• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Revenant

NHL: blackhawks
NFL: bears
NCAA: Purdue
MLS: Fire as in I went to a game last summer and I got free beer.
XFL: Chicago enforcer's
Slamball: Chicago Mob
Running Man: sub zero

Cactus

Banned
I pretty much only follow the Leafs. I mean, I would be happy if the Jays win a title, but the amount of time I devote to baseball is negligible compared to the time I devote to hockey.

Curufinwe

I was a Blackburn Rovers fan for many years because of Ryan Nelsen, but then he left for Spurs and now QPR, and they got relegated thanks to terrible management and coaching.

Hopefully this wasn't posted before (I skimmed the last few pages) but Canada and Russia juniors are going to do a 4 game mini-series commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Summit Series. There are some pretty good young stars on both sides.

It also may be the last time we see some quality hockey for months.

Thursday, August 9 Time TBD Canada vs. Russia Yaroslavl, Russia
Friday, August 10 Time TBD Canada vs. Russia Yaroslavl, Russia
Monday, August 13 8 p.m. AT/7 p.m. ET Russia vs. Canada Halifax, N.S.
Tuesday, August 14 8 p.m. AT/7 p.m. ET Russia vs. Canada Halifax, N.S.

Canada's roster :

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.ph...profile_id/195584/team_id/82555/ss_id/190000/

Russia's roster :

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.ph...profile_id/195585/team_id/82557/ss_id/190000/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck Yea Nash sweepstakes over

tt4wO.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
FUCKING FINALLY.

If they gave up Del Zotto I will rofl SO hard. Curious to see though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Del Zotta is the biggest name in the deal then I am OK with this.

Del Zotto & 1st would be an overpayment IMHO. That age, that potential, that contract...

EDIT: if it's Dubinsky, Erixon, DZ and a 1st, it's a RIDICULOUS overpayment.

I'm hearing that Del Zotto is the big piece, but overall this is a very significant package. CBJ has gotten a very good return.

PS. BigBagMan!

Yes I am! Wow that takes me back. And now I have to awkwardly ask who you are... :eek:

I just heard it's Dubinsky, Erixson and a draft pick, but maybe not Del Zotto... ah this is killing me.

fallout

If this pans out the way it's being speculated, Howson did a pretty good job. A spectacular job, even ... considering how much he was supposedly pissing everyone else off.

EDIT: NM, I thought maybe they were getting Stepan or Del Zotto.

Top Bottom