• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

CREMSteve

I think she's had some work done... Paulina Gretzky everyone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-adam-sandler-grown-ups-2-193355843--nhl.html

Screen-Shot-2012-07-12-at-1.58.29-PM.png

The brunette is cute.

Solo

You could probably have the 2028 NHL draft ready to go if you were to pump all the hockey player semen out of her stomach and artificially inseminate a bunch of women.

Heretic

146190779-590x383.jpg

just gotta even things out here

You son of a...

This offseason has been hell. Ducks lost Lubo, Brookbank, Parros, and came close to losing Bobby too (still possible but unlikely). Dastardly and I were expecting to see Dumba in a Ducks jersery and instead we got Lindholm who actually looks like he'll be a good player.

Picked up a couple of bigger D-men to help our young guns so we'll see how that turns out. This news of Teemu, although somewhat expected, feels like winning the lottery because of how bad it's been. Can't wait for next season. Ducks are coming for blood!

Teemu said:
Obviously there’s some unfinished business from last year. Can’t wait to start the season again.

Let's fucking do this!

Well off topic but of course that doesn't mean anything in this thread. Just finished the Witcher 2 on 360 and I have to say I am quite impressed, a few flaws here and there and not the game of the year people kept saying about it, but it was pretty sweet none the less and would highly recommend it to people who haven't played it yet.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Best moment of the Habs season is a toss up between Eller's 4 goal game and Cole high fiving a ref after scoring :lol
I've watched Eller's 4 goal highlights about 20 times, so that's why I didn't bother posting it :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Best moment of the Habs season is a toss up between Eller's 4 goal game and Cole high fiving a ref after scoring :lol

I'd write the high-five down as one of the best moments of the NHL season, not just for Habs fans :p that was brilliant

He sounds like such a total meathead. Not just about the gay comment, but the entire thing. He was kind of baited into the gay comment but it doesn't make it better by any means

Fei

Hasek met with the Sabres today looking for the backup role.. lol. Politely told thanks but no thanks.

Went to the D-Camp scrimmage tonight. I hope the Sabres give Frederic Roy a contract.

Hasek met with the Sabres today looking for the backup role.. lol. Politely told thanks but no thanks.

Went to the D-Camp scrimmage tonight. I hope the Sabres give Frederic Roy a contract.

---Regier acknowledged he joined Lindy Ruff in a couple of meetings with Dominik Hasek about the Sabres' goalie possibly making a return to the NHL but that Buffalo has passed.

"One thing I am sure of: He has no doubt in his mind that he can play," Regier said. "I think it probably gives him a little bit of lift seeing somebody like Brodeur play at 40 in the Stanley Cup final. I know better than to question Dom's desire and his ability. Unfortunately, it's not something that was going to fit here."

---Regier said contract negotiations are continuing with first-round pick Mikhail Grigorenko and that he continues to wait on Phoenix free agent Shane Doan, who is said to still be holding off on accepting offers while he sees if the Coyotes' ownership situation gets settled.

---The Sabres announced the attendance at tonight's scrimmage was 5,073.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Please stop making this a political issue brah. It's Goldwater's fault.

LOL

Speaking of:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...referendum-say-signatures-submitted-abrk.html

I'll summarize it for you:

1) Goldwater is about 300 signatures short of what the city council is saying they need (which is absolutely crazy considering how long they had and how many people are against this).

2) However, they argue they have more than enough because they say the city is incorrectly basing the number of signatures needed on the 2008 population figures instead of the 2010 figures.

3) City council says they'll reject the signatures because there aren't enough and they didn't turn them in before the date.

Even shorter summary:

This thing is going to court.

Here's the key:
Election-law experts say the referendum backers are unlikely to prevail in court.

"That's a pretty uphill battle for these folks," said Andy Gordon, a Phoenix-based attorney who has worked on past referendums. "I think they're pretty clearly out of time."

I think the league ends up footing the massive bill and the Coyotes stay at least another year in Phoenix. Bettman is still saying he "believes" Jamison has the money. I honestly have no idea what to think. My best guess is that the league is already offering to loan him half of what he needs to make the sale complete.

Top Bottom