• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

MacAttack

EA Player ratings are fun to analyze but on a list of things that I'm concerned about in NHL 13 it ranks pretty low.

Give me a defenseman who is more than a pylon/ won't dump the puck on penalty kill with 2 minutes left and down a goal or pin himself against the endboards without a forechecker in the vicinity.

And give me a goaltender who can hold the post.

To name a few...

Marvie_3

Banned
EA Player ratings are fun to analyze but on a list of things that I'm concerned about in NHL 13 it ranks pretty low.

Give me a defenseman who is more than a pylon/ won't dump the puck on penalty kill with 2 minutes left and down a goal or pin himself against the endboards without a forechecker in the vicinity.

And give me a goaltender who can hold the post.

it's nice to want things

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie and I brought some life into this bitch.
ibiZ6XWrlu5FZi.gif

Since we're dreaming here, how about a giant cock for a head on every player with a player name that involves sexual innuendo or racist bullshit only a 5th grader could appreciate.
Sounds like the EASHL already.

ShaneB

Time for a Shark logo redesign. Nobody is buying the merchandise anymore!

Seriously though, how do you lose money with sell-outs all season?

Turns out two extra rounds in the playoffs makes a ton of money! Who would have thunk it rite?

I imagine most teams are like that if they spend to the cap.

I know the Sens owner said that a few years ago, that if you spend to the cap, you need to make it to the 2nd round to break even. Probably worse now with the cap going up.

So don't spend to the cap unless you're confident you can go deep and you can handle the losses if you miss.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have no problem with anti-choice people being proactive, but a family-oriented camping ground probably isn't the most appropriate venue. Where was this exactly?

*paging Crazed*

We were camping near Lynden, Washington State. But no idea where the campers with the T-shirts were from. Was playing minigolf with my gf and her little cousins and... Yeah. I mean, imagine I'd walk around with a "God killed xxxxxxxxxxxxx people in the bible, Satan killed y" shirt or stuff like that. If you're anti-choice and don't want to support abortion, don't support it, but leave us civilized people living in the 21st century and just wanting to enjoy our vacation alone. If my gf didn't hold
me back I would've soooooooooooooo said something.

You just don't really see stuff like that in BC, because it's so pro-choice/liberal (I'm aware of the caravan, but that's about it), and I'd always only heard of things like that from more religious states/bible belt.... Not from Washington oO. But I guess I don't know where the other campers were from.... But then the signs were just along the road. Now I wonder how many/what kind of signs there are in more religious states oO.

Why Minnesota Marvie, don't you live in Illinois?

I went to undergrad in DC. My school used to house March for Life-ers at our school every year. They wore some of the most gruesome t-shirts I've ever seen. Lots of pictures of aborted fetuses. The kids wore shirts like "I'm glad mommy didn't abort me." One day my buddy was walking past them in the rain and one woman goes, "Look it's the tears of all the children we failed to save." They were also predominantly fat, slow, and blocked the sidewalks. I hate pro-lifers, and not even predominantly for their hateful views anymore. Actually I've found that living in DC has made me hate conservatives more because on the whole they're just fatter, slower, and can't fucking figure out how to use mass transit. You can tell when they're here because they like to make sure they plaster their views on their shirts so everyone can see that they're assholes.

Wow. I already get angry over this "Religious Freedom means getting to tell other people to stop doing something you personally disagree with" shit if it's only signs and a t-shirt with numbers, but if they HONESTLY did all the things you just described... Just wow. I'd get furious every time I saw them. Wow. No idea how I'd react. Fundies/conservative ignorance/selfishness are amongst the only things that can make me ridiculously angry.

Cake Boss

Banned

I know the Sens owner said that a few years ago, that if you spend to the cap, you need to make it to the 2nd round to break even. Probably worse now with the cap going up.

So don't spend to the cap unless you're confident you can go deep and you can handle the losses if you miss.

Except for the cap floor is basically what the cap ceiling was 4 years ago. Around 50-54MIL

Acid08

Banned

Yeah, I expected a financial loss for the owners. First round exit after back to back WCF trips hurts the entire organization. I do love that we sold out every home game though, we have passionate hockey fans out here.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
And yet they only have Howard as an 84 and Monster at a 77. :/
I'm fine with how they've rated the Wings so far. Howard isn't a superstar goalie and probably will never be. In EA terms, the highest I think he'd ever get to is an 86 or 87. Monster is fine at 77, he's a backup and probably always will be.

Osorio

Rangers have too many people watching already they don't need me to jinx it up.

Mhm, the 1st place Rangers couldn't beat the mediocre Knicks in ratings.

Rangers fans wouldn't be so bad if they didn't think of themselves as the Yankees of the NHL. In actuality they're more like the White Sox.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Rangers fans wouldn't be so bad if they didn't think of themselves as the Yankees of the NHL. In actuality they're more like the White Sox.

I appreciate your effort, but isn't this like te 4th time you guys are having this discussion now? Save some material for the start of the season! Esp if that's in 2013...

Osorio

I appreciate your effort, but isn't this like te 4th time you guys are having this discussion now? Save some material for the start of the season! Esp if that's in 2013...

They're the ones that won't shut up about it. I'm just here to let 'em know their teams are losers.

Heretic

I went to undergrad in DC. My school used to house March for Life-ers at our school every year. They wore some of the most gruesome t-shirts I've ever seen. Lots of pictures of aborted fetuses. The kids wore shirts like "I'm glad mommy didn't abort me." One day my buddy was walking past them in the rain and one woman goes, "Look it's the tears of all the children we failed to save." They were also predominantly fat, slow, and blocked the sidewalks. I hate pro-lifers, and not even predominantly for their hateful views anymore. Actually I've found that living in DC has made me hate conservatives more because on the whole they're just fatter, slower, and can't fucking figure out how to use mass transit. You can tell when they're here because they like to make sure they plaster their views on their shirts so everyone can see that they're assholes.

Ha! I've seen similar shirts that say "I'm glad mommy didn't swallow" or something along those lines.

My take on the whole abortion debate: I was pro-life (from what I remember) up until The Great Scare of '02. Then I was open to it. Now I just don't care. Hypocrisy at its best =)

In NHL News: Deslaurier should give Fasth a run for his money for back up. I've liked him since last pre-season and he looked pretty good this year.

Duh, that's not news. Knicks will ALWAYS beat the Rangers in this town. That's just how it goes. It's not a commentary on Rangers fans.

No Rangers fan think of themselves as the Yankees, they don't win enough.

Osorio

Duh, that's not news. Knicks will ALWAYS beat the Rangers in this town. That's just how it goes. It's not a commentary on Rangers fans.

No Rangers fan think of themselves as the Yankees, they don't win enough.

Nah, most Rangers fans are arrogant. Why? I have clue.

Every been to a Rangers-Devils game at the Prudential Center? You'd be ashamed.

Top Bottom