• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Well for those unsure, we do still have some spots available when we do the GAF Online GM Mode for Xbox 360:

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - wsoxfan1214
New York Islanders - Delryk                              Columbus - Dastardly Jerks
New York Rangers - Milly79                               Detroit - LukeSmith
Philadelphia - Coldplay619                               Nashville - sefskillz
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - TheVisualizer

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston - MacAttack                                       Calgary - brucewaynegretzky
Buffalo -                                                Colorado - 19 & 21
Montreal - Red_Man                                       Edmonton - Smiley90
Ottawa -  Cake Boss                                      Minnesota - Marvie_3
Toronto - ACES11                                         Vancouver - Socreges

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina - littleworm                                    Anaheim - BigJonsson
Florida -                                                Dallas - Rafa=FedKilla
Tampa Bay - CrazedArabMan                                Los Angeles - yodathesoda
Washington - LiveWire                                    Quebec City - Giard
Winnipeg - SpectreFire                                   San Jose - Revenant

Edit: Dastardly, I'm so sorry you have Columbus, though I don't know if Marvie decided if we are doing random (just throws players on everyone's team) or sticking with the teams we have.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well for those unsure, we do still have some spots available when we do the GAF Online GM Mode for Xbox 360:

Code:

New York Islanders - Delryk                              Columbus - Dastardly Jerks
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - TheVisualizer

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston - MacAttack                                       Calgary - brucewaynegretzky

Tampa Bay - CrazedArabMan                                Los Angeles - yodathesoda

Edit: Dastardly, I'm so sorry you have Columbus, though I don't know if Marvie decided if we are doing random (just throws players on everyone's team) or sticking with the teams we have.

I'm pretty sure Marvie said we'd do an offline fantasy draft. Since GM Connected doesn't do fantasy drafts we HAVE to do it offline... and then we'd just trade around picks/players as needed to get all the players/picks to their picked teams. So all you get to "keep" from your selected teams will be pre-set assistant manager stats (I assume, and scouting stats etc), and the logo and name.

I'm pretty sure Marvie said we'd do an offline fantasy draft. Since GM Connected doesn't do fantasy drafts we HAVE to do it offline... and then we'd just trade around picks/players as needed to get all the players/picks to their picked teams. So all you get to "keep" from your selected teams will be pre-set assistant manager stats (I assume, and scouting stats etc), and the logo and name.

That seems like it would be more of a pain than just doing random or sticking with the teams, but we'll see, wish they had fantasy setting on the online mode. :/

Smiley90

That seems like it would be more of a pain than just doing random or sticking with the teams, but we'll see, wish they had fantasy setting on the online mode. :/

Yeah we'd have to draft A LOT of players... Randomizing would probably be a better idea, that
s true. Sticking with the teams is IMHO not THE best idea, since it's just not equal ground :D

Yeah we'd have to draft A LOT of players... Randomizing would probably be a better idea, that
s true. Sticking with the teams is IMHO not THE best idea, since it's just not equal ground :D

The other things is that it would screw some people anyways with what order they draft in and what not, that's fine for entry draft but I don't know about setting up your team to begin with.

Smiley90

The other things is that it would screw some people anyways with what order they draft in and what not, that's fine for entry draft but I don't know about setting up your team to begin with.

Well fantasy drafts are always done serpentine (so, 1st doesn't draft again until 60th, etc), so that normally makes it more fair.

But yeah, I'm also disappointed there's no real entry draft :( You can only select I think how you want your assistant to draft (Best player available, best D/LW/C/RW available or so), not actually pick player x... but oh well. Will still be fun.

Well fantasy drafts are always done serpentine (so, 1st doesn't draft again until 60th, etc), so that normally makes it more fair.

But yeah, I'm also disappointed there's no real entry draft :( You can only select I think how you want your assistant to draft (Best player available, best D/LW/C/RW available or so), not actually pick player x... but oh well. Will still be fun.

Yep, that's my biggest complaint about the mode and also how they are doing free agency with "bidding rounds". Hopefully in future installments they actually give us the option to do it properly. But they did actually add online GM mode with a ton of different options including doing it in co-op (hopefully we get more info on that part here soon) which is what I have been wanting since they added GM mode. So baby steps I guess.

Smiley90

Yep, that's my biggest complaint about the mode and also how they are doing free agency with "bidding rounds". Hopefully in future installments they actually give us the option to do it properly. But they did actually add online GM mode with a ton of different options including doing it in co-op (hopefully we get more info on that part here soon) which is what I have been wanting since they added GM mode. So baby steps I guess.

Actually, I'm okay with bidding rounds for free agency. Better than the "you either get the bid right the first time or he's gone" system they have in place with the AI. Multiple rounds are more realistic, since a player won't just look at first offers and accept the best, he'll go around asking for more with other offers in place.

Also, what do you mean by coop? I know they have options that you can either play as a full team, only GM or as an individual player, so it can be up to 7 (or 6) people per team (1 GM, 6 players) AFAIK. So it could THEORETICALLY be a league with 30 teams of 5 people each team who all play full-on 6v6 games.

But I think for our league we'll keep it at 1 per team. :p But we COULD join a random full league as a GAF-team (maybe you can have even more players onyour team, just only 5 playing at the same time, like EASHL)

Actually, I'm okay with bidding rounds for free agency. Better than the "you either get the bid right the first time or he's gone" system they have in place with the AI. Multiple rounds are more realistic, since a player won't just look at first offers and accept the best, he'll go around asking for more with other offers in place.

Also, what do you mean by coop? I know they have options that you can either play as a full team, only GM or as an individual player, so it can be up to 7 (or 6) people per team (1 GM, 6 players) AFAIK. So it could THEORETICALLY be a league with 30 teams of 5 people each team who all play full-on 6v6 games.

But I think for our league we'll keep it at 1 per team. :p But we COULD join a random full league as a GAF-team (maybe you can have even more players onyour team, just only 5 playing at the same time, like EASHL)

Here you go, it is the online team play but with all of the GM features which is what I wanted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFXcAAjFKJ0&feature=player_embedded

Co-op Online Team Play in GM Connected is what it is called.

Also regarding the bolded, I think you might be able to do something like that or it seems like you might be able to with the video I posted.

Edit: Another video that explains it a little more, though I'm still a tad bit confused with the co-op as he mentioned it would be more with a buddy on a single console, but hopefully you can do online as well as in me and a friend can control and play for a team against the AI in our own private GM connected league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAgK_CTLfjg

Doing an offline draft is going to take forever since it'll just take one person not being around for a while to stall it considerably.........

CCF23

Code:

Hook me up with Buffalo so I can fucking trade Hodgson. Soc, give me Kassian? ;)

RC

Banned
I can't get into these new fangled NHL games. I like my hockey games controlled by buttons and as unrealistic as possible.

Heretic

There is an icon just under the page count you have to click. You have to do that in each thread you wan to start live update in. Its not that useful unless you leave tabs open for a long time, or if the thread is moving fast.

wjyr7.jpg

Can't believe I didn't see that! Thanks, bud =(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Marvie wanted me to pass on the message that we're doing a randomized draft for the online GM stuff.

Merguson

Banned

Code:

I'll take Florida

Curufinwe

My last two hockey games were NHL 99, and ESPN NHL Hockey which came out in 2003. I had to manually edit all the goalies in ESPN NHL down to have ratings between 20 and 40 to get them to play properly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think NHL 11 was the last one I got, this one may cause me to dive back in. We'll see, I haven't turned on my xbox in months...

RC

Banned
NHL 2004 was the only hockey game I've ever owned. France is taking it to us right now. So tired. So very very tired.

Quick

Banned
There's hockey on TSN right now. It's the Canada/Russia Super Series is on.

Quickly while it's still on the air, come on! *licks TV*

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Code:

I'll take the Devils.

ShaneB

Completely forgot about that Canada/Russia series started today, I guess it doesn't help that it's on while I'm at work either.

Top Bottom