• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
saza, rellix, I don't know if you guys are talking about my post re: Green. He's a stud defensively now? I didn't mean to say he was terrible.

Socreges

Banned
Saw this and thought 'weird thing to call someone', so I looked it up and hey:

"I had a reaction just like that," recalled Poti, who now carries what he calls an 'Epi-Pen' - a syringe filled with the drug epinephrine - with him at all times. "I can touch chocolate, but if I was to touch fish or peanut butter I would have a reaction. You have to be careful. That's why I always have my Epi-Pen with me - it's always in my pocket. I always have it no matter what, because it's a lifesaver."

"Ninety per cent of the time the epinephrine can save you, but most of the kids think it's uncool to carry the needle with them or tell their friends they have allergies and can't eat certain foods. I'm here to tell them that it's more uncool to be dead."

"People have said stuff," admitted Poti, who was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers in the third round in 1996. "There's always going to be those people out there who are going to criticize you or make fun of you and do whatever, but at the same time there's a lot of other people that are willing to help you and be concerned about it and help you along the way."
simpsons-nerd.gif

Alucard

Banned
The majority of people who think his defense is poor either live in Canada or Pittsburgh. It's in their best interest to rag on on reputations and nothing more. The Poti situation is a bit of an aberration. The only similarity is that they've both been sidelined by groin issues in the past.

In Poti's case, they just couldn't figure out what was causing the problem and have no solution. Green has gotten surgery for his problems and is ready to go. Some of his injuries are his own fault (leaving himself vulnerable against the boards in his own end) but some just from pure shitty luck ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTA_tZqE9uQ ).

If the Caps do get "Poti'd" again.. well.. it doesn't really matter. Those contracts don't count against the cap, and (correct me if I'm wrong) insurance pays most of the salary.

Green should get some more sweet tats and power up his scooter with all that cash.

Really though, he's a lot better defensively than before, but it's still fun to rag on the guy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Saw this and thought 'weird thing to call someone', so I looked it up and hey:

simpsons-nerd.gif

What the heck? My kids have those severe allergies and we have to carry those Epipens with us everywhere. Screw anyone who makes fun of that. That can be life or death.

What the heck? My kids have those severe allergies and we have to carry those Epipens with us everywhere. Screw anyone who makes fun of that. That can be life or death.

When I was about 14 I discovered the hard way that I was allergic to cats, my throat completely closed up and I couldn't open my eyes for about a day without them watering like crazy. Severe allergies are no joke. I grew out of it though, thank fuck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He saw the money Jagr, Whitney, and Doan are getting and probably thought "fuck it why not"

Socreges

Banned
Was it one particular injury that plagued his last two seasons and pushed him into retirement? Which would mean he could return and be effective. ...or was he just old?

So what the hell is up with the Phoenix situation right now? Bunch of people on Reddit are acting as if the team's going to stay for realz now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is that the website that had the Red Wings rated #4 overall? If so then take it with a grain of salt.

Didn't realize you were such an expert on the Wings' scouting and farm system. Do tell us why they're not that high on the list.

Didn't realize you were such an expert on the Wings' scouting and farm system. Do tell us why they're not that high on the list.

Because only old people are in the Wings prospect system!!

Sorry but the Wings have a lot of high quality quys in the system right now, if we can just get by these next few years we could see another resurgence here with some of the guys we have in our system.

Marvie_3

Banned
I cant believe they couldnt get enough signatures. They should have gotten way more then they needed just to be careful, and they should have turned them in early. This shit is going to drag on forever.

The sales tax referendum should be more than sufficient to kill this deal. Jamison doesn't have the money anyway. If he did, you wouldn't hear Bettman talking about how they're still "making progress".

The sales tax referendum should be more than sufficient to kill this deal. Jamison doesn't have the money anyway. If he did, you wouldn't hear Bettman talking about how they're still "making progress".

I really hope you are right. I am worried about how much the NHL will lend him to keep this farce going.

Marvie_3

Banned
I really hope you are right. I am worried about how much the NHL will lend him to keep this farce going.

I'm starting to think the relocation is being held up as a bargaining chip during CBA negotiations. A team in QC is going to make a lot more money than Phoenix and that will increase the cap more each year.

I'm starting to think the relocation is being held up as a bargaining chip during CBA negotiations. A team in QC is going to make a lot more money than Phoenix and that will increase the cap more each year.

That makes sense but if the CBA drags on into the season there is no way they will be able to move the team then. They are going to be forced to play another season in Arizona.

Cake Boss

Banned

No high end blue chip prospects, there that was easy. Please ask me more questions while I am eating these fries, they seem to need a bit more salt, I could use some.

Cake Boss

Banned
Guys guys guys the Calder is going to Galchanyuck and the other nominees are the other 4 first rounders that Habs supposdly picked up in the later rounds.

Solo

A full season lockout would do wonders for the Habs (and lots of other teams). Prospects ready to be day one NHLers in 2013-2014? Yes please!

CREMSteve

A full season lockout would do wonders for the Habs (and lots of other teams). Prospects ready to be day one NHLers in 2013-2014? Yes please!

Couldn't do it man, I need my hockey fix. Even if it means watching my team miss the playoffs year after year, it's better than no hockey at all.

Top Bottom