• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not sure if posted

The 5 year proposed ELC is actually 2 years with 3 option years

That is actually super awesome

But still don't like UFA after 10

Make UFA after year 5... Kinda adds risk to doing a fifth year option on a fringe player

Scanning is mostly optional. The intro is almost CSI-style: you enter an area, have no idea what happened, and scanning helps build the story.

Most of the environments in Echoes are dark, dreary and very atmospheric. I definitely think it trumps the first game in that regard. The pacing is a mixed bag, though. A large part of your time will be spent in the dark world, and a lot of people didn't seem to enjoy that aspect of the game.

If you enjoyed Prime, you'll probably enjoy Echoes too. Plus, the sanctuary fortress stage is very cool, and some of the bosses are awe inducing.

I loved the bosses in Echoes (especially Quadraxis). The beginning is really annoying though due to your susceptibility to the Dark world (I had to stand in a Light area to regen health slowly). After you get some more health/upgrades though it starts to pick up, but I still didn't really like all the backtracking near the end (going from Light to Dark and such).

It was more ambitious than Prime so I can understand what Retro was trying to do, but the execution wasn't spot-on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Red Wings re-sign Quincey at 2 Years $3.775mil cap hit and their defense still sucks.

Almost $4 million cap hit? Wow. Terrible.

Also, I can't BELIEVE I missed Alan Wake in the Steam sale :(

Cactus

Banned
I loved the bosses in Echoes (especially Quadraxis). The beginning is really annoying though due to your susceptibility to the Dark world (I had to stand in a Light area to regen health slowly). After you get some more health/upgrades though it starts to pick up, but I still didn't really like all the backtracking near the end (going from Light to Dark and such).

It was more ambitious than Prime so I can understand what Retro was trying to do, but the execution wasn't spot-on.

It would have been nice if Retro allowed us to instantly warp to the dark world. Traveling between the worlds would have felt less tedious if I didn't have to watch the same 10 second cutscene 100 times.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Quincey deal is horrible but I'm not that upset. They have massive cap space and compared to other D-men deals this offseason it's comparable.

Alucard

Banned
Fuck. How ARE we going to survive this lockout? :( Hold 'Em? Darts? Curling? Water polo? The AHL?

I want a season! Hockey is booming!

Acid08

Banned
I really don't think there will be a lockout and if there is it won't be for a significant amount of time. Too much is at stake for everyone involved.

Plinko

LOL

Eklund has posted an article with a serious discussion about how he thinks the league should actually pay Doan's contract to keep him in Phoenix.

Yeah, that wouldn't be a conflict of interest at all.

Acid08

Banned
487980_10150955175242669_91063813_n.jpg

Jumbo had some busted hair as a child.

YOU NEED TO BUY ALAN WAKE NOW!!!! BEST SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE EVER DANG IT!!!

Also yeah I'm not too angry at that, it is only for two years and we have a tone of cap space, so it is only around 500,000 more than what is qualifying offer was.

Marvie_3

Banned
LOL

Eklund has posted an article with a serious discussion about how he thinks the league should actually pay Doan's contract to keep him in Phoenix.

Yeah, that wouldn't be a conflict of interest at all.

The whole Phoenix mess is one giant conflict of interest.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Couture is a huge Blue Jays fan too. Sounds like the Leafs center problem is solved.
Buddy of mine actually got a pic with Couture at the Jays game last week, pretty cool, apparently he's really friendly and easy to approach.

Plinko

YOU NEED TO BUY ALAN WAKE NOW!!!! BEST SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE EVER DANG IT!!!

Also yeah I'm not too angry at that, it is only for two years and we have a tone of cap space, so it is only around 500,000 more than what is qualifying offer was.

I'm waiting under the small hope that it reappears during the Steam sale.

I'm also hoping for Lego Batman 2 but I don't see that happening.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

It'll go on sale again, don't worry.

Also, is it noteworth my team has discovered a new gene? Yes/no? No? Okay :(

calder

I'm weak :( it's like my... 5th big steam sale or so though, so it's not THAT bad anymore
since I already own a lot of games :p also humblebundles.
Damn lol. It's the packs that kill me, thank god this year for the first time there's no publisher combo pack that really tempts me.

Re: Alan Wake - I'm really liking it! Environments are amazing, setting is awesome, very pleased how good it runs and looks on my aging PC etc. It's not scary really which is a bit of a surprise, but I love the Night Springs show and the admittedly pretty cliche story.

Also pleasantly surprised at how well Max Payme 3 runs. And I kinda dig the batshit over the top style.

Acid08

Banned
Damn lol. It's the packs that kill me, thank god this year for the first time there's no publisher combo pack that really tempts me.

Re: Alan Wake - I'm really liking it! Environments are amazing, setting is awesome, very pleased how good it runs and looks on my aging PC etc. It's not scary really which is a bit of a surprise, but I love the Night Springs show and the admittedly pretty cliche story.

Also pleasantly surprised at how well Max Payme 3 runs. And I kinda dig the batshit over the top style.

It was brought up on one of the recent Bombcasts but PC versions of console games have been great recently.

Story was my favorite part about the game, brought chills to my spine during certain sections.

I need to get back to Alan Wake for the 360. I loved what little I played.

Do it my friend, you won't be disappointed, thought it isn't a game to marathon, I found one chapter a night playing during the dark with the sound cranked up was pretty sweet. It isn't a horror game but that atmosphere will suck you into the game.

Heretic

Do it my friend, you won't be disappointed, thought it isn't a game to marathon, I found one chapter a night playing during the dark with the sound cranked up was pretty sweet. It isn't a horror game but that atmosphere will suck you into the game.
Time to bust out the X41 headphones! Ned to finish Max Payne 3 too. That game is fun.

Montresor

Max Payne 3 is one of my favs this gen, fucking love everything about that game. Alan Wake is also superb, crazedArab knows what he's talking about.

Alucard

Banned
So bored.

Any other GAFers want to get into shape? NHL-Fitness GAF? I'm sure there's a website we can use to track our progress and challenge each other. Would anyone be up for this? Just putting some feelers out there.

dbryanddtrungkgkfh.gif

Heretic

Played street hockey last Friday with my cousins and newphes... With brooms! We had a blast.

My back has been killing me since. So sore... Any tips?

Top Bottom