• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
Source is now telling me that Del Zotto was not, in fact, ever part of the trade. "del zotto" translates to "of the fleecing" in Italian.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
You never get good value trading a star, especially when he's demanded a trade. So I think it's an alright return considering.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Probably the best Howson was going to get with the way he played this out. It's not a bad rack in but it would never look good unless he fleeced some guys cause he's trading a start player.

It depends on the 4th piece, Dubinsky sucked last year, Erixon hasn't been that good and the 1st is likely to be a late pick.

Agreed. Anisimov and Dubinsky are quality guys but they're 3rd liners. Erixon has potential but who knows, and a pick is a pick.

And the Rangers get a top line scorer who is only 28. How exactly did the Rangers give up too much? You guys are crazy.

sather_g0301.jpg

sather_g0301.jpg

sather_g0301.jpg

sather_g0301.jpg

sather_g0301.jpg

iLLmAtlc

Erixon refused to sign in Calgary but is going to be roses about a move to Columbus? I kinda doubt it. Didn't Howson learn from the Carter ordeal?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Shocked Howson turned down Franzen/Filppula/Nyquist for this. Guess he really didn't want to trade in division.

Socreges

Banned
New York was filled with dmen so Erixon was expendable, the 1st round pick will probably be mid-20s, Dubinsky had a poor season immediately after signing his contract, and Anisimov... is Russian.

New York has done well here. CBJ got a bunch of uncertainties.

dem

Did anyone really think the jackets were going to do better than that? He demanded a trade and he has an enormous contract.

Howson played this about as well as his mentor, Kevin Lowe.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did anyone really think the jackets were going to do better than that? He demanded a trade and he has an enormous contract.

They had a better trade offer from Detroit.

General consensus by NHL-GAF is that Howson got fleeced?

I've never heard of any the players we're getting in return. Granted, I just started following the NHL back in January. Oh well, at least we got Bob and his wonderful dance moves :-\

Howson must believe that Cam Atkinson is going to step up in Nash's shoes.

ShaneB

Just now seeing the news about Nash and the Rangers finally closing a deal. Thank god, please end this and let us all move on!

calder

I'm not sure how, but this trade reads as bad for both teams to me. I need to read up on the rangers guys more maybe, but I just assumed a deal would involve Stepan for the jackets to move on it

Socreges

Banned
General consensus by NHL-GAF is that Howson got fleeced?
I wouldn't say that. Nash is still a great player, but his best years are probably behind him (though he'll do very well with Richards) and he still comes at a monster cap hit. Problem is that Howsen took all risky pieces in return. So it could turn out to be pretty disastrous... or pretty good.

Top Bottom