• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Guess the Hawks are about to get a bunch of French Canadian prospects.

Detroit GM Ken Holland: "We have no interest in Semin."

Eklund, 9 minutes ago: "I'm hearing that things are really heating up on the Alexander Semin front and Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago and New Jersey have gotten down to brass tacks with serious offers for the controversial Capitals free agent."

Seriously, Eklund. Just read every once in a while.

I don't think Holland flat out said we don't have interest in Semin, just that he has only talked to them once.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've heard Detroit, San Jose, Hawks, and Vancouver. Apparently Doan and Toews are good friends or something.
Parise and Crosby are friends......Kane and Suter are friends....blahblahblah

BWAHAHAHAH LOL

ibiyLdJ34sbZkr.gif

Alucard

Banned
In development camp, Bylsma has said he likes the idea of pairing Despres with Letang. Guess Simon has shown him something. Nice.

Letang-Despres
Niskanen-Martin
Orpik-Engelland
?

Already looks better on paper. Heh. Though not sure about two big bodies on the third pairing. Maybe Orpik with Niskanen on 2, and Engo and Martin on 3.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd just like to say that if there's some sort of trade between the Rangers and Tampa going down soon, I called it. If not, disregard this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How Gauthier can get another job in hockey, let alone one in scouting is beyond my comprehension.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It is mind-boggling to me that Holland seems to have no interest in Semin.

Outside of Franzen who has vastly underperformed, the team really has no pure goal-scoring forwards.

I'd just like to say that if there's some sort of trade between the Rangers and Tampa going down soon, I called it. If not, disregard this.

Really don't see it, unless Marty is coming back I don't see a player on the lightning that fits an available need. The chances he gets traded are slim anyways.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait, why?

Wife of an NHL'er who played for Tampa (and norfolk, don't get too excited) posted on facebook that she's looking forward to her husband playing for the Rangers next season... I don't know who it is though, only that he played for the Wolves, Tampa and Norfolk in the past few years. And he's around 29, now NHL-GAF might be able to narrow it down lol Source: coworker is friends with the wife.... For what it's worth.

Red_Man

Wife of an NHL'er who played for Tampa (and norfolk, don't get too excited) posted on facebook that she's looking forward to her husband playing for the Rangers next season... I don't know who it is though, only that he played for the Wolves, Tampa and Norfolk in the past 2 years. Source: coworker is friends with the wife.... For what it's worth.
E5, quick someone get this shit to Manics so he can post it on Hfboards and Eklund will re-post it in 3 hours.

Red_Man

To make Revenant and Marvie feel better, Gauthier saw McDonagh play at the WJ's and didn't like him and was a huge reason he was put in the Gomez trade, and did so without consulting our head scout until after the trade was completed.

ZeroGravity

Wife of an NHL'er who played for Tampa (and norfolk, don't get too excited) posted on facebook that she's looking forward to her husband playing for the Rangers next season... I don't know who it is though, only that he played for the Wolves, Tampa and Norfolk in the past few years. And he's around 29, now NHL-GAF might be able to narrow it down lol Source: coworker is friends with the wife.... For what it's worth.
The only player I could find who fits most of this criteria is Brandon Segal. He played this year with Tampa and Norfolk, he's 28 (29 on July 12), and he is married. He never played for the Chicago Wolves though, but he did play for the Chicago Blackhawks' minor league affiliate Rockford before we acquired him.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
He should be 37 when his contracts are up, maybe he will retire or the Red Wings will sign him.

Possibly.

I think Neil had more hits than the entire Leafs roster last season ...sorry I mean he had more pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence than the Maple Leafs.

Fei

I got to go to Sabres Development Camp today - was actually pretty fun. Surprised how many people were there.. probably near 1,000. When I went last year there couldn't have been more than 100, so pretty good turnout for a Tuesday morning.

Maybe most importantly, Marcus Foligno was the standout. The guy is just oozing confidence right now. I bet Girgensons is going to be really popular around here whenever he makes it - super high energy player with a good pair of hands. Grigorenko looked pretty nervous until a shootout drill, where he netted three in a row in pretty fashion. Have to wonder if he's a bit tight because of expectations. Armia stood out in the drills, but not nearly as much in the scrimmage. Still another year or so for him I would bet.

Erdrick

I got to go to Sabres Development Camp today - was actually pretty fun. Surprised how many people were there.. probably near 1,000. When I went last year there couldn't have been more than 100, so pretty good turnout for a Tuesday morning.

Maybe most importantly, Marcus Foligno was the standout. The guy is just oozing confidence right now. I bet Girgensons is going to be really popular around here whenever he makes it - super high energy player with a good pair of hands. Grigorenko looked pretty nervous until a shootout drill, where he netted three in a row in pretty fashion. Have to wonder if he's a bit tight because of expectations. Armia stood out in the drills, but not nearly as much in the scrimmage. Still another year or so for him I would bet.

Nice. I was at the Jets one yesterday and we had around 600 people show up for the first day. Our GM, Coach and one of the owners were all in attendance, along with our 1st round picks from this year and last. (Jacob Trouba and Mark Scheifele, respectively.) A few more of our AHL'ers were in attendance whom I recall from last year a little bit. Of course, none of these guys are going to make the team next year, I imagine. I hope Scheifele can in another year or 2. He's bulked up a bit from 177 to 191lbs and we need good centremen.

Nothing major overall, but it was just nice to see something hockey-related here in July. Kind of unusual for me to exit a rink and have it be +35C outside though...

I took my grandfather and he enjoyed seeing them just skate around and do the practice drills like he did as a kid. We are going again on Thursday morning. At the very least, it's a nice way to keep cool in this heat that has gripped Winnipeg.

Alucard

Banned
So, the Predators may also be interested in Shane Doan:http://www.thepredatorial.com/2012/...their-name-in-the-shane-doan-sweepstakes-hat/

What do you think, sef?

Good Semin piece: http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/07/10/alexander-semin-from-russia-with-lack-of-effort/

"What does all of this prove? Well to me it proves that Semin needs a strong creative center to be effective. I am not concerned with his work ethic nor his personality. Hockey players are hockey players with their own personalities, not some cancer filled parasites. The point being is that if Hudler can score 25 goals, I have no doubt in my mind that Semin would have had 35 playing on the line with Zetterberg and Filppula. No matter what most Washignton fans will tell ya, what most pundits from Canada try to sell ya, and no matter how silly Don Cherry looks in his clown suits…Alex can score goals. Last time I checked you need those goals to win."

semin.jpg

Actually want him in Pittsburgh at this point. Been a while since they had a right-handed player who could put the puck in the net with regularity.

So, the Predators may also be interested in Shane Doan:http://www.thepredatorial.com/2012/...their-name-in-the-shane-doan-sweepstakes-hat/

What do you think, sef?

Good Semin piece: http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/07/10/alexander-semin-from-russia-with-lack-of-effort/

"What does all of this prove? Well to me it proves that Semin needs a strong creative center to be effective. I am not concerned with his work ethic nor his personality. Hockey players are hockey players with their own personalities, not some cancer filled parasites. The point being is that if Hudler can score 25 goals, I have no doubt in my mind that Semin would have had 35 playing on the line with Zetterberg and Filppula. No matter what most Washignton fans will tell ya, what most pundits from Canada try to sell ya, and no matter how silly Don Cherry looks in his clown suits…Alex can score goals. Last time I checked you need those goals to win."

semin.jpg

Actually want him in Pittsburgh at this point. Been a while since they had a right-handed player who could put the puck in the net with regularity.

Dang it HOLLAND!! Get on it!!

Top Bottom