• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

iLLmAtlc

I'd compare Doan's demands to the first NHL CBA proposal. He's asking for the moon and seeing if someone will blink.

If Doan is serious about going to a legit cup contender I'm pretty sure he is not getting this deal. Only team I see that might be desperate enough to do it is Detroit since they have a ton of cap space and has been shut down from all the top prizes so far.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd compare Doan's demands to the first NHL CBA proposal. He's asking for the moon and seeing if someone will blink.

If Doan is serious about going to a legit cup contender I'm pretty sure he is not getting this deal. Only team I see that might be desperate enough to do it is Detroit since they have a ton of cap space and has been shut down from all the top prizes so far.

Detroit is already supposedly saying his demands are way too much.

Appearances in the next Mighty Ducks movie.

In a true full circle Joshua Jackson will reprise his role as Charlie Conway when he is forced to coach youth hockey because he is busted for drug convictions while trying to self-medicate in order to get over the family problems coach Bombay caused when he ended it with his mother.

Fei

If the Sabres cap situation doesn't drastically change, the team will almost definitely make a Minnesota-esque pitch for both Getzlaf and Perry. But I'd be surprised in Anaheim doesn't get at least one signed before UFA.

iLLmAtlc

I'm scared to see how much Perry and Getzlaf are going to want. They're UFAs after this season...

I think it's strange we've heard no reports of any negotiations even. I always thought it was pretty common practice to try and lock up your stars when they have 1 year remaining on a deal that would take them to UFA.

If the Sabres cap situation doesn't drastically change, the team will almost definitely make a Minnesota-esque pitch for both Getzlaf and Perry. But I'd be surprised in Anaheim doesn't get at least one signed before UFA.

Well since neither have ties to the surrounding area I doubt it's a Minnesota type of pitch.

Heretic

I think it's strange we've heard no reports of any negotiations even. I always thought it was pretty common practice to try and lock up your stars when they have 1 year remaining on a deal that would take them to UFA.

Murray sent out an offer to both their agents. It just got lost in the whole Bobby Ryan fiasco. They better hurry and sign before the new CBA kicks in if they want to get a fat contract. Of course, this is assuming they want to stay in Anaheim. Getzlaf keeps saying he's always wanted to play for the team that drafted him so I don't see him leaving. Who knows about Perry though. I don't think there's ever been an interview where he talks about it.

Well just got back from stick and puck and unfortunately it was crowded. :/

But anyways it felt really weird the first 5 minutes and then everything started coming back to me. Overall it was a lot of fun and I need to do that more often now, plus my friend had a good time and he finally got to get on the ice and mess with a puck.

Any pointers on what to look for in skates and sticks? Didn't even know there was a rink 15 minutes from me.
For sticks, get one that measures to your shoulder. Also for casual use don't get composite sticks, the are nice and light and flex wonderfully for shots, they break very easily.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Acid08

Banned
In Detroit now, was a weird day here.

The flight attendant kept saying that we were going to Atlanta. "As we make our approach into Atlanta" "Rain in the Atlanta area today."

I think she was in denial.

The flight attendant kept saying that we were going to Atlanta. "As we make our approach into Atlanta" "Rain in the Atlanta area today."

Many consider Detroit the Atlanta of the North.

By many I mean this attendant.

Doan is a pure cock-nose. Pity the team that pays him 10m for Bozakian numbers.

Well you are alive after the first day so you get your I survived Detroit t-shirt now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dude the parking lot at the rental car place was totally flooded. The person handling my reservation was going off about some crazy storm I had missed by a few hours.

Fun fact, Bulletstorm is also a PC game.

CREMSteve

Remaining RFAs.... who would you take a shot at? Ignoring Welsh's obvious typo salary.

EANIe.png

Acid08

Banned
Met my cousin Tony today, turns out he's one of the team doctors for the Red Wings. Talked to him for about three hours, super cool guy.

Acid08

Banned
My dad asked my cousin about getting Winter Classic tickets and what happens? Dude calls Ken Holland and gets us four tickets.

FUCK A LOCKOUT

Socreges

Banned
My dad asked my cousin about getting Winter Classic tickets and what happens? Dude calls Ken Holland and gets us four tickets.

FUCK A LOCKOUT
FAMILY, fuck yeah

All the more reason to hope the season starts on time. We should put it to a vote here cuz I feel like some fans would actually prefer a lockout.

FUCK A LOCKOUT

2 for me, you are so kind.

Maybe my dad's business can get tickets since I think they have season tickets.

FAMILY, fuck yeah

All the more reason to hope the season starts on time. We should put it to a vote here cuz I feel like some fans would actually prefer a lockout.

Only because I don't want to watch the slow motion train wreck of a season we could have.

FAMILY, fuck yeah

As much as it would allow our prospects to grow, the Panthers need to keep the momentum from last year.

I also fully expect a "NHL-GAF" sign in winter classic

Top Bottom