• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nope, that's actually him, make's it even better :lol

The strombone account is like... 95% guaranteed it's him. The only thing missing is official admission, really. Canucks players followed the account extremely early on and there's more signs too :p it's hilarious.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The strombone account is like... 95% guaranteed it's him. The only thing missing is official admission, really. Canucks players followed the account extremely early on and there's more signs too :p it's hilarious.
It's definitely him, Duthie and other's have talked to him, and he tweets with Beiska and Kesler. Best part is he shoots down all the "insiders" on twitter when they say they know where he's going and such.

Believe me, I wish it would have turned out differently.

I still think Holland will make one more move as he has stated he is not done yet, but to what extent I don't know. What I do know is that we still have way too many forwards and I could see a trade involving them for something down the road. My guess would possible be Emmerton or Kindl that could be packaged for something, even maybe Eaves as trade bait as well, but I would rather keep him if he is actually healthy this year.

Smiley90

It's definitely him, Duthie and other's have talked to him, and he tweets with Beiska and Kesler. Best part is he shoots down all the "insiders" on twitter when they say they know where he's going and such.

I know, okay maybe 99%! :p just saying, it's all but confirmed by himself, and him not publicly saying it's him is part of the fun.

Blinding

I thought they were gonna do Semin-Staal-Staal?

Looks like it's going to be Ruutu (or Jokinen) - Staal12 - Semin as the top line. Muller is going to give the Staal brothers a shot at playing on the same line, but the Canes have no one as good as Jordan to fill that 2nd line center role, so yeah.

Looks like it's going to be Ruutu (or Jokinen) - Staal12 - Semin as the top line. Muller is going to give the Staal brothers a shot at playing on the same line, but the Canes have no one as good as Jordan to fill that 2nd line center role, so yeah.

I believe it will be
Ruutu - Staal12 - Semin
Jokinen - Staal11 - Skinner

BUT... I also think we'll see both Staals on the ice with Skinner during PPs.

Has anyone realized that we could have a Semin squeezed between two Staals?

Timmah said:
We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriag. I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we would have the audacity to try to redefine what marriage is all about.”
Oh man...

What a massive piece of shit.

What could he possibly pull next? If you can play, you CAN'T play. ಠ_ಠ
:lol

Smiley90

Oh man...

What a massive piece of shit.

:lol

Yeah fuck the last two generations that took away our slaves and that woman who had the AUDACITY to take a bite off that apple. Should've just shut up.

Can we just all ignore him, his career's over anyway, I don't know how any team could take him back after that.

Yeah fuck the last two generations that took away our slaves and that woman who had the AUDACITY to take a bite off that apple. Should've just shut up.

Can we just all ignore him, his career's over anyway, I don't know how any team could take him back after that.
I love how he comes out with this shit, right after his captain and team made PSAs for You Can Play, and the mayor of Boston came out and publicly told Chick-Fil-A to stay the fuck away from his city.

I won't be surprised if the Bruins start quietly erasing Thomas from the organization.

Smiley90

I love how he comes out with this shit, right after his captain and team made PSAs for You Can Play, and the mayor of Boston came out and publicly told Chick-Fil-A to stay the fuck away from his city.

I won't be surprised if the Bruins start quietly erasing Thomas from the organization.

Bigots are one of the things that make me the most angry. I'll just be quiet before I end up like Marvie.

Red_Man

Curious if Burke would ever take him after these comments. It wasn't until the white house fiasco that I realized Thomas was apparently not very well liked in the locker room, and it's easy to see why. You think he would stfu already after everything else that's happened whenever he opens his mouth.

Curious if Burke would ever take him after these comments. It wasn't until the white house fiasco that I realized Thomas was apparently not very well liked in the locker room, and it's easy to see why. You think he would stfu already after everything else that's happened whenever he opens his mouth.
Burke wouldn't go near Thomas.

Smiley90

Burke wouldn't go near Thomas.

His fists might. Or should.

I kinda wish the NHL could discipline stuff like that and make You Can Play something official. If you wanna be a homophobe, be it by yourself, but if you wanna use your free speech rights to insult and discriminate, you have to live with the consequences of being unemployed.

I live in GA where people plaster shit like this on their cars or even hang it up on billboards. Why? They have a persecution complex like they are the last bastion of their crooked beliefs and must shout their bigotry for fear of being silenced. It's infuriating how boisterous these people are.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Screw it!! Bring on a full season lockout!!!!!!!

Again--I'm 100% positive the Prince Fielder contract is the reason for this. They have a ton of cap space left.

Hey--let's just bring back Holmstrom so I can put the bow on this wonderful offseason.

But the Winter Classic :'(

I'm more worried about HBO and if our season is a complete wreck how it will now be nationally broadcasted. "How the mighty have fallen" or some stupid cheesy headline for the series and what not, ugh I'm pissed off right now.

I would rather just have the two alumni games instead, I think I'm looking forward to those more than the actual game just to see all of those greats on the ice again playing together.

No one wants a Winter Classic where the biggest impact the game can have is who gets the higher draft pick.

Sadly this is probably true. :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In today's latest "This is a gigantic debacle" newsflash:

Phoenix Coyotes sale to Greg Jamison may be on thin ice

Greg Jamison’s bid to buy the Phoenix Coyotes and keep the team in Glendale faces yet another deadline Friday along with renewed concerns over whether his ownership group has the investors and money to buy the team from the National Hockey League.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly says the league isn’t worried about the state of Jamison’s bid.

Daly also dismissed speculation this week that Jamison now doesn’t have the money or financing to buy the team or that the NHL was looking at cutting the sale price or some kind of special financing to get the deal done.

But confidence in the deal is waning, even among some Coyotes boosters.

Several sources in Arizona familiar with the Coyotes machinations and supportive of Jamison’s bid are asking with concern why a deal hasn’t been finalized, where Jamison’s money is coming from and who his partners are.

Hanging over all of this is the fact that the $300 million Coyotes-friendly arena deal approved by the city of Glendale can’t be signed by Jamison until he buys the team.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/07/26/phoenix-coyotes-sale-to-greg-jamison.html

More at the link.

I love how Daly just brushes people off about the whole money thing.

Alucard

Banned
Canes got Semin for 7 million? Yeowch. Carolina will be interesting to watch.
In 2013/2014.

Looks like Doan is the one big fish left. Lots of action this week!

Smiley90

Doan will sign with someone NOT phoenix on Saturday or so. He's probably just waiting for that final/second deadline he set to be missed but has all the offers lines up and just needs to make a call.

Red_Man

Just remembered Thomas said he wants to be on the US team in Sochi :lol :lol good luck with that now asshole.

Smiley90

9LEv3.jpg

Looking good there!

EDIT: also just read this quote on reddit and fully agree with it:

At some point the Canadian national team absolutely needs to use a starting lineup of
Schenn-Staal-Staal
Schenn-Staal

Smiley90

Also, dat quality on 1 table:

557927_10151858577918797_1853291659_n.jpg

But :'( at Kesler's wrist. :(

EDIT: Another brother pair picture!

schenn-philly.jpg

Smiley90

I'll stop posting now, but I think I might have a new favourite Ex-Canuck (okay no, that'll be Naslund&Ohlund, but w/e)

y7kMK.png

Red_Man

Giroux said that Crosbys slashed his wrists at different faceoffs in the playoffs and it lead to a fracture and two surgeries apparently.

Top Bottom