• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Quick

Banned
so to keep this off topic whos buying Counter Strike: GO?

A huge "maybe" for me. It's been ages since I played CS. And the last time I did, I sucked even more balls at it than I originally did. Looks fun as hell, though. I'd be down for some NHL-GAF CS:GO games on PS3.

Revenant

I'll be busy with Guild Wars 2 and NHL 13, can't have 3 online games going at the same time... and those 2 are gonna keep me busy for LONG. And then there's also Halo 4 and Dishonored coming...

I know what you mean, but for me Counter-Strike always finds a way. I'll definitely get Halo 4 as I'm actually impressed with what they've shown, but something about CS just feels so damn good to me.

A huge "maybe" for me. It's been ages since I played CS. And the last time I did, I sucked even more balls at it than I originally did. Looks fun as hell, though. I'd be down for some NHL-GAF CS:GO games on PS3.

sadly PC for me :(

Heretic

Bob McKenzie said:
"@TSNBobMcKenzie: Jeff Skinner's extension with CAR expected to be 6 years with an AAV of $5.725M."

Damn. He's getting paid more than Bobby, Perry, and Getzlaf. We're losing them for sure. They're going to want a lot of money... I hope the CBA blocks huge contracts!

Revenant

Damn. He's getting paid more than Bobby, Perry, and Getzlaf. We're losing them for sure. They're going to want a lot of money... I hope the CBA blocks huge contracts!

stop it heretic, you got me thinking dirty thoughts now... Getzlaf in a Hawks sweater....mmmmm

Quick

Banned
stop it heretic, you got me thinking dirty thoughts now... Getzlaf in a Hawks sweater....mmmmm

Or Bobby Ryan in a Leafs jersey...

ibiSKzdt8ZAcJz.gif

got to play some hockey at the bridgestone arena tonight, im available for any scabbery should there be a lockout

Ah yeah, been going to stick and puck the last few weeks here, unfortunately I won't be able to go after this next one on friday because I'll have work starting up. :(

What do you do for a living? How old are you anyways? What kind of guys do you like? ;)

I just graduated in May and had a job at my 3D modeling professors business to learn Autodesk Alias Automotive to do some car design work. Unfortunately the car company (which shall not be named but a part of the big 3) decided they didn't want to take any more people and instead wanted to overwork the people from our company they already had (I had to do training first before I could join the rest of my co-workers). So I was in limbo until another contract job opened up here doing data prep work in Autodesk Maya. Unfortunately that company has us on hold for 2 weeks here, so I'm stuck waiting and looking at other jobs until they give us the all clear to start working. Then I can begin my 2 hour each-way drive through the heart of Detroit just to make a few bucks and spend the rest on gas. :/

My real passion is in game design doing 3D art which is what I was in college for, but trying to find an entry level job is almost impossible, so much for following my dream and doing something I would enjoy instead of doing mechanical engineering like the rest of my family, something I probably could have done but I just didn't have any interest in it...

Also I like 29 year old guys who talk about their sister sometimes on gaming forums and like the Anahiem Ducks....
the real question is, is your sister hot?

Heretic

My real passion is in game design doing 3D art which is what I was in college for, but trying to find an entry level job is almost impossible, so much for following my dream and doing something I would enjoy instead of doing mechanical engineering like the rest of my family, something I probably could have done but I just didn't have any interest in it...
Also I like 29 year old guys who talk about their sister sometimes on gaming forums and like the Anahiem Ducks....
the real question is, is your sister hot?
Holy crap dude! I have a bachelor's degree in game art and design too! I used to work for Atlus USA as QA. My name is on Persona 4 =) now I work in a completely unrelated field. Living the dream!

I don't think I've ever talked about my sister on here though... DID YOU CONFUSE ME WITH SOMEONE ELSE!? *cries* I knew you redwings were all the same! Why did I think you were any different!?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Favourite NFL teams, smartphones, games and a Heretic/Crazed romance within 2 pages. WHAT IS HAPPENING.

I don't even want to know what this thread will become if there's a lockout.

Smiley90

Taking this back offtopic:

I might come to Montreal for 3 nights End August/Beginning September.

Anything I HAVE to go see/eat at/listen/walk/hike/explore/whatnot? We already have a few things we (we = my gf and me) wanna look at, but it's mostly restaurants she's heard of. (she's big into cooking, lucky me). I'm sure you know some good other attractions or maybe insider tips for restaurants or whatnot. Thanks!

calder

Every night before I slip off to sleep I pray Doan goes to the Canucks.

Do they allow horses in greater Vancouver? Shaney-boy can only play in a city that lets him have a small horse ranch, say 50 acres tops, within a short commute to the local rink.

Smiley90

Every night before I slip off to sleep I pray Doan goes to the Canucks.

Do they allow horses in greater Vancouver? Shaney-boy can only play in a city that lets him have a small horse ranch, say 50 acres tops, within a short commute to the local rink.

We have a horse racetrack, is that good enough? It's also really close (10min drive) from Rogers Arena/downtown.

Socreges

Banned
I'm guessing that no competitive team is willing to pay out the ass for Doan, so he's patiently waiting for some resolution in Phoenix. Why else would this be taking so long.

Fallout, thank you. Good ideas.

Acid08

Banned
Taking this back offtopic:

I might come to Montreal for 3 nights End August/Beginning September.

Anything I HAVE to go see/eat at/listen/walk/hike/explore/whatnot? We already have a few things we (we = my gf and me) wanna look at, but it's mostly restaurants she's heard of. (she's big into cooking, lucky me). I'm sure you know some good other attractions or maybe insider tips for restaurants or whatnot. Thanks!

Amazing Polish food in Old Montreal.

Ended up eating there twice in two days, so delicious.

We gotta pay the men :(

I hope the Samuellis loosen their purse strings a bit...

Any hockey news?

No?

okay then

Welcome to the past few weeks...

*flicks a yo-yo*

...had a hot wiiiiife :(

CREMSteve

Any hockey news?

No?

okay then

Jeff Skinner got paid - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402602
Michael Ferland charged with assault - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402588

Flames jerseys have arrived in-store -
c1603f1ae0bb11e1bb2312313810192e_7.jpg

Sharks no longer interested in Doan -
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks Well-placed source advises that as soon as it was clear Doan deal would go beyond 3 years, #sjsharks bowed out of bidding. #nowaysanjose

That's all I've got.

Only 5 weeks left before training camp. :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Doan is probably going to the Rangers, Penguins or Canucks with a four-year deal.

Penguins are desperate enough but I think he ultimately goes to the Rangers. Better chance of winning a Cup in the next 2 years, as they actually play defense.

I would love Doan on the Rangers, but I'd love him at 2 years not more.
As of right now that's not getting it done, but at some point he's gonna have to look himself in the mirror and say "what do I want". Right now he wants to be bribed out of Phoenix.

Razorskin

----- ------
I would love Doan on the Rangers, but I'd love him at 2 years not more.
As of right now that's not getting it done, but at some point he's gonna have to look himself in the mirror and say "what do I want". Right now he wants to be bribed out of Phoenix.

Don't worry, he can sign 4 years with you guys but he'll play out his last two in Montreal.

:(

He keeps moaning that he doesn't want to leave Phoenix only to find out they are staying. Here's a thought - sign a 1 year deal with the Coyotes! This late in the offseason the team isn't going to move.

That or just except reality that eventually that team is gone, sooner rather than later.

He kind of reminds me of Scott Howson to be honest.

I see the Rangers being in win now mode right now so getting Doan would solidify that. Though I still think most of their main core is still youngish so they could prove here to be a new consistent contender over the next few years.

Top Bottom