• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I still prefer Firefox (for a while I was still using 3.xx something or other until I had to upgrade, not a fan of Chrome but it is decent). Of course if Firefox was giving you memory issues just go with Chrome.

You really only need adblock plus, at least that's all I use.

For some reason I thought it was bannable to say you use adblock on GAF because of the ads that help to pay for the site and what not?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still prefer Firefox (for a while I was still using 3.xx something or other until I had to upgrade, not a fan of Chrome but it is decent). Of course if Firefox was giving you memory issues just go with Chrome.

For some reason I thought it was bannable to say you use adblock on GAF because of the ads that help to pay for the site and what not?

What if I told you I excempt sites I like (GAF, reddit, etc) and that don't have obtrusive ads from my adblock plus but mainly use it for sites that are super annoying with ads (youtube, other streaming sites)?

Heretic

Gaf is on the white list, you silly goose!

EDIT: Where can I import my favorites? Is there an equivalent for the favorite buttons that are across the top like on my screen cap?

This feels weird! I'm sorry, Microsoft!

Here's all the extensions I use:

NeoGAF User highlighter

Chrome's power is in it's simplicity, no reason to gussy it up with a bunch of UI garbage

Clydefrog

Hahaha! I used to use firefox but that was a memory hog especially because of all of the plugins I added to it. IE works fine for me. All I really need are tabs. I do miss text to image, youtube embed, auto refresh, and the auto page loader where you never have to click on the next page.

EDIT:

This is what I see when I click on a linked post...

ScreenShot036.jpg

Then I have to click on the link on the top right. Oh well, no biggie.

Yeah, same here bro. But I have to use IE at work. I downloaded Firefox and IT made me uninstall it like a month later.

Heretic

Yeah, same here bro. But I have to use IE at work. I downloaded Firefox and IT made me uninstall it like a month later.

I use IE at work too. I got used to it so I started using it at home too. Didn't bother installing another browser when I built my computer. Using Chrome now and it feel weird but I think I just need to adjust.

Smiley90

I use IE at work too. I got used to it so I started using it at home too. Didn't bother installing another browser when I built my computer. Using Chrome now and it feel weird but I think I just need to adjust.

SUPERIOR RACE.

Revenant

Hard to imagine that huge mass coming straight at you on the ice, I'd shit my pants.

Hopefully he never tries a spinorama, the rest of the players on the ice would all collide around him due to gravitational pull.

And God help us all if Kyle Wellwood is on the ice with him when that happens. When Girth Collides!

Also some great Byfuglien moments in a hawks uniform

Decking Pronger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrBbHPoqv08

and of course him saying hello to Canucks fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niaR5-VHYnE&feature=related

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We need some damn trades up in this off season, fuck Doan.

Someone please take Kaberle :(

Smiley90

We need some damn trades up in this off season, fuck Doan.

Someone please take Kaberle :(

If you ever get to trade either Kaberle or Gomez, I will change my Avatar to your liking for... let's say... 2 weeks.

EDIT: Unless they get traded to the Canucks, then I'll be crying in the corner for the next 2 weeks and won't be able to change my avatar.

Red_Man

:lol probably the safest avatar bet you'll ever make.....Gomez has a limited NTC so any teams that would take him, he probably wouldn't go to. Kaberle is still tradeable if Bergevin can find a GM stupid / desperate enough as Gautheir was.

Smiley90

:lol probably the safest avatar bet you'll ever make.....Gomez has a limited NTC so any teams that would take him, he probably wouldn't go to. Kaberle is still tradeable if Bergevin can find a GM stupid / desperate enough as Gautheir was.

That's why I'm making it, I'm pretty confident I won't lose. :p I didn't even ask for anything in return, that's how unlikely it is they get traded... Also, I'd be extremely entertained by the hilarity of it, if it really happened, so I'd win either way.

Red_Man

I was going to counter with my own avatar bet, but I couldn't think of any Canuck players that were untradeable.

Smiley90

I was going to counter with my own avatar bet, but I couldn't think of any Canuck players that were untradeable.

Keith Ballard? :( Someone please take him. Still more likely than Gomez/Kaberle though, yeah.

Got evicted on sunday, split up with +1 today. I was doing some serious thinking (I think he meant to say serious drinking) this morning, and now I've come out with clarity of 'if all the bad shit is happening now, then the good business is around the corner'.

I bet it's gonna be something cool like a CBA agreement.

So yeah, happy as Larry, but my NHLagebros cheer me up when I need it. A power which should only rarely be used, lest this place turns into some massive 'irl whingefest' thread. But eh, a death, a firing, an eviction and a breakup all in the space of three weeks make it seem worthy.

Rejects Dasterdly's cuddle.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Red_Man

Wow that's rough man...I thought your previous post was in response to the fake Doan shit. Things can only get better from there, hope the rest of your week goes better.

Got evicted on sunday, split up with +1 today. I was doing some serious thinking (I think he meant to say serious drinking) this morning, and now I've come out with clarity of 'if all the bad shit is happening now, then the good business is around the corner'.

So yeah, happy as Larry, but my NHLagebros cheer me up when I need it. A power which should only rarely be used, lest this place turns into some massive 'irl whingefest' thread. But eh, a death, a firing, an eviction and a breakup all in the space of three weeks make it seem worthy.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Shit dude. I thought I had it bad with fights every now and then. Best of luck.

FOOTE

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Try not to let it get you down too much. I hit the worst patch of my life that lasted for the last four years, beginning with my mom's health(leukemia). Things aren't great now, but they are sure as hell much better than they were when 2008 started. Stay strong, your luck(might be the wrong word) will turn around.

Good words, cheers folks :)

I got my mind off it primarily by getting my hockey stick and running through some puck handling on the driveway (with a plastic street puck). If I keep doing this every time I need a distraction then I should be Sidney Crosby by next week.

The power of hockey.

Top Bottom