• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
NHL: duh
Premier League: Liverpool
Tennis: Federer
International: Switzerland (hence, Federer. Also 'cause he's awesome.)

that's.. pretty much it. I don't even follow MLS/CFL, despite the local teams. just not the same as Premier League, and Football sucks in general. (Rugby >>>> Football)

Socreges

Banned
Only really started cheering for Tottenham over the last few seasons. Modric is a big reason why. Before that I always enjoyed the EPL, but never really favoured a team.

In the past decade, regular-season football telecasts have evolved into major productions that can cost between $150,000 and $250,000. Networks say they have anywhere from 80 to 200 people on hand per game with dozens of cameras. (NBC says its broadcasts require seven production trucks.) Producers say all this technology has made it easier to show shots of wacky fans, demonstrative coaches on the sidelines and video segments prepared before the game.

The result is that broadcasters have so many options that they have to spend a lot more time planning what to show—and what not to. Lance Barrow, CBS's lead football-game producer, says his crew meets for several hours with players and coaches from the home and road teams in the two days before kickoff just to prepare material to present during dead time. In August, Bill Brown, a senior football producer for Fox, says he met with about 100 colleagues at a conference center in New York to prepare the network's game plan for the season.
Wow. This is what I was referring to earlier, except I never knew about it to this level of detail.

lupinko

MLB: Yankees
NBA: Lakers
NHL: Leafs
NFL: 49ers
Tennis: Roddick lolololol
International Futbol: Brasil
International Hockey: Canada
MMA: Jon Bones Jones

Socreges

Banned
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Lakers
NHL: Leafs
NFL: 49ers
Tennis: Roddick lolololol

International Futbol: Brasil
International Hockey: Canada
MMA: Jon Bones Jones
what-the-fuck-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-74.gif

Tabris

Oh yeah,

MMA:
Heavyweight: Fedor Emeleianko
Light Heavyweight: Lyoto Machida
Middleweight: Anderson Silva
Welterweight: George St.Pierre
Lightweight: Clay Guida
Featherweight: Kenny Florian

Golf: Anyone not Tiger Woods. I would say Rory McIlroy or Anthony Kim
EPL: Manchester United (my friend is a huge ManU fan, I'm not a huge fan of the EPL but I pay attention to it)

Only sports I don't follow currently are Cricket, Nascar, F1, College Basketball (I will follow March Madness), and Boxing.

Heretic

Futbol: Galaxy
NHL: Ducks
MLB: Angels
NFL: Cowboys, I guess
Tennis: Nadal, Roddick, Isner
International Futbol: USA
International Hockey: USA

Futbol: Liverpool FC and Toronto FC
NHL: Leafs and Capitals
MLB: Jays and Mariners (lol)
NFL: Bengals
NBA: Bobcats
Tennis: Federer and Tsonga
International Futbol: Norway
International Hockey: Canada/Russia
Wrestling: Sin Cara :)

a0KDs.png

Smiley90

Might as well submit my pro teams since everyone else is doing it...

NHL: Vancouver Canucks
NFL: New England Patriots
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: Boston Red Sox / Philadelphia Phillies
Golf: Tiger Woods / Rory McIlroy
Tennis: Roger Federer / Novak Djokovic
CFL: BC Lions
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps
Real American Twitter Hero: Mike Modano

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hate all of you who have other sports.
Hockey already causes so much stress in my life, I couldn't imagine spreading that across another 3-4 sports.

ESPN said Habs have the 3rd best prospect pool, and had one of the best drafts in the past decade this year. Too bad they don't know much about hockey.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Raiders fans have this figured out. Those games are wild, bad things happen. The team and the fans are terrible.

They sure are ruthless.

As for teams...

NHL : Flyers
NFL : Broncos
MLB : Astros

I was a strange child growing up. I still am kinda strange.

Smiley90

-looks at avatar- wat.

iLLmAtlc

Oh neat I'm always down to share my team allegiances.

NHL: Canucks
MLB: Blue Jays

NFL: none, but I love watching it. Sunday Night Football is one of my favourite ways to pass the time.

I also love watching the BC Lions but I haven't caught as many games as I had liked this summer due to the timing. I wish the crowd would start a BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE chant.

NBA: none though I do enjoy watching the playoffs after the Canucks are eliminated. For every year that I remember except 1 I'm watching by May something at the latest. >_>

MMA: I don't really have too many favourite fighters right now, I'm more of an older school kinda guy. Only active guy I like a lot is Shogun really. Some of my favourite guys of all time are Fedor, Chuck, Tito and Shogun. I'll cheer for GSP too of course because of the Canadian thing but I can't say he's one of my favourites. In fact I was actually leaning towards cheering for Nick Diaz in that fight because I really love his fighting style. >____>

Ugh, Cold-Steel's list is god awful. NE Patriots? (i.e. Cheatriots), Red Sox? Lakers? Blackhawks player avatar?

Brady is just that handsome of a man.

Nothing wrong with liking a team that went through a huge drought to finally win it all *cough*

Kobe is the best player in the NBA period.

Toews is a force to be reckoned with.

C'mon now.

NHL: Anaheim Ducks
NRL: Brisbane Broncos
AFL: Brisbane Lions
A-League (Soccer): Brisbane Roar
Rugby: QLD Reds
20/20 Cricket: Brisbane Heat
Cat vs Rubber Band: The Rubber Band

NHL: Flyers.
CHL: Mooseheads.
MLB: Phillies, though admittedly Orioles and Nat's games are fun in person.
Minor Leauge: Bowie Baysox.
NFL: Eagles. Tried to stop for a bit after Vickgate--attempted the Ravens since I went to school with Flacco and I live next to Baltimore now, kinda tried the Redskins w/ McNabb but...felt dirty. Can't do it.
NCAA Football: Navy.
NBA: Bleh. 76ers out of loyalty I guess, but I really don't care about the league.
NCAA Basketball: Maryland
International/Olympic: USA.

On an unrelated note,

I am getting stupidly excited for NHL13's ConnectedGM mode. Also the return of fantasy hockey.

Also also, GW2 is going to require some NHLgaf grouping, smiley.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NFL: Detroit Lions

That's all that matters.

I can't watch baseball at all and the NBA is terrible until playoff time.

As for you guys bashing football, NFL RedZone takes care of the waiting game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NFL: Cleveland Browns

Come in my shame circle.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs
NBA: Toronto Raptors
NFL: Cleveland Browns

Come in my shame circle.

Wow.

Hey, I've been a Lions fan since I was little so I know that feeling.

FOOTE

NHL -Blues (partial season tickets -too many games for a full season)
MLB- Cardinals (partial season tickets- waaay too many games for full)
NFL- Rams (season ticket holder) (if they move in a few seasons it will be either the Chiefs, Broncos or Dolphins and one trip per year)
EPL- Chelsea (one day I get to a game again, was a kid the last time I went)

Nothing for MLS (I'm bitter). I catch parts of games when they are on though.

My list is ordered from most to least important to me . Blues and Cardinals importance is really multiplied triple fold though, and the Blues over the Cards by a good margin too.

Entropia

No One Remembers
NHL: Hurricanes

I don't really follow/pay attention to other leagues/sports enough to say I have an allegiance to any particular team.

I want to get into the CFL but I'm in a Canadian city that surprisingly doesn't have a CFL team. If there was a CFL team here I'd get season tickets in a heartbeat.

Solo

NHL: Montreal Canadiens

That's it. I watch NFL and MLB too, but just more for general entertainment than for rooting for a team. I LOVES me some NFL/MLB playoffs, regardless of the teams.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
NHL - Preds
EPL - Spurs
NFL - Titans
MLB - Astros
NCAA - Vanderbilt

it hurts to type it out like that. so much losing

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
NBA: offseason is bestseason
MLB: lol

(People still appreciate the Expos here in Montreal, I've noticed, but I also get the sense that the city would never get a team again even if MLB was desperate. If Coyotes fans want to know how bad it could really get, look no further than the 95-04 Expos...)

OnPoint

NHL: Sabres
NFL: Bills
NBA: No
MLB: No
WNBA: lol

I think not having NBA and MLB teams in Buffalo hurts my desire to follow those sports, but I also find them pretty boring to watch anyway.

NHL: Sens

Don't follow the other leagues at all :lol

I watch the Super Bowl and World Cup/Euro Championship but that's about it.

Oh yeah the Olympics will be on soon !

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Glad to finally see someone list a CFL team.

NHL: Montreal Canadiens
CFL: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Formula One: Alonso

Really only care about the Flyers. I worked in a sports store all through highschool though so I HAD to have a working knowledge of other sports. I watch pretty much any NFL because I love fantasy football. If I HAD to pick a team it would probably be the Giants because I went to those games as a kid. I've learned a bunch about baseball from my grandpa who is a huge yankees fan so I can watch that too.

In general though I just enjoy sitting and watching any sport (except NBA regular season), but the Flyers are the only team that causes ulcers for me.

O forgot College...

Football: My stepdad went to PSU so I'll keep on cheering for them regardless of the recent shit.

Basketball: Georgetown

Hockey (though I don't watch nearly enough): North Dakota. My biological dad played on their equivalent of the "jv" team there for one year before busting his knee.

Baseball... Yeah no.

Top Bottom