarek... not so much.

I watch both teams enough to know komisarek is actually good on most nights - sometimes he has an off night. I have watched Ballard play since his Florida days, and he sucks just as much as he always did.

Top Bottom