• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I do have an uncle who lived in Columbus but moved to Colorado but is still a Blue Jackets fan... So they do exist.

I read that Columbus would be a good market if they didn't have the most incompetent management running the team.

I mean you look at their history, it's amazing that anyone buys tickets for such a shitty product.

Nah, most Rangers fans are arrogant. Why? I have clue.

Every been to a Rangers-Devils game at the Prudential Center? You'd be ashamed.

Not really. I like it when the opposing team's fans are louder than the home crowd.

Get the chip off your shoulder.

Devil's fans are the hipsters of NHL fans.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How many times have the announcers said "because of, anticipation" during this stream so far?

Oh god I remember. Why.

How's the stream? I wanna hear Marvie's/Red's opinion! :p

I'm liking this new GAF rivalry, I just hope both parties can keep it up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh god I remember. Why.

How's the stream? I wanna hear Marvie's/Red's opinion! :p

I'm liking this new GAF rivalry, I just hope both parties can keep it up.
I'm not watching, with a lockout I have no choice but to buy it.

Wow... Really?
He kept putting out these stupid deadlines that he had absolutely no attentions of keeping. If he wants to stay in Phoenix, then just fucking sign there and stop making a huge drama out of it.

Coupled with his ridiculous demands of 4 years and 6 million per... fuck him.

Socreges

Banned
He kept putting out these stupid deadlines that he had absolutely no attentions of keeping. If he wants to stay in Phoenix, then just fucking sign there and stop making a huge drama out of it.

Wasn't it just one deadline?

With the Phoenix situation unresolved and the chance of a lockout, I can understand why he wants to take his time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

m3r8u.jpg

No reason for him to hurry with the Phoenix situation + the inevitable lockout.

edit: what Socreges said, but with a picture

I thought those who had the EA season pass would get early access to the demo as well and not just games?

note: I did not waste any money on an EA season pass, just a question.

Solo

Call me crazy but I can't in good conscious call a 6 year, $4.75M deal for a 30 year old guy whose career best is 67 points (which was this most recent year, so there is that) when Montreal just signed a 23 year old to a 6 year, $4.5M deal who just put up 65 points and hasn't even approached his peak yet.

I realize that Hartnell has intangibles, but that still seems high to me. Maybe a good deal for say 2 years....but what about when he's 35?

JABEE

Call me crazy but I can't in good conscious call a 6 year, $4.75M deal for a 30 year old guy whose career best is 67 points (which was this most recent year, so there is that) when Montreal just signed a 23 year old to a 6 year, $4.5M deal who just put up 65 points and hasn't even approached his peak yet.

I realize that Hartnell has intangibles, but that still seems high to me. Maybe a good deal for say 2 years....but what about when he's 35?

The Flyers bought out 6 UFA years. Montreal still had RFA years of control with Patch.

Solo

The Flyers bought out 6 UFA years. Montreal still had RFA years of control with Patch.

They did, but I don't see how that's really relevant. Max could have just signed a 2 year deal if that was all he was after, then gone UFA for even bigger cash. Nobody forced him to sign that Montreal-friendly deal.

Slurmer

Banned

Dion phaneuf is that you?

Anyways, you acknowledge it in your own post, but there's intangibles to account for in addition to his stats. They're also obviously banking on him playing next to giroux for the foreseeable future, which can't hurt his numbers.

The Pacioretty deal is a great one no doubt, but it doesn't make this deal lol-worthy.

Solo

Dion phaneuf is that you?

Anyways, you acknowledge it in your own post, but there's intangibles to account for in addition to his stats. They're also obviously banking on him playing next to giroux for the foreseeable future, which can't hurt his numbers.

The Pacioretty deal is a great one no doubt, but it doesn't make this deal lol-worthy.

I guess to me its not the $$$, it's the term. The way Hartnell plays I can't see him having a lot to offer at 36. But we'll see.

Panthers cancel their rookie camp/ tourney. Would've also hosted the Bolts and Canes.

Fucking lockout. Panthers make the 'yoffs, look good to follow up last years success and based Huberdeau..... NOPE lockout time.

Seguin

Banned

Hasn't peaked yet? Most goal scorers have their best years around the ages of 22-24

Top Bottom