• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

fallout

FUCK. MrLogue, the guy who uploaded the awesome Jay&Dan clips (e.g. Top10 etc) got shut down COMPLETELY by Bell claiming copyright on everything. Before it was just the MLB, now Bell claimed copyright on everything. Fuck that. Here's the responses from Jay&Dan themselves, who were fans of the guy:

https://twitter.com/tsnotoole/status/229657696255737856
https://twitter.com/JayOnrait/status/229661504314675201

SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW.
That's such bullshit. He's increasing their popularity. I fucking hate copyright holders, sometimes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's such bullshit. He's increasing their popularity. I fucking hate copyright holders, sometimes.

Yeah, it's like, watching this makes me like TSN MORE. It's not even like Bell is uploading the clips somewhere else and he's stealing them, no, this is the only way for me to watch it. Also, Jay&Dan actually LIKE the fact that he uploads the videos, why Bell why -.-

Quick

Banned
Shouldn't a sport also be exciting to be an Olympic Sport? I feel like that would exclude Baseball.

/stopthebaseballtalkinthisthreadplease

Almost as dead as a baseball game.

13mnH.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This thread has seemed dead today for some reason.

I could bring up the fact that Holland did a horrible job this offseason.

But I won't.

Hey, wait until we sign Colaiacovo! That'll turn things around!

Acid08

Banned

But I won't.

He did a pretty good job of getting me Winter Classic tickets. A successful Red Wings offseason!

CREMSteve

But I won't.

Holland has been in Kelowna playing golf. I believe he's headed back to Detroit today, so maybe he'll start working again now.

Acid08

Banned
You should wear a Brad Stuart Sharks jersey to the WC
I'm definitely planning on going decked out in Sharks gear. My cousin will be super stoked, I'm sure. He's gonna be down on the ice though so not sure if I'll get to see him but hopefully I do!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Holland has been in Kelowna playing golf. I believe he's headed back to Detroit today, so maybe he'll start working again now.

A deserved vacation after such a successful offseason.

All he has to do now is fax that contract to Holmstrom's agent.

A deserved vacation after such a successful offseason.

All he has to do now is fax that contract to Holmstrom's agent.

Most likely a non-reliable rumor but I guess Detroit has been inquiring about Yandle and has an offer out there at the moment and is the favorite to land him if he is traded. Take it for what it is worth I guess.

Tabris

That's apparently the rate Shane Doan expects and has been offered. Maybe we can get a bit of a discount, I doubt it. So you walk away for sure and let him go to another team at that rate?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

Bingo

A) Could we even free up that cap space pre Luongo?
B) We're not blowing up the salary structure of the team
C) Doan has to make the judgement call of playing for a top seed vs. taking the money.

If we wanted a forward with a contract going into his 40s I'm pretty sure we would have just thrown more junk at Columbus for Nash.

Damn, TSN has got to stop asking fans to vote for their stupid polls. First the Play of the Year had vote spamming to get some of the better plays knocked out so fans could see players from their favorite team win a meaningless title.

Take a look at the current results of the "Who's Better" poll TSN has going that they actually talk about on their That's Hockey show :

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9706

Plinko

Damn, TSN has got to stop asking fans to vote for their stupid polls. First the Play of the Year had vote spamming to get some of the better plays knocked out so fans could see players from their favorite team win a meaningless title.

Take a look at the current results of the "Who's Better" poll TSN has going that they actually talk about on their That's Hockey show :

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9706

It's like this every year. Almost always you have players representing Canadian teams beating much better plays.

ShaneB

Jeez at that pic, the likeness is uncanny.

It's only day 3 and I'm already overwhelm with Olympic coverage :( All my sports podcasts/radio shows are nothing but Olympic chat. I mean I understand it's the biggest sports event of the year, but there's nothing about the summer Olympics that I care about :(

I miss hockey!

Canucks sign Desbiens. Plan the parade.

If Doan wants 4 years at $7.5M per, then I don't want him on the Canucks. He's not making more than the Sedins, Kesler, Schneider, etc.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every day that passes and we haven't signed O'Reilly makes me age about 10 years. The fuck is happening.
Same with us and Subban, but Price went right until September last year I believe, so I'm not toooo worried about it.

Plinko

Most likely a non-reliable rumor but I guess Detroit has been inquiring about Yandle and has an offer out there at the moment and is the favorite to land him if he is traded. Take it for what it is worth I guess.

I saw a rumor that said they offered Filppula, Nyquist and next year's 1st.

If that trade actually happened Holland needs to be kicked out of his office by a giant mechanical boot.

Top Bottom