• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Alucard

Banned
'Nite, boys.
1853_1344480201.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I fucking suck at clubbing.

Remember, if your club gets bloody, always wash it off before going outside again.

On the bright side, Paul Ryan eh. I love it. LOVE IT. If it wasn't obvious Obama was gonna win before, now it's pretty much guaranteed.

You have a presidential candidate who describes campaigning as an etch-a-sketch, who ties dogs on top of cars, who flipflops on EVERYTHING, who pays 15% taxes (or less, we don't know because he refuses to show his tax files) as a millionaire and who gives 0 shits about the problems most poor/middle-class americans are having.

And now you have a VP who wants to cut ALL funding, including 30% to medicare, replace social security/pensions with vouchers, who wants to cut funding to community programs for women/poor/children, for public safety programs that fund firefighters/policemen and who wants to cut funding for education and all kinds of grants for the poor to go to college.

Yep, dis gun b good.

EDIT: Can't wait to see Tim Thomas's reaction to this.

Remember, if your club gets bloody, always wash it off before going outside again.

On the bright side, Paul Ryan eh. I love it. LOVE IT. If it wasn't obvious Obama was gonna win before, now it's pretty much guaranteed.

You have a presidential candidate who describes campaigning as an etch-a-sketch, who ties dogs on top of cars, who flipflops on EVERYTHING, who pays 15% taxes (or less, we don't know because he refuses to show his tax files) as a millionaire and who gives 0 shits about the problems most poor/middle-class americans are having.

And now you have a VP who wants to cut ALL funding, including 30% to medicare, replace social security/pensions with vouchers, who wants to cut funding to community programs for women/poor/children, for public safety programs that fund firefighters/policemen and who wants to cut funding for education and all kinds of grants for the poor to go to college.

Yep, dis gun b good.

Thomas' reaction: I'm disappointed ole' Mitt didn't call me up and ask me. This is clearly a sign that America is falling apart.

Tabris

Want to hear the most dreadful news? There is a small possibility I may move to Boston over the next couple of years due to work. I'm hoping I won't need to but there's the possibility of a lot of money if I work in Boston depending on how things go down in my company over the next 1-2 years.

So I may just need to enact what's in the link in my tag.

Marvie_3

Banned
AHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU MARVIE

How about those Phoenix Coyotes, Marvie!?

Lisa Halverstadt ‏@LisaHalverstadt
#NHL No. 2 Bill Daly tells me the #Coyotes sale process is continuing

iUM0UVouMWxxb.gif

Halverstadt is a lot more reliable than some blog that contains vague nonsense like this:
At this point we do not have a definitive time table, although we have heard that the announcement won't be made until later, probably closer to the Coyotes training camp.

A deal to sell the Coyotes has been a "done" deal several times before. Pardon me for waiting for a credible source.

Yep, dis gun b good.

Paul Ryan is actively offensive. Romney I disagree with. Ryan I really fucking hate. He is just living proof that the standard for "policy guru" is incredibly ridiculous on the right. I would love to just sit down with him for 30 minutes and talk on camera. Somehow though he's become part of the right's "intelligencia" despite never once having to explain the rationale behind his policies. I think the part that bothers me the most is the right is notorious for saying things like "work hard and you'll succeed," but Ryan was the guy who quantified those ridiculous platitudes into policy numbers and no one looked at the numbers and was like "Yeah, these are stupid."

LaUWt.gif

Want to hear the most dreadful news? There is a small possibility I may move to Boston over the next couple of years due to work. I'm hoping I won't need to but there's the possibility of a lot of money if I work in Boston depending on how things go down in my company over the next 1-2 years.

So I may just need to enact what's in the link in my tag.

At least you'll finally be living in a Stanley Cup winning city.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Tabris is going to miss the Canucks cup parade 2012/2013 after moving to Boston, am I right, guys ? ;)

AMIDOINGTHISRIGHT :p

Marvie_3

Banned
As far as the GM Connected Leagues go for NHL 13, we're going to do 2 different leagues. One simmed and one playable(shortened schedules). Here are the people we've got so far on Xbox 360. Let me know which league you want to be in or if you want to switch to a different team.

Sim League

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey - SCHUEY F1                                   Chicago - wsoxfan1214
New York Islanders - Delryk                              Columbus - Dastardly Jerks
New York Rangers - Milly79                               Detroit - LukeSmith
Philadelphia - Coldplay619                               Nashville - sefskillz
Pittsburgh - Sanjuro Tsubaki                             St. Louis - TheVisualizer

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston - MacAttack                                       Calgary - brucewaynegretzky
Buffalo - CCF23                                          Colorado - 19 & 21
Montreal - Red_Man                                        Edmonton - Smiley90
Ottawa -  Cake Boss                                      Minnesota - Marvie_3
Toronto - ACES11                                         Vancouver - Socreges

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina - littleworm                                    Anaheim - BigJonsson
Florida - Merguson                                       Dallas - Rafa=FedKilla
Tampa Bay - CrazedArabMan                                Los Angeles - yodathesoda
Washington - LiveWire                                    Phoenix - Giard
Winnipeg - SpectreFire                                   San Jose - Revenant

Versus League

Code:

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - 
New York Islanders -                                     Columbus - 
New York Rangers -                                       Detroit - 
Philadelphia -                                           Nashville - 
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - 

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston -                                                 Calgary - 
Buffalo -                                                Colorado -  
Montreal - Red_Man                                       Edmonton - 
Ottawa -                                                 Minnesota - 
Toronto - BigJonsson                                     Vancouver - 

Carolina -                                               Anaheim -  
Florida -                                                Dallas -   
Tampa Bay -                                              Los Angeles -  
Washington -                                             Phoenix -  
Winnipeg -                                               San Jose -

We also need a few people besides myself to help run the leagues and a few people to run the PS3 league(s) if there is enough interest.

Red Wings for versus league!

I might be able to help run a league, it all just depends on how busy I might be within the next few jobs if this contract job I have starts up here.

Smiley90

Red Wings for versus league!

I might be able to help run a league, it all just depends on how busy I might be within the next few jobs if this contract job I have starts up here.

We're gonna randomize for the versus league as well, right? And still allow for trades&stuff, so everything like the regular GM league but scheduling& that we actually play (most of the) games?

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I'll get NHL13 but I'm on PS3. Anyone else?

These so far:

PLAYSTATION 3

Code:

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - 
New York Islanders -                                     Columbus - 
New York Rangers -                                       Detroit - 
Philadelphia -                                           Nashville - 
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - 

Boston -                                                 Calgary - 
Buffalo -                                                Colorado - 
Montreal -                                               Edmonton - 
Ottawa -                                                 Minnesota - 
Toronto -                                                Vancouver - NetMapel

Carolina -                                               Anaheim - 
Florida - Dubbedinenglish                                Dallas - 
Tampa Bay -                                              Los Angeles - 
Washington -                                             Quebec City - 
Winnipeg -                                               San Jose - Acid08

Tabris

Tabris is going to miss the Canucks cup parade 2012/2013 after moving to Boston, am I right, guys ? ;)

AMIDOINGTHISRIGHT :p

Nope, I'll be here for the parade. I wouldn't be moving for a couple years. I'll take our joyous riot to Boston to take over the world. (Joke based on tag)

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
We also need a few people besides myself to help run the leagues and a few people to run the PS3 league(s) if there is enough interest.
what are you thinking it terms of this 'helping' to run the league? is it just a matter of starting it or is there going to be other shit involved

and im good with preds/sim league. thanks!

Marvie_3

Banned
what are you thinking it terms of this 'helping' to run the league? is it just a matter of starting it or is there going to be other shit involved

and im good with preds/sim league. thanks!
Trade approvals, etc. Not sure if the game is going to allow for multiple "commissioners" but having a few people in charge might help things run smoothly.

Smiley90

Trade approvals, etc. Not sure if the game is going to allow for multiple "commissioners" but having a few people in charge might help things run smoothly.

from the NHL13 website:

GM Connected: What’s your Role?

Users will be able to choose between one of three roles within the league, each one giving them a different way to experience the league:

The Commissioner

Each league will have one Commissioner. The Commissioner will also run a franchise in the league.

[bolding by me]

so... I don't think so... :/ So I don't really know what you could have other people do, since only the commissioner can sim and approve/decline stuff... :/ You could have someone support you in your decisions to NOT allow sth I suppose? But ingame, technically, they'd still be just regular players.

Also, can I take the Islanders for the Versus league? kthx.

Marvie_3

Banned
from the NHL13 website:

GM Connected: What’s your Role?

Users will be able to choose between one of three roles within the league, each one giving them a different way to experience the league:

The Commissioner

Each league will have one Commissioner. The Commissioner will also run a franchise in the league.

[bolding by me]

so... I don't think so... :/ So I don't really know what you could have other people do, since only the commissioner can sim and approve/decline stuff... :/ You could have someone support you in your decisions to NOT allow sth I suppose? But ingame, technically, they'd still be just regular players.

Also, can I take the Islanders for the Versus league? kthx.
One commissioner kind of sucks. Would have been nice to have a few in case the main commissioner wasn't around to move the league ahead/approve trades/etc etc.

Top Bottom