• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Tabris

I think all the GM's have gone mad with how much a player is worth.

I think the opposite actually. These kind of deals were pretty standard back in the day. Trade some NHL ready prospects and picks for a top player.

I mean just look back at the NJ - ATL trade for Kovalchuk and that was essentially a rental.

Socreges

Banned
I think the opposite actually. These kind of deals were pretty standard back in the day. Trade some NHL ready prospects and picks for a top player.

I mean just look back at the NJ - ATL trade for Kovalchuk and that was essentially a rental.
iboDBGcagKzsRI.jpg

Socreges

Banned
BE is pretty good, but BB kills it. Not even close.
Breaking Bad is awesome. Really fun and mostly brainless. And it's got Cranston. Boardwalk is a more layered and rewarding show (more consistent, too). The best on TV right now along with Mad Men. But I can understand why people would prefer BB.

Cake Boss

Banned
Boardwalk was awesome till
till they killed Jimmy, The only interesting character in the show, everyone else is boring as fuck, now the story will be centered around Nucky, fuck that might as well be a turtle, could be as equally interesting, could be less ugly too. I ain't even gonna bother with season 3 now. Its like if Breaking Bad killed off Jesse after season 2.

Socreges

Banned
Boardwalk was awesome till
till they killed Jimmy, The only interesting character in the show, everyone else is boring as fuck, now the story will be centered around Nucky, fuck that might as well be a turtle, could be as equally interesting. Its like if Breaking Bad killed off Jesse after season 2.
So it was awesome until the absolute last episode that we've seen so far?

The story has always been centered around Nucky. He won't get any more screen time than he already has. Rothstein, Luciano, Capone... these are the guys that will get more investment with Jimmy gone. They're also going to introduce a couple major characters, IIRC.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Breaking Bad is awesome. Really fun and mostly brainless. And it's got Cranston. Boardwalk is a more layered and rewarding show (more consistent, too). The best on TV right now along with Mad Men. But I can understand why people would prefer BB.
Really? I agree that BE is more layered, but BB is better in every other way imo, and the most rewarding show on TV. I lost interest half way through this past season of Mad Men, but I definitely enjoy BE after seeing how season 2 ended.

Revenant

I really need to start watching boardwalk empire. Heard mixed things when it first started but now I only hear good things. Not really sure what its about though.

Socreges

Banned
I really need to start watching boardwalk empire. Heard mixed things when it first started. Not really sure what its about though.
Prohibition era. Capone, Rothstein and Luciano are principle characters, but not (yet?) the focus of the show. The first season isn't too eventful, but the writing and acting are still outstanding. Season two is when the show hits its stride.

Ryan has scored over 30 goals 3 straight seasons. I think Couturier is going to be really good but I would trade him for Ryan straight up without a question.

That's because you don't get the point of two way players and measure players solely on stats. Couturier is a two way monster. Also cap.

I'd argue these points again but you seem to refuse to acknowledge them.

Curufinwe

Ryan has scored over 30 goals 3 straight seasons. I think Couturier is going to be really good but I would trade him for Ryan straight up without a question.

Couturier is still only 19 and is already a two-way stud as bwg pointed out. We could be looking at a perennial Selke finalist. Ryan is 25 and may have already peaked; lots of hockey players peak in their early 20s.

Also cap.

Top Bottom