• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Both prospects will injure themselves and be out for 8 months or more, again.

And then we spend the next 5 years arguing which of the injured prospects had more potential.
I'm hoping that after all the injuries the Habs have had the last couple years, we now have good karma from the hockey gods.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know--the article says it's Andy Gordon, a Phoenix-based attorney who has performed lawsuits based around the referendums before, so my guess is that he knows what he's talking about.

Uh.....

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ales-ballot-measures-rebuff-may-go-court.html

Phoenix election-law attorney Andy Gordon said a judge may interpret issues differently than Glendale.

"You can bet your bottom dollar the lawyers are getting ready," he said.

Gordon, who has worked with cities and initiative groups on election-law questions, said it's unclear whether the serial-number concern will be enough to boot the initiative from the ballot and attorneys for the sales-tax initiative are likely to argue that the group's summary was accurate.

Red_Man

LOL. I remember thinking this 2 seasons ago as a Pens fan. It only gets worse, friend.
Only way it can get worse at this point is if Price goes down with a serious injury, in which case I'll start watching curling or something else.

Free Tim Hortons for a year as a signing bonus?
canucks_wellwood_hungry.jpg

Ecklund confirmed it's not Philly, so it's Philly.

Eklund actually has a better track record with the Flyers than any other team. I met a guy here in DC who is apparently a family friend of his and says the guy is actually kinda connected in Philly through a really random series of events, but doesn't have much of anything for any other teams.

Razorskin

----- ------
Eklund actually has a better track record with the Flyers than any other team. I met a guy here in DC who is apparently a family friend of his and says the guy is actually kinda connected in Philly through a really random series of events, but doesn't have much of anything for any other teams. (B5)

Fixed.

Erdrick

Very, VERY happy that the Jets signed Wellwood. He was a very pleasant surprise for me last year and is the type of player who can play on any line and improve it. Plays smart and is rarely penalized. Hope he can get a little stronger and stay on the puck more, but nonetheless, this pleases me much.

I hope he can keep up his solid play from last year. For the price, if he can produce as he did last year, Wellwood is a bargain of the highest value right there.

Socreges

Banned
So I think he's now gonna get four years minimum. He may not take the 30 mill, but he wants as many years as possible and will use the four guaranteed as leverage.

39-year-old making $7.5M...yikes.

Revenant

A guy who registered 50 points last year wants how much?

to be fair that was just an offer he got, but hey why stifle your own market. Who knows if he signs with this mystery team but what player sends back an offer and tells a team "hey you guys are overrating me, you could knock a million off that deal!"

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all those who voted. Woke up this morning to my phone going off and her yelling excitedly about being in third place. It was fantastic to hear her smiling and you guys played a big part in that.

So from the bottom of my heart - thank you all. If you ever need a favour from me, you have only to ask.

(Haha Heretic, you really used all the computers at your work?! That's amazing. Thank you for going the extra mile!)

Razorskin

----- ------
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all those who voted. Woke up this morning to my phone going off and her yelling excitedly about being in third place. It was fantastic to hear her smiling and you guys played a big part in that.

So from the bottom of my heart - thank you all. If you ever need a favour from me, you have only to ask.

(Haha Heretic, you really used all the computers at your work?! That's amazing. Thank you for going the extra mile!)

Make a thread man, cause if your sister doesnt win I will legit cry.

Revenant

just got home from work, voted!

also

opeth fan?

Corgi-double-high-five.gif

Bones, I'm at Rock the Shores right now drinking Analogue 78 Kolsch. Your suggestion. Good stuff.

Nice! I think I need to get some now. My work told me to leave early so that I wouldn't deal with the 'Rock the Shores' traffic. Only on the island.

re Doan's wages, I know he's entitled to whatever the market pays him, and I wouldn't begrudge him securing a massive deal. I just can't believe there are teams offering that much coin as the league threatens a lockout due to excessive wages.

Vman

Went to the Wild's prospect scrimmage last night. Really fun and they had 7,000 people there. Granlund looks amazing, reads the ice great. Brodin showed why he was team Sweden's best defensemen at the world championships this year. Dude is going to be one of the best in the nhl soon.

Went to the Wild's prospect scrimmage last night. Really fun and they had 7,000 people there. Granlund looks amazing, reads the ice great. Brodin showed why he was team Sweden's best defensemen at the world championships this year. Dude is going to be one of the best in the nhl soon.

slow down there

Revenant

Nice! I think I need to get some now. My work told me to leave early so that I wouldn't deal with the 'Rock the Shores' traffic. Only on the island.

re Doan's wages, I know he's entitled to whatever the market pays him, and I wouldn't begrudge him securing a massive deal. I just can't believe there are teams offering that much coin as the league threatens a lockout due to excessive wages.

same reason The Wild GM could bemoan player salaries while concurrently welcoming their two new shining 7.5 million dollar a year players. maniacs running the asylum.

Heretic

Ducks fly together!

Ps: I know you're not fond of movie references :p

In this case, I am :p

IT'S KNUCKLEPUCK TIME! :fistbump:

Make a thread man, cause if your sister doesnt win I will legit cry.

Will that shit fly on NeoGAF? Or is it illegal, like on Reddit? I remember there was a guy who was in a competition to get his goalie mask painted and he made a thread here I guess...

Bish?

Well Zetterberg, Alfredsson, and others on the team straight up said he was there best defensemen and said he looked like a young lidstrom. High praise coming from them.

Countrymen praise other countrymen - Film at 11

Edit: I'm sure he'll be a great player. But one of the BEST d-men in the NHL SOON? I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Vman

Countrymen praise other countrymen - Film at 11

Edit: I'm sure he'll be a great player. But one of the BEST d-men in the NHL SOON? I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Well when your on the top pairing at age 18 i think it warrants praise and shows that he can make an impact immediatly.

Well when your on the top pairing at age 18 i think it warrants praise and shows that he can make an impact immediatly.

good luck with that. Going from those big swedish rinks to the smaller North American ones is a huge transition for the hardest position to learn.

Red_Man

Eklund says Montrea is the team that made that Doan offer. Awesome, so Montreal definitely didn't make Doan that offer, good news.

Top Bottom