• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We can have one commissioner in the game, and then create a separate community thread for the online GM mode, and that one commissioner has to discuss decisions and shit with 2 other guys we designate?

Also I'll do the sim league if that's what everyone is going to play. I'll just stick with whichever one will be more populated, doesn't particularly matter to me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We can have one commissioner in the game, and then create a separate community thread for the online GM mode, and that one commissioner has to discuss decisions and shit with 2 other guys we designate?

Also I'll do the sim league if that's what everyone is going to play. I'll just stick with whichever one will be more populated, doesn't particularly matter to me.

You can sign up for both if you want... Or do you mean you wanna Co-commission for the simmed one?

Red_Man

I guess I'll sign up for both, just don't know how many people feel like doing the versus one, and I can help co-commish, all I play is NHL / Halo, so I'll be sticking with it all year.

Marvie_3

Banned

That's what I had in mind with the multiple commish thing.

I'm almost done with the thread for the 360 GM Leagues.

You can sign up for both if you want... Or do you mean you wanna Co-commission for the simmed one?
Just stick to one league for now(the one you most want to play in) so we can accommodate as many players as possible. If we have open spots when the game comes out then we can have people in both.

The game lets you boot a commissioner if hes not keeping things going.
I meant if the commissioner is out of town for a few days for whatever reason. It'd be nice to have a couple others who could take care of things until they get back.

Smiley90

Just stick to one league for now(the one you most want to play in) so we can accommodate as many players as possible. If we have open spots when the game comes out then we can have people in both.

Fair enough, then I'm sticking to the simmed league. Not sure if I have enough time for the Versus league anyway...

Revenant

I meant if the commissioner is out of town for a few days for whatever reason. It'd be nice to have a couple others who could take care of things until they get back.

Hawks GAF is now back at full strength.

so is the sim league going to be full sim as far as games, including playoffs? so more of a management sim?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Want to hear the most dreadful news? There is a small possibility I may move to Boston over the next couple of years due to work. I'm hoping I won't need to but there's the possibility of a lot of money if I work in Boston depending on how things go down in my company over the next 1-2 years.

So I may just need to enact what's in the link in my tag.
Fuck no.

Marvie_3

Banned
ibormtu02UMxKH.gif

so is the sim league going to be full sim as far as games, including playoffs? so more of a management sim?

It'll be a full schedule including playoffs. I don't think it'd be a problem if a couple people wanted to play a game here or there but it's more for people who aren't into playing versus or don't have the time to play a lot of games.

The other league will be fully playable on a shortened schedule. Something along the lines of a 30 game schedule and 3 game playoff series?

Smiley90

I'm okay with calling it a management sim, think of the final argument in "who's the best armchair GM".

ibormtu02UMxKH.gif

It'll be a full schedule including playoffs. I don't think it'd be a problem if a couple people wanted to play a game here or there but it's more for people who aren't into playing versus or don't have the time to play a lot of games.

The other league will be fully playable on a shortened schedule. Something along the lines of a 30 game schedule and 3 game playoff series?

Do we know if we can do a shortened schedule for online play yet?

Marvie_3

Banned
Do we know if we can do a shortened schedule for online play yet?

Each league will have one Commissioner. The Commissioner will also run a franchise in the league.

The Commissioner creates the league, manages the invitations to the league and confirms join requests. The Commish also sets up the schedule of when the games are to be played and how long each round is. The commissioner can set each round to represent between 3 days and 2 weeks, allowing for more or less playable games per round.

Once the league is up and running the Commissioner’s job isn’t done. He is the one in control of moving the schedule forward in the league by advancing the league and simulating any games that have not been played to the next round of games. Just like the real NHL, all trades and free agent signings also have to be approved by the league, which in GM Connected falls to the Commissioner.
It doesn't specifically say it but you can in the offline GM mode and you could in the previous online leagues in NHL. It would really surprise me if you couldn't adjust the number of games.

The Commissioner is not all powerful. If he is abusing his power as Commissioner, the league’s GMs can vote to have him removed. The GM who initiates the vote, if successful, will then become Commissioner.
j7AVXdUTe1xz0.jpg

Don't remember where I saw this but I'm pretty sure theres no shortened schedule. You have to remember that they pretty much rewrote the franchise/gm mode stuff from scratch so that it would work both online and offline. Thats something that will probably come back in the future though.

Smiley90

Don't remember where I saw this but I'm pretty sure theres no shortened schedule. You have to remember that they pretty much rewrote the franchise/gm mode stuff from scratch so that it would work both online and offline. Thats something that will probably come back in the future though.

I'm pretty sure i remember reading that there IS the option for a shortened schedule.

So we'll have to see. ;)

It doesn't specifically say it but you can in the offline GM mode and you could in the previous online leagues in NHL. It would really surprise me if you couldn't adjust the number of games.

j7AVXdUTe1xz0.jpg

Hopefully you enjoy your one week of commissioner before you are impeached. :p

This is what I was afraid of, seeing as how they didn't even bother to put into shortened seasons for be-a-pro (which they seriously needed to do). Just the versus season may take longer and/or we decide that each team has to play a certain number of games and sim the others.

Marvie_3

Banned
Did some searching and it is only an 82 game schedule. Sounds like the playoffs are the only thing that is adjustable.

Gonna have to rethink how to go about a playable league.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I know it's late, but Marvie's back!

I'm pretty sure i remember reading that there IS the option for a shortened schedule.

So we'll have to see. ;)

http://www.examiner.com/article/nhl-13-introduces-the-largest-multi-universe-dynasty-known-to-man

You can play, manage, or coach your team throughout a full season. Note, that this will be a full season, as EA Canada has not elected to put in a shortened season, again. To help with this, you can now set a custom A.I. for your team for simulation purposes.

Marvie_3

Banned
Versus League could be set up in the same way as the Sim League, one season per month.

First 2 weeks of the month - everything up until the trade deadline
3rd week - end of the regular season
Last ~10 days of the month - playoffs & offseason

Obviously that doesn't leave time for every game to be played but there's plenty of time to get a lot of games in.

I know it's late, but Marvie's back!

THANKS FOR IGNORING ALL OF MY XBOX LIVE MESSAGES

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Versus League could be set up in the same way as the Sim League, one season per month.

First 2 weeks of the month - everything up until the trade deadline
3rd week - end of the regular season
Last ~10 days of the month - playoffs & offseason

Obviously that doesn't leave time for every game to be played but there's plenty of time to get a lot of games in.

THANKS FOR IGNORING ALL OF MY XBOX LIVE MESSAGES

Sorry--I wasn't ignoring. I just couldn't think of anything humorous to respond with. I thought your statement about you now owning 18% of the Coyotes was actually the truth and I didn't know how to respond to someone with that kind of power and influence.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I have a PS3 and will probably get the NHL13. How does this league thing works ? I would love to join as long as it is not too super time consuming. This will be my first time so that's why I'm asking noob questions, haha...

Guess I'll represent the Canucks for the PS3 version... ???

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry--I wasn't ignoring. I just couldn't think of anything humorous to respond with. I thought your statement about you now owning 18% of the Coyotes was actually the truth and I didn't know how to respond to someone with that kind of power and influence.
Kiss my Converse

rellix

As far as the GM Connected Leagues go for NHL 13, we're going to do 2 different leagues. One simmed and one playable(shortened schedules). Here are the people we've got so far on Xbox 360. Let me know which league you want to be in or if you want to switch to a different team.

i'd be interested in the sim league if any slots are still open. don't care what team.

Smiley90

Tampa Bay and Columbus are the only two open at the moment. Other teams will open up at some point though.

Yes, your knowledge of randomized rosters will certainly come in handy.

Really? I thought we filled up the league?

I'm not planning to be involved in any GAF leagues but I would suggest that perhaps allowing more than 1 player per team could be a way to keep things going.

Red_Man

I don't think many people want to share team, just will make it more difficult to manage imo. Just set up two leagues if there's that much interest. Just people shouldn't be signing up if they're only going to play a month and then ditch when someone could have had their spot.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nah, I'll just stick with the sim one, don't know if I would even have enough time to play the games needed for the versus season so I'll just play it safe.

Alright, fuck it. We'll start with one league + a waiting list. If we get enough interest in the next month we'll set up a second league. :lol

Top Bottom