• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

FOOTE

Cup odds as of now:

Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 9/1
Vancouver Canucks 11/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 13/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Detroit Red Wings 15/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1
San Jose Sharks 20/1
Buffalo Sabres 22/1
Carolina Hurricanes 22/1
Nashville Predators 25/1
Tampa Bay Lightning 25/1
Washington Capitals 25/1
New Jersey Devils 28/1
Edmonton Oilers 30/1
Toronto Maple Leafs 35/1
Florida Panthers 40/1
Anaheim Ducks 40/1
Colorado Avalanche 40/1
Montreal Canadiens 40/1
Ottawa Senators 40/1
Phoenix Coyotes 40/1
Calgary Flames 50/1
Dallas Stars 50/1
Winnipeg Jets 50/1
New York Islanders 75/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 100/1

I hope the Blues can live up to that. Will be so disappointing if they don't do well this season.
I mean the 2013-2014 season.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cup odds as of now:

Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 9/1
Vancouver Canucks 11/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 13/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Detroit Red Wings 15/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1
San Jose Sharks 20/1
Buffalo Sabres 22/1
Carolina Hurricanes 22/1
Nashville Predators 25/1
Tampa Bay Lightning 25/1
Washington Capitals 25/1
New Jersey Devils 28/1
Edmonton Oilers 30/1
Toronto Maple Leafs 35/1
Florida Panthers 40/1
Anaheim Ducks 40/1
Colorado Avalanche 40/1
Montreal Canadiens 40/1
Ottawa Senators 40/1
Phoenix Coyotes 40/1
Calgary Flames 50/1
Dallas Stars 50/1
Winnipeg Jets 50/1
New York Islanders 75/1

LOL Not even close. 25/1 at best.

They're required to hand over those sorts of things by law if they have them. They can argue over the "relevance" of certain things, but the employers are required to turn over financial information in the course of collective bargaining.

This is not correct. Last year the NFLPA asked to see the financials for every team and the NFL so no and the players never got them.

Cup odds as of now:

Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 9/1
Vancouver Canucks 11/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 13/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Detroit Red Wings 15/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1
San Jose Sharks 20/1
Buffalo Sabres 22/1
Carolina Hurricanes 22/1
Nashville Predators 25/1
Tampa Bay Lightning 25/1
Washington Capitals 25/1
New Jersey Devils 28/1
Edmonton Oilers 30/1
Toronto Maple Leafs 35/1
Florida Panthers 40/1
Anaheim Ducks 40/1
Colorado Avalanche 40/1
Montreal Canadiens 40/1
Ottawa Senators 40/1

Phoenix Coyotes 40/1
Calgary Flames 50/1
Dallas Stars 50/1
Winnipeg Jets 50/1
New York Islanders 75/1

jacknod.gif

It is. But it's also dirt cheap. You're paying for cheap dirt.

Also I worked at a Tim Hortons for a week when I first got to Vancouver, and it was fantastic. Free food and donuts and... Well, that was it actually.

Had it last season. It's FANTASTIC. Had no trouble with blackouts obviously, and had some SERIOUS problems with the iOS app on 3G (authorisation bug, keeps disconnecting you saying that you're logged in somewhere else). But that was it.

Awesome. I figured paying $170 over a shitload for cable the whole season is a way better route... Good to know its dope. Xbox is getting it too this season (although I won't be able to watch the Hawks on it)

calder

Right. I've never had a problem with slow-moving films. I loved Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, a movie that truly separates the men from the boys.

Same and same, really liked TTSS. The opening scene is amazing, just the way it's shot and how it takes it's time to slowly ratchet up the unease.

Speaking of good slow-burn thrillers, I really liked The Hunter. Not as good as TTSS maybe, but still quite good and a very patient movie.

Cup odds as of now:

Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 9/1
Vancouver Canucks 11/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 13/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Detroit Red Wings 15/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1
San Jose Sharks 20/1
Buffalo Sabres 22/1
Carolina Hurricanes 22/1
Nashville Predators 25/1
Tampa Bay Lightning 25/1
Washington Capitals 25/1
New Jersey Devils 28/1
Edmonton Oilers 30/1
Toronto Maple Leafs 35/1
Florida Panthers 40/1
Anaheim Ducks 40/1
Colorado Avalanche 40/1
Montreal Canadiens 40/1
Ottawa Senators 40/1
Phoenix Coyotes 40/1
Calgary Flames 50/1
Dallas Stars 50/1
Winnipeg Jets 50/1
New York Islanders 75/1

LOL I needed a laugh this morning

I dont understand how they made those odds. No way in hell should the Pens be ahead of the Rangers. Rangers have great D, and great goaltending and added a scorer in Nash, Pens have lost Staal and done pretty much nothing else after looking terrible in the playoffs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I dont understand how they made those odds. No way in hell should the Pens be ahead of the Rangers. Rangers have great D, and great goaltending and added a scorer in Nash, Pens have lost Staal and done pretty much nothing else after looking terrible in the playoffs.

Right. And the Wings shouldn't be that high. It looks like that list was done at the end of last year before free agency.

Plinko

This is not correct. Last year the NFLPA asked to see the financials for every team and the NFL so no and the players never got them.

I posted this exact same thing and he ignored it.

They may have argued whether it was necessary for the PA to negotiate, but I can tell you the PA is well within their rights to request them and the league needs to provide a reason why they are not necessary. My guess is in that case the PA didn't really need them and didn't want more litigation. The law is correct though. I am 100% certain.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They're placed a little high, but besides maybe the Sens and Panthers, which of the teams under them are you 100% sure they'll be worse than?

I'm pretty confident Florida, Colorado, Montreal and Ottawa, and possibly Winnipeg and Dallas have higher odds...

Kinda funny so see Phoenix so low though, after making it to the Conference Finals :p

Curufinwe

I agree. The Rangers are a much stronger team than the Pens or Flyers who both have huge questions over their defense and goalie.

Plinko

I'm pretty confident Florida, Colorado, Montreal and Ottawa, and possibly Winnipeg and Dallas have higher odds...

Kinda funny so see Phoenix so low though, after making it to the Conference Finals :p

I actually think those Coyotes odds are for whether or not the team will exist next season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty sure Kings were like 60/1 odds to win the cups prior to the playoffs. Whoever bet on them hit the jackpot.

calder

Just joking, there won't be a season to bet on.

If you had to put down a $50 bet on the lockout, and the only options were "no season" and "season starts on time second week in October or so" which would you take?

I'm actually still foolishly optimistic that there won't be much of a lockout. No problem imagining it interrupting training camp, but I just really don't think there will be no hockey into December or anything. Even after the NHL's loltastic opening offer.

Granted, the NHL and the PA have failed to live up to my "hey they're all at least pretty rational actors right" expectations numerous times in the past..

Granted, the NHL and the PA have failed to live up to my "hey they're all at least pretty rational actors right" expectations numerous times in the past..

Millionaires vs. Billionaires arguing over who gets the bigger piece of the NHL's $3+ Billion revenues.

NHL made their offer, Fehr will tell them to shove it and the fun will begin.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ugh, term and $ scare me.

Btw, it was very cool visiting the Forum today. It's obviously a shitty mall and movie theater now but still, felt like I was seeing a piece of hockey history.

I feel dirty going into Maple Leaf Gardens to shop for groceries

purg3

slept with Malkin
Cup odds as of now:

Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1

LOL, who needs defence to win a cup, am I right?

Fully expecting another first round KO if there aren't some major changes to the Pens D.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So Rielly is signed for Toronto. What's the hold up with Biggs??? When does Toronto lose their rights to him?

It will happen around training camp. If he's good enough to be on the marlies, he will sign. If not, he goes to OHL.

If he were go to OHL, He can only play in AHL if he's 20 years old (or 19 turning 20 within season) or he's played 4 years in CHL- that would mean he wouldn't be able to play in AHL until next year.

NHL he could jump any time but considering he isn't there yet... Signing him to a contract right now isn't exactly best idea. It would be burning up a contract when it's not necessary.

His rights remain for a few more years unless leafs decide to release him- also a possible scenario.

Bulgaria's Women's Hockey team during Olympics Qualifications.

Bulgaria vs Italy 0-41
Bulgaria vs Croatia 1-30
Bulgaria vs Latvia 0-39
Bulgaria vs Slovakia 0-82

4GP 1GF 192GA

Top Bottom