• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

DOTPN.jpg

Solo

Didn't watch the game. Just saw the updates through twitter. What's with all the bitter tears, Canada? Is it because of the loss or was there more to it?

USA's tying goal was on the back of an atrocious call. It's not the losing, it's the how.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ref was an absolute joke, and this isn't even Canadian fans saying this, sports writers all over twitter are saying how retarded she was.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i get being upset about the indirect kick call but the handball? the ref tried to make good by swallowing her whistle when morgan got taken down in the box shortly after the PK too.

US dominated possession, corners and shots. deserved to win. great effort from Canada and Sinclair to convert the chances they had.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Lucic's dumb girlfriend is pregnant. Nice going, bro.

Tabris

The Soccer game was such a shame. Canada had such amazing goals but had a couple lapses (not covering the corner post on the first goal was a rookie mistake) and then got slightly robbed by a call I've never ever seen called (it's essentially like the NHL delay of game call if you get kicked out of the faceoffs twice - never actually called, especially not in a critical game)

Then the handball, usually refs will let that slide as when the free kick is that close as it's hard to avoid (and they tried), but it's a fair enough call. I don't think anyone really has an issue with the handball, it's the call before it. There was a couple other questionable calls each way, but that one call was a robbed situation.

Socreges

Banned
Were Canadians suppose to be good at football (or soccer) or something?
US is ranked #1 in women's soccer
US population: 311 million, Canada population: 34 million
Canada has not beaten the US in 10 years (women's soccer)
Semi-finals (olympics are very big for women's soccer, whereas they're kinda meaningless for men's [men's is U-23])
Soccer doesn't have the same stigma in Canada than it does in the US (we don't have the same contempt for the rest of the world)

It was also an entertaining game and happened to fall on a holiday in Canada.

Socreges

Banned
i get being upset about the indirect kick call but the handball? the ref tried to make good by swallowing her whistle when morgan got taken down in the box shortly after the PK too.

US dominated possession, corners and shots. deserved to win. great effort from Canada and Sinclair to convert the chances they had.
Ehhhh

- the ridiculous indirect kick call in the box
- the handball was not a foul: http://www.refblog.com/non-blog/handling_paper.pdf
- there was a handball by Rapinoe that was much closer to handling the ball, but was not called (???)
- missed fouls against the US where they injured two of our players (after we couldn't sub them out)
- there were some other mysterious calls that went against canada
- Morgan getting "taken down"... the defender got the ball. i'm not sure if she hit morgan before contacting the ball, though. but that'd be a sketchy pk to call

Good for US "dominating" in some respects, but if the reffing had been competent, Canada would have won. I find it difficult to say that the US deserved anything more than a chance at the bronze, considering.

But the US did play an awesome game. Morgan and Rapinoe are incredible players. But I'm also proud of Canada. They got about as many chances as the US and I feel they deserved better.

Also, Sinclair is amazing. 143 goals in 189 international appearances. Only second to Mia Hamm, who had 158 in 275. That record will be destroyed. Sinclair is only 29

Also, US had the hotter players. Most definitely

oh and HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE A PLAYER AT NEAR POST DURING A CORNER. you learn that shit before you can lace your own boots

How much milk do Canadians end up throwing out because of the use of bags? Surely not every time you open a bag you end up using all of it's contents. Do the really frugal Canadians just put the excess in Tupperware?

Those poor cows, man.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Milk bags are a lot less stressful then worrying about getting sick and going bankrupt.

2iIY4.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How much milk do Canadians end up throwing out because of the use of bags? Surely not every time you open a bag you end up using all of it's contents. Do the really frugal Canadians just put the excess in Tupperware?

Those poor cows, man.

Fun fact: milk maintains its freshness longer in bags than cartons and jugs

Used to use both, had to toss a lot.

Bags? In the last decade haven't had to toss any milk

It seems odd in concept, but in use it works so well

Top Bottom