• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I saw a rumor that said they offered Filppula, Nyquist and next year's 1st.

If that trade actually happened Holland needs to be kicked out of his office by a giant mechanical boot.

I would love Yandle, but losing Flip after his breakout season and losing Nyquist who is destined for great things would suck, it would also make our offense really bad.

Alucard

Banned
Apparently, Shero offered Doan 4 years, 24 million. Doan at 6 million still feels like a bit much, but the Pens have the space.

cube444

Apparently, Shero offered Doan 4 years, 24 million. Doan at 6 million still feels like a bit much, but the Pens have the space.

That's a horrible contract. Doan turns 36 in October.

Pens need a couple of defensemen and have to trade Martin.

Shero is in panic mode.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh geez, now according to a Flames insider Detroit has offered Filpulla and Erricson and a late round pick for Bouwmeester. :/

http://nhlfanchat.com/articles/red-wings-offer-the-flames-filppula-for-bouwmeester--2

Don't know how legit but whatever, it's another slow day.

Wow wow wow what a horrible trade that would be.

I thought this would happen--Holland would get shut out in free agency and then make a horrible desperation trade that would hurt the team even more.

Although, I don't believe that trade at all. Detroit can't even afford to give up one defenseman right now so there's no way they'd offer Ericsson. I don't see Bouwmeester being that big of an upgrade there.

The Problem is that we get rid of one of our top 6 players which we need who had an amazing season last year and could get 70 points as well. Also as much as we hate on Ericsson, he is our best PK'er and losing him would kill our PK. If it was Franzen and Ericsson I would be fine, but I don't want to lose flip for Bouwmeester, would be better if we were getting Yandle.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Problem is that we get rid of one of our top 6 players which we need who had an amazing season last year and could get 70 points as well. Also as much as we hate on Ericsson, he is our best PK'er and losing him would kill our PK. If it was Franzen and Ericsson I would be fine, but I don't want to lose flip for Bouwmeester, would be better if we were getting Yandle.

I've been bashed on the board repeatedly for defending Ericsson. He's a good defenseman and great on the PK.

I agree with your analysis. No way I get rid of Filppula right now. Really, the hope of him breaking out in a contract year is really what we need for our offense.

pringles

I don't believe most of these proposed Detroit trades as I don't think Holland is a raging lunatic. But if we're gonna trade for a D most likely Flip will be gone. He's our most attractive trade piece and is in a limbo position on the team, too good to be 3rd line C but obviously not gonna play in the middle instead of Z or Pav. It would hurt to see him gone, he and Zetterberg were magic last year, but for Yandle I could handle it. For JayBo? Fuck no.

So there are rumors that the Panthers are front runners for Ryan. Nothing very credible so far, but the Panthers are usually unlikely for rumors so this makes me wonder.

Dstrdl pls

What would you possibly be willing to give up for him? Ryan just seems like the type of player that whoever gets him is going to overpay.
If Anaheim needs centers then I would either make a package of:

Matthias + Shore + 2nd round

or

Howden + Koepecky

Both are very tough choices Matthias because he is 9/10 there to being a dominant 2 way C. He's young, big, fast and can handle the puck like a damn boss. Howden because he is a stud of a prospect who is NHL ready. With Ryan's skill I'd be willing to part with good prospect.

Socreges

Banned
If Anaheim needs centers then I would either make a package of:

Matthias + Shore + 2nd round

or

Howden + Koepecky

Both are very tough choices Matthias because he is 9/10 there to being a dominant 2 way C. He's young, big, fast and can handle the puck like a damn boss. Howden because he is a stud of a prospect who is NHL ready. With Ryan's skill I'd be willing to part with good prospect.
Neither deal would do it. You're severely overstating your prospects' value and/or underestimating what Anaheim would want in return.

Neither deal would do it. You're severely overstating your prospects' value and/or underestimating what Anaheim would want in return.
Intangibles man, intangibles.

If we had to go deeper than Kulikov -Ryan. I'd hate to do that, Kulikov is such a stud PMD. Beyond that Huberdeau/ Markstrom/ Bjustad are untouchable.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doubt you get Ryan without giving up one of those untouchables. Ryans still young and a proven skill player, Ducks will want a top prospect back.

Socreges

Banned
Doubt you get Ryan without giving up one of those untouchables. Ryans still young and a proven skill player, Ducks will want a top prospect back.
Howden would be a great piece, actually. Panthers could get Ryan without including those three "untouchables", I think. But just throwing in Kopecky as well (who is good, don't get me wrong) wouldn't be enough.

All this Olympic fervor got me re-watching the Hockey Gold Medal game in Vancouver.

It's amazing how dominating Canada gets to be with forwards.

ShaneB

Ouch. :/

But yes, was an awesome game ( apart from Crosby scoring, too much clichee), I remember it being close to impossible to get a spot at a bar anywhere.

Anywhere in the country really. It was insane.

edit: Thanks for the youtube link as well Buba, very cool to watch this and no commentary.

RC

Banned
Anywhere in the country really. It was insane.

edit: Thanks for the youtube link as well Buba, very cool to watch this and no commentary.

I'm glad I skipped work that day to watch it in Robson Square. A once in a lifetime experience is worth more then some crappy old job.

Socreges

Banned
ibaa15ajs5wAET.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I cannot BELIEVE I didn't click on that thread this whole time. Damn myself and not clicking on boring sounding thread titles.

Top Bottom