• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Could stay in Phoenix still.

Like I've always said, I don't want the Canucks giving him four years. I think only the Rangers would be that crazy.

The Rangers haven't handed out a contract like that to a 35+ player since before the lockout. Everything suggests they don't want to start now. Never know though.

I see the Rangers being in win now mode right now so getting Doan would solidify that. Though I still think most of their main core is still youngish so they could prove here to be a new consistent contender over the next few years.

Stepan and McD need new contracts after next season, then we get into lundqvist, Callahan, kreider ect.
Def have to keep our eyes on the future in regards to that, and a longer term 35+ contract def hampers that, especially if they want to be in contention year in and year out.

Honestly, the Rangers have had excellent cap management over the past few years. I really don't worry about it, they'll get done what they need to.

This sounds like the exhibit I saw last year in Seattle. Hope it comes to Vancouver.

Went to that in Montreal last month as part of a work thing. It was alright. You end up making a character sort of like in SWTOR and then see yours and a dozen others on the wall at once. The disturbing part, of course, is that you can choose Ewok - of course with kids that means you are going to see a *ton* of Ewok Starfighter pilots and Ewok Jedi Masters/Sith Lords...

Heretic

So we just had two earthquakes in less than 24 hours. A 4.4 and a 4.5 both with Yorba Linda as the epicenter. I'm taking this as a sign that the hockey season will start on time!

calder

Byfuglien landed in LA?

My brother is unworried and says that Buff's fatness is actually like Samson's flowing hair. I'm trying to cling to the believe that he always plumps up a lot in the summer but somehow gets down to decent-ish shape for training camp, like last year when people said he was a blimp but then camp opened and he was fine.

*fingerscrossed*

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My brother is unworried and says that Buff's fatness is actually like Samson's flowing hair. I'm trying to cling to the believe that he always plumps up a lot in the summer but somehow gets down to decent-ish shape for training camp, like last year when people said he was a blimp but then camp opened and he was fine.

*fingerscrossed*

53 points in 63 games ain't too flabby....i meant shabby >_<

Cactus

Banned
I wouldn't worry too much about Byfuglien. Hockey fans comment about his weight every summer, but he usually weighs in close to his previous weight at training camp. I think he's just a really big guy who might look obese depending on the angle he's photographed from.

fallout

*fingerscrossed*
I dunno, according to this, he was under 269 at the start of last year. I think a lot of it came up because of the rumoured 286 after the boating thing last summer.

Heretic

For those of you that recommended Chrome:

How do I get the NeoGAF Live Thread extension to work? It's the one that's supposed to automatically update the thread with new post. Doesn't seem like it's working.

Quick

Banned
I just installed the iOS 6 beta on my phone. I asked Siri when the Leafs last won the Cup.

"Sorry, I can only tell you recent Stanley Cup champions."

Siri pls.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just installed the iOS 6 beta on my phone. I asked Siri when the Leafs last won the Cup.

"Sorry, I can only tell you recent Stanley Cup champions."

Siri pls.
ibuh61HGM91oNw.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks for the tips acid, I'll make sure to check out the restaurant, not sure if we'll have time for the exhibit... Still looking on food places/attractions/places to go in montreal around september 1st! :)

Also, "True Broadcast Camera" looks interesting. If it plays well and i don't get too confused, it'd be an awesome "just like real" feeling.

Schneider in net on an EA promo. So surreal.

NHL13 is looking better and better each announcement. Cannot wait.

Was subjected to watching Olympic basketball today because Australia was actually playing. Got slaughtered by the USA of course, but managed to hold our own pretty well. But seriously, NBA guys get the fucking Olympics during their offseason and we have to hold our Olympics halfway through the Hockey season? So unfair.

Quick

Banned
That was actually pretty impressive. Not that I used it a lot, but I'm hoping they keep Heinz Field from 2011 on it as an option for the Winter Classic.

And having played NHL 12 consistently throughout the season, there's one big thing EA really needed to work on: graphics. So many little things screwed up, like Calgary's shoulder patches not aligned to the stitched area they put on the jersey itself, the Blackhawks Winter Classic/Alternate jersey C and A letters vanishing into the players' armpits, the Panthers jerseys numbers in general, and small bits here and there. Bothers the shit out of me despite it being minuscule errors.

jred2k

For those of you that recommended Chrome:

How do I get the NeoGAF Live Thread extension to work? It's the one that's supposed to automatically update the thread with new post. Doesn't seem like it's working.

There is an icon just under the page count you have to click. You have to do that in each thread you wan to start live update in. Its not that useful unless you leave tabs open for a long time, or if the thread is moving fast.

wjyr7.jpg

Smiley90

Hmm.. Maybe I'll get it this time.. skipped NHL 12..

Do it and join our Online GM Connected league, there's still spots! Once Marvie is unbanned we'll have more info and can hopefully get the fantasy drafts for GM connected and a yahoo (?) fantasy league going.

Playing GM Mode in NHL 12, picked fantasy draft. Managed to pick up a lot of top tier prospects in the late rounds.

I decided to go centers and dmen first, so I managed to nab Stamkos, Richards, Oshi and Zonopka, with Boyle, Seabrook, Garrison, Bieksa, Mitchell and Gubranson on D. Wingers are a bit more iffy, and goaltending... ehhhhhhh.

Playing GM Mode in NHL 12, picked fantasy draft. Managed to pick up a lot of top tier prospects in the late rounds.

I decided to go centers and dmen first, so I managed to nab Stamkos, Richards, Oshi and Zonopka, with Boyle, Seabrook, Garrison, Bieksa, Mitchell and Gubranson on D. Wingers are a bit more iffy, and goaltending... ehhhhhhh.

Got Bryz huh?

Smiley90

Wow EA, you guys have actually seemed to impress me with the presentation this year. It is the one thing I always thought you lacked with the NHL games compared to the old NHL ESPN 2K games.

The best clip is the one where one of the Islanders takes a one-timer (at around 0:45 in), looks amazing oO. But yeah, I'm excited. All the hockey we'll get for a year!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
october - "fuck EA, im never buying another one of their piece of shit 60$ updates"
august - "damn this shit looks hot, definitely gonna pick it up"

Smiley90

The GAF Online GM mode is going to be fun, can't wait for that.

We better set it up so it's like 1 season per month (in a purely simulated league, maybe slower/less games per season in a play-league), so we can get some seasons and re-signing stages in. If we just get through a few years all the cap-hits from rookies going UFA etc won't have much effect.

Top Bottom