• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
uhhhhh so apparently Canes are suppose to announce signing Semin to a 1 year deal soon?

SovSport report that #Canes will announce the signing of Semin within the next hour. Believed to be a 1y deal with higher $ than last year.

Screw you Holland on trying to pursue Doan and not going after Semin, and now there are reports Doan isn't really considering Detroit. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iLLmAtlc

1 year at 7 is pretty good as long as you don't have any pressing needs on cap space IMO. the knock on him is he's too risky so if it doesn't work out he's gone in a year anyhow.

I kinda wish MG would have offered him that deal.

Entropia

No One Remembers
1 year at 7 is pretty good as long as you don't have any pressing needs on cap space IMO. the knock on him is he's too risky so if it doesn't work out he's gone in a year anyhow.

I kinda wish MG would have offered him that deal.

I think we were barely hitting the floor so 1 year at 7 million is nothing. If it doesn't work out then it isn't a huge bust for us.

I think Semin being away from Ovi will be a good thing.

Socreges

Banned
Ugh, dang it.

Screw you Holland on trying to pursue Doan and not going after Semin, and now there are reports Doan isn't really considering Detroit. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddam now I'm more in favor of a Lou trade.
nicholsonnod.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Screw you too for taking Marvie's gif!!

I'm about to be the only one on here who wants a full lockout so I don't have to watch Detroit completely fall apart this season.
This is going to be the first year that I can remember where I will expect Detroit to lose every game this season and be surprised when they win. They are gonna get smoked because they won't be able to score. Unless Franzen can stay consistent and put up 40 this year, Z gets back to a 30 goal pace, Sammy, Flip, Pavel, and Cleary/Bertuzzi all hit at least 20, this team will have their lowest goals per game in years.

Revenant

This is going to be the first year that I can remember where I will expect Detroit to lose every game this season and be surprised when they win. They are gonna get smoked because they won't be able to score. Unless Franzen can stay consistent and put up 40 this year, Z gets back to a 30 goal pace, Sammy, Flip, Pavel, and Cleary/Bertuzzi all hit at least 20, this team will have their lowest goals per game in years.

nicholsonnod.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
Semin in Carolina, this could either be awesome or horrible. I kinda wish we gave him a two or three year contract as opposed to one.

He's a bit of a gamble considering his supposed venomous attitude in the locker room. If he meshes well then I don't see why we wouldn't offer him an extension.

He's a bit of a gamble considering his supposed venomous attitude in the locker room. If he meshes well then I don't see why we wouldn't offer him an extension.

I just don't see him sticking around after this year, even more so if he has a good year. Though I am excited to see what happens for better or worse.

Red_Man

Semin - E. Staal - Skinner will be pretty deadly. Hopefully there's no lockout, I'm suppose to see the Habs play Canes on new years, it'll be awesome to see both Staals and Semin playing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Semin - E. Staal - Skinner will be pretty deadly. Hopefully there's no lockout, I'm suppose to see the Habs play Canes on new years, it'll be awesome to see both Staals and Semin playing.

I thought they were gonna do Semin-Staal-Staal?

The best thing I can say about the hawks season is most everyone in the division got worse.

Yep, I still think it will end up:

St. Louis
Detroit/Chicago (depends on which one wants to suck less than the other)
Nashville (they have taken the worst hit I think even though they still have Weber)
Columbus

As I have said before, our overall goaltending is much better, we are a lot deeper at forward as well. The problem is that the D is significantly worse, and our top 6 is also very fragile and I believe slightly worse unless what you mentioned happens which I doubt it or Brunner somehow can put up better numbers than what Hudler did last year which is a stretch but a possibility.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

*Beginning of free agency period*

Me: Can't wait so people can see how overrated Holland is as a GM. He's done nothing in the salary cap era.

Wings-GAF: What? He's good. You're crazy, Plinko. Laugh. Laugh. Laugh.

*Now*

Me: *Smug look on face*

Wings-GAF: *cry*

Me: *Cry*

Red_Man

Tim Thomas said:
I stand with Chick-fil-A.

Chick-fil-A is privately owned by the Cathy family. The company president, Dan Cathy, drew the wrath of gay rights advocates and supporters when he made recent statements that some have alleged are anti-gay.

Cathy told Baptist Press that the company was unapologetically in favor of traditional marriage.

“Guilty as charged,” he said. “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

In a separate interview on the Ken Coleman Show — Cathy suggested that the nation could face God’s wrath over the redefinition of marriage.

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” Cathy said. “I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”

Tim Thomas continues to prove what a tool, and ignorant idiot he is.

*Beginning of free agency period*

Me: Can't wait so people can see how overrated Holland is as a GM. He's done nothing in the salary cap era.

Wings-GAF: What? He's good. You're crazy, Plinko. Laugh. Laugh. Laugh.

*Now*

Me: *Smug look on face*

Wings-GAF: *cry*

Me: *Cry*

I hate you so much right now.

cube444

So now the Canes have two figure skaters.

I thought Shero was going to get Semin for $4 million a season? No wait, wasn't he supposed to get Parise?

Red_Man

Luongo said:
Hey guys remember 2y ago in the Stanley Cup Final when people thought I was the crazy goalie?Well I still might be, but NOT the craziest one
:lol :lol

Does the AHL Play in the event of a lock out??? I imagine since most are on contract via the NHLPA they wouldn't.

There's also the CHL leagues though.

Oh shit. I just thought you were referring to the Canadian Hockey League for a second there... Would be funny to see Andy Sutton wearing an Owen Sound Attack jersey and trying to headshot little kids.

I feel like you may be overstating things a smidge.

Not by much, considering our depth last year sucked pretty badly, our bottom 6 is much better this year with no Holmstrom (yeah that is an assumption, I doubt he is back), hopefully a healthy Eaves and Helm, Emmerton sitting mostly, the addition of Tootoo as a physical player that we need and Brunner and Sammy as good depth additions.

Like I said our top 6 is going to hurt and a bag of pucks is a better backup than Conklin. Monster has shown flashes of being a really good goalie, I just think the pressure in Toronto with the role he had was too much. So maybe a little overstatement but I do believe our depth bottom 6 and goaltending are much better than last years. But as stated, our top 6 and defense is a huge question mark.

Deeper in mediocrity is still deeper!

I hope you are ready for the battle of 8th place this year between you and us!

Top Bottom