• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Fei

Nothing major overall, but it was just nice to see something hockey-related here in July. Kind of unusual for me to exit a rink and have it be +35C outside though...

Hah, true. Amazing how quickly the ice deteriorated when it's so hot outside. I wasn't sure what to wear since it's chilly inside but steamy outside. Still, fun to watch some hockey again.

Did Patrick Roy's kid look any good? I read in the news today he's at the Sabres camp after going undrafted.

Actually, he did look good. He's small (actually looks a lot like Derek Roy in a uniform. Probably a touch bigger), but he looked like a pretty smooth skate with some shiftiness. I think he's a bit older than the other rookies, but I'm still surprised he went undrafted.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Headline of one of the newest Pass It To Bulis blogposts: "Fan favourite Mason Raymond re-signs in Vancouver, everyone rejoices"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

“At the end of the day, no one should feel sorry for me,” Raymond told the Vancouver Sun’s Elliott Pap, hilariously.

... yeah no.

pringles

Who knows what is going on with Semin. Haven't heard much that is reliable.

KHL seems the most likely destination for him but I will still be surprised if no NHL team is willing to take a chance on a potential 40-goal scorer in this goal-starved era we're in.

This is the worst offseason ever. A lot of talk, no action.

Who knows what is going on with Semin. Haven't heard much that is reliable.

KHL seems the most likely destination for him but I will still be surprised if no NHL team is willing to take a chance on a potential 40-goal scorer in this goal-starved era we're in.

This is the worst offseason ever. A lot of talk, no action.

Yeah this offseason has really sucked. Hopefully the Yotes move soon and redeem it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Semin must really be a terrible guy in the locker room. A guy with that talent should have been signed a week ago, especially for teams like Detroit who have nobody who can score.

:D

Bowman to coach Red Wings alumni team

Scotty Bowman has committed to coaching the Red Wings alumni team for the Red Wings-Maple Leafs Alumni Showdown Dec. 31 at Comerica Park, MLive.com has learned.

It is the last event before the Jan. 1 Winter Classic between Detroit and Toronto at Michigan Stadium.

Bowman, the winningest coach in NHL history was an obvious choice.

He guided to Red Wings to three Stanley Cup championships during an eight-year stint in Detroit, in which he compiled a record of 410-193-98. Bowman retired in 2002 after winning his NHL-record ninth Cup. He won 1,244 games.

Bowman is a consultant with the Chicago Blackhawks. The entire rosters for the Alumni Showdown will be revealed during a news conference Wednesday at Comerica Park.

I'm holding out hope that Federov and Yzerman play, I know both are busy but that would be something. Maybe having Bowman their will entice them to play.

Also in prospect news, Malik has a write up on how they were during the first scrimmage, some real positive notes on some of our big players like Jurco, and Pulkinnen which is great! http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/red_wings_development_camp_day_3_scrimmage/

He seems to have left a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths..

Ohyou.jpg

Sanjuro

What a turd. He doesn't follow anybody's rules. Not even his own.

FpnMO.jpg

Montresor

Well I dunno if Alucard read my pm from awhile back, so I'll write a belated congrats for the birth of his child.

Who are some guys the Leafs could get for the alumni game?

I'm thinking Salming, Gilmour, Clark, and Sundin are absolute locks. Curtis Joseph too. We won't have an extensive list as glamourous as Detroit's though.

Well I dunno if Alucard read my pm from awhile back, so I'll write a belated congrats for the birth of his child.

I'm thinking Salming, Gilmour, Clark, and Sundin are absolute locks. Curtis Joseph too. We won't have an extensive list as glamourous as Detroit's though.

Joseph will let in about 50 goals and at the end of the game rip off his Toronto jersey to show his Detroit one!

I actually was able to meet and take a penalty shot on Joseph during his stint in Detroit, the only problem is that it was around the time that he might be traded, so they changed it to a meet and greet breakfast instead of being able to take a penalty shot against him. Still was a cool guy and I got a few autographs and what not.

They're announcing the team in an hour. We'll have names.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There's a guy who comes into my work that is like a bazillion years old and claims he played for the red wings in the 50s-60s

No, it's not Chris chelios

There's a guy who comes into my work that is like a bazillion years old and claims he played for the red wings in the 50s-60s

No, it's not Chris chelios

Gordie Howe ????

What a turd. He doesn't follow anybody's rules. Not even his own.

He has no reason to do Howson any favors. His agent said at the deadline that the list would shrink in the off-season so at this point they have to live up to that.

lupinko

There's also Roberts, Peca, Nieuwendyk, Mogilny, Belfour, Potvin, Lindros, Nolan, Leetch, Francis, Housley. Though most of those aren't legendary alumni, but alumni nonetheless.

Could also go for the likes of Sergei Berezin or Peter Zezel!

Top Bottom