• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow I own so many games for it. NGS+, Resistance: Burning Skies, Wipeout 2048, Little Deviants, Mortal Kombat, Uncharted, and those are just the cart based games I own. I have also downloaded a bunch of games. I have been playing a lot of ToM lately, sadly no one on my friends list shares crystals though.

I currently have Wipeout, HSG, UMVC3 and MGS Collection.

I had Uncharted (meh) and Virtua Tennis (amazing).

Revenant

Anybody who has a 3DS and hasn't bought Kid Icarus: Uprising needs a stern talking-to.

talk away.

tumblr_m4vlu4KTar1qj3ir1.gif

I have a 3DS but I never tried Kid Icarus. I hate the 3DS so fucking much. I cant get the 3D to work for me no matter what I do. Before I owned it I never realized just how much I move my handheld while playing it. Now I know.

Revenant

Is someone here named wandering_goat on steam?

I just got a friend request from someone with that, not sure if its GAF or not. So anyone going to claim that?

Alucard

Banned
NHL FITNESS GAF.

0003.gif

For a place to track your progress, sign up at www.traineo.com. The group name is "NHL Fitness GAF." We can post discussion threads there, share tips, post pics, etc. You kind of have to know your starting weight off the bat, though. My scale is currently busted. Gonna pick up another one tomorrow for accurate readings.

If anyone knows of a better free online fitness tracker, let us know! This one has a paid subscription if anyone wants updated features, but for the basic stuff of setting a goal and watching the numbers go down, the free version does the job. It also has a calories tracker for the more hardcore of us. Personally, I can't be bothered to type up my meals daily, especially since one man's "chicken noodle soup" may be different from another's, but can keep a mental log.

(it takes 24 hours to be able to post in the group's forum)

Revenant

So i used Smiley's friends list to send out invites to other guys I knew were from NHL GAF. So if you get an invite to join NHLGAF its from me.

Socreges

Banned
Feels like you brought up having an MRI quite awhile ago. What exactly did you do to your knee? same injury?
Same injury. Ordered the MRI almost a year ago. Finally had it last week. Just started playing competitive sports again, too, and good news I won't have to stop for surgery or anything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow--can't believe the hate for KI in here. I will agree the controls are bad in the on-foot portions but I thought the rest of the game made up for it.

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit. Interview with some meathead named Scott Parker from the Avalanche generating controversy. Another one from the "dumb guy says something dumb" pile.

frozen_inside031907.jpg

"[Steve Moore] always thought he was better than everybody else. He went to Harvard, you know what, blow me. College grad. I never went to college, but I can kick your ass. I'll bring you right down to my IQ level if you want. I'll hit you about four times in the skull, that'll bring you right down."

Wow. Catch more here:
http://thepensblog.com/tpb/july2012...ng-that-is-wrong-with-hockey-and-society.html

Plinko

Holy shit. Interview with some meathead named Scott Parker from the Avalanche generating controversy. Another one from the "dumb guy says something dumb" pile.

frozen_inside031907.jpg

"[Steve Moore] always thought he was better than everybody else. He went to Harvard, you know what, blow me. College grad. I never went to college, but I can kick your ass. I'll bring you right down to my IQ level if you want. I'll hit you about four times in the skull, that'll bring you right down."

Wow. Catch more here:
http://thepensblog.com/tpb/july2012...ng-that-is-wrong-with-hockey-and-society.html

What an idiot. Way to make the NHL look bad.

frozen_inside031907.jpg

Wow. Catch more here:
Parker was always a meat head, we called him 'The Sheriff' because all he could and would do was fight. Really not surprised by his comments, we let him go for a reason.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Breaking: Shea Weber agrees to offer sheet with Philadelphia. 14 years, upwards of $100 mil. Preds have 7 days to match. Wow!!

Holy fucking shit

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
SHIT'S GOING DOWN FINALLY SOMETHING HAPPENING also wtf. Someone get sef in here and make sure he's okay.

Ducks-GAF finally not most-screwed-over team of the offseason anymore.

Breaking: Shea Weber agrees to offer sheet with Philadelphia. 14 years, upwards of $100 mil. Preds have 7 days to match. Wow!!

WTF

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG I am so excited right now. This is the best thing ever. I love Homer so much right now. I just pray the Preds dont match it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just to make sure, that's a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd in 2013 and a 1st in 2014 if Nashville doesn't match, right?

That's four first rounders. Four.

For an offer sheet longer than five years you divide the total money by five for compensation.

Shea Weber will be 40 by the time the contract is up.

Top Bottom