• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Revenant

Dustin Brown actually looks like Dustin Brown! Crowds are still garbage copy and paste the same 4 people though. Hoping they have every goalies individual masks, seems like something so simple.

366_original.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He probably had his head down and couldn't avoid the contact.

Lucic-Hit-Miller-Animation.gif

Nothing you can do in that situation. Should have been a non-call.

:lol

Finally home! Gonna see how much different/better it feels than 11, since I never played 12. Most importantly, gotta play different player types to see which one I'll pick for my Be A Pro, with the skill caps.

I have 2 seasons to go on my 25year Be A GM with Buffalo that I started recently, then I'll put NHL 11 aside for good.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dustin Brown actually looks like Dustin Brown! Crowds are still garbage copy and paste the same 4 people though. Hoping they have every goalies individual masks, seems like something so simple.

They'd have to pay each person that made the designs. Considering EA is too cheap to even get the correct international jerseys, there's no way they'll ever go for all the correct masks.

I hate the shootouts in this game, always hated them, still do, also hate how amazing the goalies can be, for better and for worst, reflexes faster than a dang cat and it's ridiculous.

Marvie_3

Banned
I hate the shootouts in this game, always hated them, still do, also hate how amazing the goalies can be, for better and for worst, reflexes faster than a dang cat and it's ridiculous.

Maybe you should get a friend to play as the other team's goalie like you did when you were bragging about scoring 60+ goals in one game.

Cake Boss

Banned
I seriously hope they atleast added some new faces and/or features for the create a pro stuff. If I see everyone rocking the same black guy with blonde dreadlocks Ill rip my ownhair out. It shouldnt be that hard to do since on the website their EA persona creator thing seems to have some decent deep customization.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I seriously hope they atleast added some new faces and/or features for the create a pro stuff. If I see everyone rocking the same black guy with blonde dreadlocks Ill rip my ownhair out. It shouldnt be that hard to do since on the website their EA persona creator thing seems to have some decent deep customization.

Add a "personal" section to Be A Pro, where you can spend the money that you earn with your contract on personal stuff like cars, vacation, houses etc, which will marginally affect your morale or offseason growth or sth intangible. Add suits and clothes and shit. SIMS IT UP.

Add a "personal" section to Be A Pro, where you can spend the money that you earn with your contract on personal stuff like cars, vacation, houses etc, which will marginally affect your morale or offseason growth or sth intangible. Add suits and clothes and shit. SIMS IT UP.
Can there be a "5+5=10" minigame for the offseason too?

Cake Boss

Banned
I figured out the shootout, just go in slow, dont go in at full speed doing that fake shot leg kick and doing the backhand to forhand move. Just go really slow.

Marvie_3

Banned

Why you hating on Blogans?

Maybe you should get a friend to play as the other team's goalie like you did when you were bragging about scoring 60+ goals in one game.

Shutup, never had a friend in net or playing with or against me in that game. I had told you, settings were set on default and what not, so it was 5 minute periods, pro, etc...

This game is better than NHL 13, though much more frustrating as it really takes getting used to with the new skating tools and what not. There are things I like and don't like about the game, but once again, it is still better than 12.

I figured out the shootout, just go in slow, dont go in at full speed doing that fake shot leg kick and doing the backhand to forhand move. Just go really slow.

I need to get used to the coasting thing, still want to push the stick forward and try to stick handle, and well you can't really do that anymore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Surprised he turned that down....hell of a deal and Buffalo could be really good this year.

Fei

According to Roenick it's not a sure thing that he did turn it down. Just waiting out the Phoenix situation.

I'd rather have Doan than not, but that cap hit will knock the Sabres out of future free agents (like potentially Getz and Perry next year). Such a stupid contract.

According to Roenick it's not a sure thing that he did turn it down. Just waiting out the Phoenix situation.

I'd rather have Doan than not, but that cap hit will knock the Sabres out of future free agents (like potentially Getz and Perry next year). Such a stupid contract.
Sidney Crosby just signed a contract that pays him 8.7 million a year.

You'd be paying Doan 1.2 million less a year... for 4 years.

Crosby.

Doan.

1.2 million difference.

Top Bottom