• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Ottawa's package sounded a lot better then this one, good thing for you guys Nash want's nothing to do with Ottawa.

I can't imagine any intelligent Sens fan wanting anything to do with Nash, so the feeling is mutual, in my case anyway.
I'd be OK with giving up crap for Nash but any of our best prospects.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That wait was SO not worth it. Luongo trade wi end up being similarly disappointing -.-

Socreges

Banned
I'm sure Howsen was under pressure to get NHL-ready players, even if that meant Dubinsky and Anisimov. If the organization could have afforded to go for prospects and picks in return, they probably could have done a lot better -- but would have suffered the implications of a rebuild trade.

I'm sure Howsen was under pressure to get NHL-ready players, even if that meant Dubinsky and Anisimov. If the organization could have afforded to go for prospects and picks in return, they probably could have done a lot better -- but would have suffered the implications of a rebuild trade.

Like what? Continuing to lose money?

They should have gone for a bag of prospects and picks.

Looking at that deal after what they supposedly demanded from Philly is insane. Didn't want him in Philly at all, but the demands are pretty weird.

So..... can we go back to waiting for Weber now?

General consensus by NHL-GAF is that Howson got fleeced?

I've never heard of any the players we're getting in return. Granted, I just started following the NHL back in January. Oh well, at least we got Bob and his wonderful dance moves :-

Howson must believe that Cam Atkinson is going to step up in Nash's shoes.

I'm not gonna lie to you - you got fleeced.

BUT you will love arty and dubi. All heart and soul players. Dubi is a 20 goal scorer and did it 2 times when the rangers sucked. Arty has alot of skill. Erixon will be great.

Dang if Columbus was not in Detroit's division that Filpulla, Franzen, Nyquist deal would have went through probably if this is the return they got. But dang it Howson a horrible GM.

Dubinsky on hearing he is going to Columbus:

Dubinsky%20Gatorade.gif

Socreges

Banned
Like what? Continuing to lose money?
Seriously? We know that CBJ management took on a 'win now' mentality last offseason and made that clear to players and fans. To one year later back away from that would be even more disastrous. They could end up with disgruntled players, more fans leaving, and even fewer FAs willing to sign with them. Right now it's pretty clear that the organization is just trying to push forward and at least pretend that they can be competitive.

KingHenrik30 said:
I'm not gonna lie to you - you got fleeced.

BUT you will love arty and dubi. All heart and soul players. Dubi is a 20 goal scorer and did it 2 times when the rangers sucked. Arty has alot of skill. Erixon will be great.
If this is all true (I think you're making a few assumptions), then there's no way CBJ got fleeced.

Seriously? We know that CBJ management took on a 'win now' mentality last offseason and made that clear to players and fans. To one year later back away from that would be even more disastrous. They could end up with disgruntled players, more fans leaving, and even fewer FAs willing to sign with them. Right now it's pretty clear that the organization is just trying to push forward and at least pretend that they can be competitive.

So you're advocating taking on the Calgary Flames mentality? You don't always get to choose when you have to rebuild.

Revenant

If this is all true (I think you're making a few assumptions), then there's no way CBJ got fleeced.

Columbus fans and top FAs are going to have to be pretty dumb to fall for that..

So the final deal is:

To Ranger: Nash, random AHL'er, and a 3rd
To Columbus: Dubinsky, Anisimov, 1st, and Erixon.

Idk, only time will tell if Columbus got a decent deal or is fleeced.

Socreges

Banned
So you're advocating taking on the Calgary Flames mentality? You don't always get to choose when you have to rebuild.
Please read more carefully. My post was explaining why Howsen was under pressure to get NHL-ready players. There was no advocacy.

Columbus fans are going to have to be pretty dumb to fall for that..
I think they fell for it last offseason. Hell, a lot of people thought CBJ would compete for a playoff spot. But we're seeing the reality now. CBJ just doesn't want to face it.

RC

Banned
So the final deal is:

To Ranger: Nash, random AHL'er, and a 3rd
To Columbus: Dubinsky, Anisimov, 1st, and Erixon.

Idk, only time will tell if Columbus got a decent deal or is fleeced.

As of now. They got fleeced.
See kids, this is what holding out gets you.

You're right. I was thinking of it more in the sense of everybody was expecting stepan, kreider, ect for Nash and in the end it was players who had down years and a prospect. These are good players, but none are going to be stars or anything(edit: with the exception of Erixon who could really be something). Erixon hurts the most to give up for sure.

pringles

Wow, Howson was really childish enough to take that deal instead of Detroit's?

Not that I'm mad, we would have been overpaying, but that is Fantasy Hockey levels of GMing.

Revenant

I think they fell for it last offseason. Hell, a lot of people thought CBJ would compete for a playoff spot. But we're seeing the reality now. CBJ just doesn't want to face it.

Can't deny cbj had some buzz at the start but once it fell off the rails it showed that Columbus wasn't a few pieces away from the playoffs. Shame cbj is taking this approach. Howson isn't a good enough GM to expedite the process of becoming a contender and none of what they've added through these trades has really made them any better. Bob might if he fulfills his potential but past that its basically the "new old blue jackets"

Rather than get some youth for your fans to hope on you've given them a team full of mediocrity. What hope do you have as a cbj fan.

Socreges

Banned
Wow, Howson was really childish enough to take that deal instead of Detroit's?

Not that I'm mad, we would have been overpaying, but that is Fantasy Hockey levels of GMing.
It isn't Howsen's fault that Detroit is having a poor offseason. For one, I don't think Franzen/Filppula/Nyquist is much better than Dubinsky/Anisimov/Erixon/1st. Franzen is signed for another ~8 years and Filppula is an UFA after this season.

And trading your franchise player within the division is just something you don't do.

If we're just comparing the Detroit offer to the NY one, he made the right move.

Top Bottom