• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

s3bEE.gif

Pens_Money.gif

Socreges

Banned
I dunno, I read that and my Islanders rash started to itch.
That's just the chlamydia.

I hope it's someone that has no chance of actually signing him. Like the Islanders. But it's looking less and less likely that the Canucks can get him at a reasonable price.

Would laugh if it was Philly. They still need to sign Voracek and somehow find another dman or two.

That's just the chlamydia.

I hope it's someone that has no chance of actually signing him. Like the Islanders. But it's looking less and less likely that the Canucks can get him at a reasonable price.

Would laugh if it was Philly. They still need to sign Voracek and somehow find another dman or two.

Resigning Voracek will cost about 4. Doan would be 7. That would take up our available cap space. Then we get Pronger LTIR and then we get 2m from Schenn's hit going down to 1m on the first day of the season. And we don't NEED another D-man since none seem to be on the market. We have three rookies who all played solid minutes last year that will be back.

7m for Doan is WAY too much, but it's also WAY better than trading for Nash. It's probably even SLIGHTLY better than trading for Bobby Ryan. So if that's the ONLY stupid thing Homer does I consider this a solid offseason.

Heretic

Man, Perry and Getlzaf are going to want huge wads of cash next offseason... I'm thinking we might lose them now...

Oh and I voted again from work, Dastardly! We have over 150 computers here and I'll try to vote on every one of them! Going to try ninja my way to the site and vote before anyone sees what i'm looking at!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, Doan's probably staying in Arizona now that the team isnt moving.

Quick

Banned
Man, Perry and Getlzaf are going to want huge wads of cash next offseason... I'm thinking we might lose them now...

I don't know if this off-season is just an exception, or if it'll start becoming the norm with paying $7 million+ for star players. I really just hope it's an exception.

Fei

$7.5M cap hit for DOAN? :lol Please let that happen.
Please don't be Buffalo

And voted

Edit: Honestly I'd love to have Doan on my team, and I wouldn't mind overpaying him for 2 years or so. But 4 years at that salary is ridiculous.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It would be godlike if both Rielly and Galchenyuk made their respective teams. Hopefully Orr makes a comeback and keeps Prust in line.

This offseason is boring as hell. Almost nothing is happening.
Maybe if both teams keep them up for the 9 game stint, and an Orr / Brown and Prust fight needs to happen first night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If that offer is legit it might be the canes seeing as they've tried to get Nash and Ryan already.

Merguson

Banned
Watch the Doan offer being reported to come from the Leafs while everyone and their mother was predicting other eastern teams.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. He rejects the Leafs regardless.

You heard it here first!

Fei

More I think about it, I bet it's the Pens. They lost Staal, didn't win Parise, and haven't gotten Semin to sign for the last week. They seem like a desperate team.

Razorskin

----- ------
More I think about it, I bet it's the Pens. They lost Staal, didn't win Parise, and haven't gotten Semin to sign for the last week. They seem like a desperate team.

I hope it is, his contract will look great with Martin's while Alucard admires Shero's "genius"

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, Doan's probably staying in Arizona now that the team isnt moving.
Let's see Jamison put up the cash first. The guy who wrote the article about Jamison having the money is completely full of shit and has written several articles about a Coyotes sale being almost done in the past. There's still going to be court cases over the referendum signatures and a gift clause challenge so this is far from over.

We need to hear from the Manics guy, I bet he knows who made the offer.
No....no we don't.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at Hasek wanting a multi-year contract at age 48.

Plinko

Let's see Jamison put up the cash first. The guy who wrote the article about Jamison having the money is completely full of shit and has written several articles about a Coyotes sale being almost done in the past. There's still going to be court cases over the referendum signatures and a gift clause challenge so this is far from over.

The local attorney seemed to think that Goldwater had no shot at winning the signature court case.

Marvie_3

Banned
The local attorney seemed to think that Goldwater had no shot at winning the signature court case.

The local attorney? Is that like the local sheriff or local schoolmarm? I'm not a lawyer but given the shady way Glendale has tried to push all this through and them having all the incentive to reject the petitions for any reason they can think of, I think they have a shot.

Plinko

The local attorney? Is that like the local sheriff or local schoolmarm? I'm not a lawyer but given the shady way Glendale has tried to push all this through and them having all the incentive to reject the petitions for any reason they can think of, I think they have a shot.

I don't know--the article says it's Andy Gordon, a Phoenix-based attorney who has performed lawsuits based around the referendums before, so my guess is that he knows what he's talking about.

Alucard

Banned

Pens beat reporters saying that Pittsburgh's interest in Semin is limited. :-/

Anyway, in Shero I trust. Best GM of the past 40 years.

Top Bottom