• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cake Boss

Banned
A lockout would suck but I will just end up watching the AHL streams even though they look like an elephants ass.

Mike Fisher resigns 8.4 for 2 years lol.

iLLmAtlc

Call me crazy but I can't in good conscious call a 6 year, $4.75M deal for a 30 year old guy whose career best is 67 points (which was this most recent year, so there is that) when Montreal just signed a 23 year old to a 6 year, $4.5M deal who just put up 65 points and hasn't even approached his peak yet.

I realize that Hartnell has intangibles, but that still seems high to me. Maybe a good deal for say 2 years....but what about when he's 35?

C'mon bro everyone knows Philly signs guys so they could trade him within a year or 2.

OnPoint

Nah, most Rangers fans are arrogant. Why? I have clue.

Every been to a Rangers-Devils game at the Prudential Center? You'd be ashamed.

To be fair I don't know that most Devils fans have been to a game at the Prudential Center, if attendance is any indication.

Socreges

Banned
2x06-The-Fight-Animated-gif-the-office-8680316-325-188.gif

Osorio

You're going to have to try harder, you don't realize the personalities we have had in here.

In due time, in due time.

I'm still waiting for these personalities to pop up because these Rangers and Flyers fans trying to rib on me are stale as fuck.

Attendance? Really?

OnPoint

I've been to Devils games which means there's more Devils fans off the bat than Buffalo championships in any sport.

I could pull out the fact that the Bills won the championship in their league multiple times before joining the NFL, and the fact that the Bandits have won multiple lacrosse championships, but if we're talking the four, modern big leagues, then sure, you're right.

Still doesn't change that my city has a rabid and loyal fanbase who will go nuts when we do win a Cup or Super Bowl, while games your team plays are prescribed by doctors to insomnia patients, who by the way, number in greater quantity than your brethren.

Wide right. Brett Hull. Music City Miracle. I get it. We'll get there someday. But nobody will ever care about the Devils.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I'm still waiting for these personalities to pop up because these Rangers and Flyers fans trying to rib on me are stale as fuck.

Attendance? Really?
Give it time, nothing going on to give them ammo.

OnPoint

Double post!

Attendance? Really?

I don't hate you, I haven't seen enough of you yet to make an opinion. Who knows, maybe I'l like you.

But I do hate your team.

Also, way to call out stale ribs while dusting off the ol' Buffalo has never won. Hypocrite lol

Osorio

I could pull out the fact that the Bills won the championship in their league multiple times before joining the NFL, and the fact that the Bandits have won multiple lacrosse championships, but if we're talking the four, modern big leagues, then sure, you're right.

Still doesn't change that my city has a rabid and loyal fanbase who will go nuts when we do win a Cup or Super Bowl, while games your team plays are prescribed by doctors to insomnia patients, who by the way, number in greater quantity than your brethren.

Wide right. Brett Hull. Music City Miracle. I get it. We'll get there someday. But nobody will ever care about the Devils.

You guys have a rabid fanbase because let's be real. There's nothing to do in Buffalo. Even then the Sabres only get about 15,000 more households per game than the Devils. What a joke. There's only one other team competing in the whole area.

You can say nobody cares about the Devils but we've had 3 victory parades and people were there. What the fuck has Buffalo ever had? That Bills kicker crying at city hall? LOL

Osorio

And you guys really don't watch the Devils. We haven't played the trap in a while. Unless forechecking heavily is the new trap. Did I miss the memo?

If anything the Rangers are boring as fuck with their 5 goalie system. Nobody calls them out.

OnPoint

You guys have a rabid fanbase because let's be real. There's nothing to do in Buffalo. Even then the Sabres only get about 15,000 more households per game than the Devils. What a joke. There's only one other team competing in the whole area.

You can say nobody cares about the Devils but we've had 3 victory parades and people were there. What the fuck has Buffalo ever had? That Bills kicker crying at city hall? LOL

15,000 households plus the crowd that sells the game out. Then there's the great ratings of national games that sometimes out-rank the cities of the teams that are actually playing the games. I'm proud of our fanbase and our love for sports. You can try to bring it down all you want, but it's nothing but a positive.

But now we're actually attacking the cities in which we live. And you've spoken like someone who has never actually been to Buffalo. Your ignorance has been noted -- have fun on here, NHL-GAF is going to eat you alive.

Osorio

15,000 households plus the crowd that sells the game out. Then there's the great ratings of national games that sometimes out-rank the cities of the teams that are actually playing the games.

But now we're actually attacking the cities. And you've spoken like someone who has never actually been to Buffalo. Your ignorance has been noted -- have fun on here, NHL-GAF is going to eat you alive.

The attendance difference is 3,154 per game many of which are season ticket holders. RABID.

I have been to Buffalo. It's a decent mid-sized city. What am I missing?

And you guys really don't watch the Devils. We haven't played the trap in a while. Unless forechecking heavily is the new trap. Did I miss the memo?

If anything the Rangers are boring as fuck with their 5 goalie system. Nobody calls them out.

I thought we established this already....

OnPoint

The attendance difference is 3,154 per game many of which are season ticket holders. RABID.

I have been to Buffalo. It's a decent mid-sized city. What am I missing?

We can talk about how close your attendance is when you guys have a season ticket waitlist and games are next to impossible to get to. Lemme know when that happens.

As for what you're missing? I guess it's you contradicting yourself. I see now that you're just pulling a classic Buffalo insult out, since now you're saying we're a "decent mid-sized city". Usually people who say there's nothing to do here say that because it's a common thing to say. It's not NYC or Toronto, so yeah, in comparison we fall flat, but there's plenty to do here is my point.

I watched plenty of Devils hockey while rooting for the Kings in the Finals, and against them in every other series they played this year. It's just fun to quote the classics. I'm actually very glad you guys have moved away from the trap and am curious to see where you head once Marty hangs em up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I actually have a legit question for you Osorio, why the fuck did the Devils refuse to give up their pick this year? Any insight on that? Seems so stupid.

Top Bottom