• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
Then the problem is the fact that there are dangerous neighbourhoods in the first place. Buying a gun might make you personally feel save, but it just escalates the problem. Why treat the symptom when you should be treating the disease.

The law is the problem here. Without guns, don't you think that neighbourhood would be safer?
Hell no. You'll just get robbed by ninjas and samurai.

Okay so if someone intends on harming me and breaks into my home I shouldn't have the right to protect myself? How is that inviting trouble onto yourself? Hopefully that never happens but it can happen and does. The laws won't stop people from obtaining weapons.
Get a knife like the one I have and you won't have to worry about it.

Shea Weber doesn't need guns. He prefers face smashing.

I was thinking once they brought up that Detroit was in talks with Nashville or one of the teams that wanted him what it would be like with Z and Weber together in the locker-room.

Weber: So uh, sorry about that whole head smashed into the glass thing, you see I just the saw the Avengers and well the adrenaline and everything made me feel like the Hulk.

Z: The Avengers didn't come out until a month after that game

Weber: Oh... So I heard you guys are called the retirement home of the NHL...

/yeah that was bad but all I could think of right now. :/

iLLmAtlc

What I most like about this one is there is a hard deadline and we will know by next Wednesday what will happen. A lot better than the other stuff that drags on forever. For example a few years ago when the Kovalchuk thing dragged on and on I would have seriously cancelled any commitments to watch the live special on TV to see where he'd go if he had one. >_>

Cactus

Banned
Which of his last 2 seasons was the anomaly? Burke says last one - I'd say the 30 goal one.

Probably both. I see him as a 20/20 guy, but his strong defensive play is what really makes him valuable. Either way, this is how I see the team right now:

Lupul - ? - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - ?
? - McClement - Kulemin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown
Orr

MacArthur/Bozak/Connolly/Lombardi will either fill a ? or be traded. Colborne and Kadri will be competing for spots as well, and my guess is that Kadri will probably earn one while Colborne spends some time with the Marlies.

Marvie_3

Banned
I was thinking once they brought up that Detroit was in talks with Nashville or one of the teams that wanted him what it would be like with Z and Weber together in the locker-room.

Weber: So uh, sorry about that whole head smashed into the glass thing, you see I just the saw the Avengers and well the adrenaline and everything made me feel like the Hulk.

Z: The Avengers didn't come out until a month after that game

Weber: Oh... So I heard you guys are called the retirement home of the NHL...

/yeah that was bad but all I could think of right now. :/
With humor like that you could write
steal
jokes for Dane Cook.

Socreges

Banned
Our system definitely needs to be more strict to prevent psychopaths from buying guns.
By far the most common way that federal inmates acquired guns was through friends and family members. Another common way was through theft/burglary.

I'd guess that many more 'responsible' gun owners indirectly lead to gun violence than deter it.

(mine own two cents)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, we all should probably take it over to the gun thread that just popped up.

So any bets on what Nashville is going to do with this offer sheet deal? I say they match it however Weber will be traded within the next 2 years or so once he is allowed to be traded again.

Why would they give him $27 million for one+ year and then trade him? Makes no sense.

Picked up Wellman for a bag of pucks? The way Tallon is talking about him, he sounds like our 2C. Our starting now looks like:

Flash-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Wellman-Mueller
Bergenheim-Goc-Upshall
Skille-Kopecky-Matthias
Parros, Howden,Smithson

Campbell-Kuba
Kulikov-Gudbranson
Weaver-Jovo
Ellerby, Strachan (1 way contract)

Doesn't add up still. Looks like another trade will happen. Loungo maybe a package like:

Clemmensen/Theodore + Kopecky/Upshall + Shore

for

Loungo + 3rd rounder.

Razorskin

----- ------
D92TR.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm not their accountant.

With all of your "inside information" and guarantee that Phoenix was moving this offseason I figured you had the knowledge of all things NHL.

Socreges

Banned
With all of your "inside information" and guarantee that Phoenix was moving this offseason I figured you had the knowledge of all things NHL.
Pretty sure Marvie DOES have a source inside the Phoenix organization. He somehow knew that the Coyotes would move to Winnipeg a year ago, and that Doan would retire before playing anywhere outside of Arizona. Say what you will, but Marvie's always one step ahead of the curve. Doesn't matter that the curve then goes in another direction.

Marvie_3

Banned
Pretty sure Marvie DOES have a source inside the Phoenix organization. He somehow knew that the Coyotes would move to Winnipeg a year ago, and that Doan would retire before playing anywhere outside of Arizona. Say what you will, but Marvie's always one step ahead of the curve. Doesn't matter that the curve then goes in another direction.
Um, go fuck yourself?

Had Glendale not stepped up with cash again at the last minute for the 2nd year in a row, they would have moved to Winnipeg.

Doan changed his mind and decided to chase cash. How the fuck does this have anything to do with me?

Keep being a fucking cunt though. It's cute.

Well when Soc's not getting banned himself, he is causing others to rage and get themselves banned. Better start up the free Marvie campaign again or something.

Well when Soc's not getting banned himself, he is causing others to rage and get themselves banned. Better start up the free Marvie campaign again or something.

I was just about to say this is the first time I think I've ever seen Soc actually bait someone into a ban. People don't normally get banned over his comments.

Top Bottom