• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

So apparently Jameson has the investors to buy the coyotes? I've never seen a person work harder to acquire a worthless money-pit of an asset.

What's his pitch to these investors?

"hey guys, do you HATE making money?"

Here is the updated list, though we have to wait until Marvie is back since he has the official post with the list in it. But for now I'll keep this temporary one available since we seemed to have added four people within the day.

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey - SCHUEY F1                                   Chicago - wsoxfan1214
New York Islanders - Delryk                              Columbus - Dastardly Jerks
New York Rangers - Milly79                               Detroit - LukeSmith
Philadelphia - Coldplay619                               Nashville - sefskillz
Pittsburgh - Sanjuro Tsubaki                             St. Louis - TheVisualizer

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston - MacAttack                                       Calgary - brucewaynegretzky
Buffalo - CCF23                                          Colorado - 19 & 21
Montreal - Red_Man                                       Edmonton - Smiley90
Ottawa -  Cake Boss                                      Minnesota - Marvie_3
Toronto - ACES11                                         Vancouver - Socreges

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina - littleworm                                    Anaheim - BigJonsson
Florida -  Merguson                                      Dallas - Rafa=FedKilla
Tampa Bay - CrazedArabMan                                Los Angeles - yodathesoda
Washington - LiveWire                                    Quebec City - Giard
Winnipeg - SpectreFire                                   San Jose - Revenant

Also Sanjuro Tsubaki wanted an Atlantic team but the only one left is the Pens, so hopefully when he comes back from his ban that will be fine for him. But with that said, the league is filled up now.

Quick

Banned
So apparently Jameson has the investors to buy the coyotes? I've never seen a person work harder to acquire a worthless money-pit of an asset.

What's his pitch to these investors?

"hey guys, do you HATE making money?"

"Here's how it's going to work: you're going to toss bags of money in this pit, and I'll light it on fire. It'll burn slowly, so you can watch it as it all turns to ashes."

"Damn fine idea, Jameson! Here you go!"

"Here's how it's going to work: you're going to toss bags of money in this pit, and I'll light it on fire. It'll burn slowly, so you can watch it as it all turns to ashes."

"Damn fine idea, Jameson! Here you go!"

"How much do you need? $20 Million? Here, take $200 mill. Just let my family go!"

Heretic

SaltTypes4.jpg

@KatieStrangESPN: #CBA Bettman:"Time is getting short and the owners are not prepared to operate under this collective bargaining agreement for another ssn"

Saw someone say it on twitter - this will be the third lockout of Bettman's tenure. That should say all it needs to.

Quick

Banned
But BWG said they were going to play the year under the old CBA. The second the players hired Fehr I knew this was going to happen.

As far as I know, the league said they're prepared to operate under the old CBA, but that was from a few months ago. Plenty of things could've happened behind-the-scenes since. I do wish that that's how they'll go about it, though. I'll go insane without NHL hockey.

The last lockout sucked so much. I am already really missing hockey. I watched the Broad Street Bullies special on HBO last night. It was really good.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone else counting how many penalty shots for Japan are NOT called? I'm counting 2 so far.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Today in Woman's soccer, or also "let's just let her walk and walk and walk and even shoot who cares"

No but I'm going to start counting all the salty, crying Canadians in this thread!

My country doesn't even have a team there :(

Socreges

Banned
No but I'm going to start counting all the salty, crying Canadians in this thread!
Smiley isn't even Canadian. And the Olympics thread similarly had a shit ton of people from other countries shocked by the officiating. US doesn't deserve to be in this final - at least they're nice to look at.

Morgan <3

Smiley isn't even Canadian. And the Olympics thread similarly had a shit ton of people from other countries shocked by the officiating. US doesn't deserve to be in this final - at least they're nice to look at.

Morgan <3

Pretty much the only reason I caught a few matches of women's beach volleyball.

Revenant

Morgan <3

people can have their tears and opinions. We'll take the gold. We'll just put it on the pile with the other medals.

Pretty much the only reason I caught a few matches of women's beach volleyball.

You can't go wrong with beach volleyball

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
people can have their tears and opinions. We'll take the gold. We'll just put it on the pile with the other medals.

You can't go wrong with beach volleyball

Its not even special anymore when you got that many medals :p

would love to be in first

Apparently a good deal of Canadians in here do seem to care about OLYMPICS WOMAN'S SOCCER enough to warrant all this bitching and moaning.

1) We do care about beating the US.
2) BS reffing brings out the pissing and moaning from anyone/anytime. Just look at this thread during the season
3) An Olympic medal is an Olympic medal, whether it's Hockey, Women's Soccer or dressage.

So yeah we care, and no one should be surprised.

Socreges

Banned
I mean all the bitching and moaning, and all that that encompasses.
K. I'm not seeing it. There was definitely some on Sunday, though. Normally what you get from fans when a game is decided by a ref, no? But I get the impression that the defensive USAians in here either didn't even watch the game or don't understand the rules of soccer, so empathy would be difficult.

You guys are acting like the call that led to the goal decided the game. It didn't. The 4th one they let up in extra time did.

How do you know the US wouldn't have tied it up anyways? The Canadians already blew 2 leads.

This is getting into Buckner/Bartman territory.

Revenant

K. I'm not seeing it. There was definitely some on Sunday, though. Normally what you get from fans when a game is decided by a ref, no? But I get the impression that the defensive USAians in here either didn't even watch the game or don't understand the rules of soccer, so empathy would be difficult.

Don't talk down to me brah. I know the rules.

1. Score more than opponent
2. Ragdoll if an opposing player does so much as look at you within 5 feet.
3. Someone's mom is supposed to bring orange slices at halftime.

But BWG said they were going to play the year under the old CBA. The second the players hired Fehr I knew this was going to happen.

Fehr has nothing to do with this. Bettman and the owners are being tools. Fehr offered to keep negotiations open while playing under the old agreement.

I'm still not sold on a lockout.

You guys are acting like the call that led to the goal decided the game. It didn't. The 4th one they let up in extra time did.

How do you know the US wouldn't have tied it up anyways? The Canadians already blew 2 leads.

Maybe, maybe not. It was still bullshit.

It's no different than Lampard's disallowed goal in the 2010 World Cup.

Fehr has nothing to do with this. Bettman and the owners are being tools. Fehr offered to keep negotiations open while playing under the old agreement.

Owners lose a huge bargaining chip if they play under the old system, locking out the players is their leverage.

Not to mention they lose money(if there's a lockout, they don't have to pay the players).

Plus the players can just go on strike if they feel like it, like they did in 1992 when they continued playing long after the CBA expired at the start of the season in 1991.

So yeah not gonna happen.

Acid08

Banned

Soc keeps it calm yet the immense amounts of salt are always obvious.

Socreges

Banned
Don't talk down to me brah. I know the rules.

1. Score more than opponent
2. Ragdoll if an opposing player does so much as look at you within 5 feet.
3. Someone's mom is supposed to bring orange slices at halftime.
Damn straight. Without my orange slices I get tuckered out pretty quickly.

This is an extremely weak argument. Wambach's PK was in the 80th minute to send it to extra time. If it had never happened, the US would have had to score another goal. Maybe they would have. Maybe Canada would have gone up 4-2 and put it to bed. All irrelevant.

We're only "acting like" the US got a goal that they shouldn't have (requiring two poor calls), not to mention a handball by a US defender that should have led to a PK for Canada. If you want to argue 'Maybe they would have won anyway!', then go ahead. Pretty weak defense, though.

Damn straight. Without my orange slices I get tuckered out pretty quickly.

This is an extremely weak argument. Wambach's PK was in the 80th minute to send it to extra time. If it had never happened, the US would have had to score another goal. Maybe they would have. Maybe Canada would have gone up 4-2 and put it to bed. All irrelevant.

We're only "acting like" the US got a goal that they shouldn't have (requiring two poor calls), not to mention a handball by a US defender that should have led to a PK for Canada. If you want to argue 'Maybe they would have won anyway!', then go ahead. Pretty weak defense, though.

Maybe a dragon comes down and eats all the Canadian players

Maybe wambach's mother never met her father and made her

Maybe I go back in time, step on a butterfly and soccer is never invented

Or maybe the Canadians wipe the tears from their eyes, don't let in a 4th goal then they don't lose.

In reality, the Canadians gave up the 4th one, the game deciding one, and lost.

Top Bottom