• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got Galchenyuk AND Price in my first starter package for HUT. I am pleased.

Got Malkin AND Stamkos. -nodnod-

I'm surprised with how often passes are NOT accepted properly, much more realistic. loving the skating.

KingHenrik, explain this shit.

gjQlD.jpg

I need this in water colour.

So far the backwards skating with the puck changes feel right. I like that you're actually vulnerable when you use it and it doesn't take a whole lot to knock you off the puck, really just the right angle. Pucks seem to have a habit of hitting more things now not just with passing but with shots as well. i still feel like goalie AI is inconsistent in that the most insane saves can happen 5-6 times in a row and then one awkward as fuck shot from out of the zone completely baffles the AI and goes in. Goalie AI still seems to have a habit of lifting the puck over the glass while trying to pass or clear as well. Definitely feels better than 12 though. The skating changes alone are worth it.

So far the backwards skating with the puck changes feel right. I like that you're actually vulnerable when you use it and it doesn't take a whole lot to knock you off the puck, really just the right angle. Pucks seem to have a habit of hitting more things now not just with passing but with shots as well. i still feel like goalie AI is inconsistent in that the most insane saves can happen 5-6 times in a row and then one awkward as fuck shot from out of the zone completely baffles the AI and goes in. Goalie AI still seems to have a habit of lifting the puck over the glass while trying to pass or clear as well. Definitely feels better than 12 though. The skating changes alone are worth it.

Yup, I have noticed that plenty of times.

Edit: Why did I never know about authentic puck size? It is awesome!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mentioned this in the Gaf EASHL thread, but it seems like the goalies are out further and longer then before, easier to deke them and tuck the puck behind them now.

Fei

it's the sabres' new owner, not the GM. guy's a loon, they went crazy in the last offseason too.

Pegula wants to win. Now. I'd argue that getting Ehrhoff, Leino, and Regehr (for a total cap hit of ~$13M) isn't going crazy.. but either way it's better than losing our best players to UFA like the old days.

Now I have to actively root for Phoenix to keep their team. :lol

Smiley90

Mentioned this in the Gaf EASHL thread, but it seems like the goalies are out further and longer then before, easier to deke them and tuck the puck behind them now.

also, SO many shots going wide now, especially slap shots from D-men. I have to start aiming. A lot more realistic, I like it.

Also, FINALLY found the "hustle" function, it's if you CLICK DOWN THE LEFT STICK. this goes out to crazed and cakeboss that were having trouble with this (?)

Marvie_3

Banned
also, SO many shots going wide now, especially slap shots from D-men. I have to start aiming. A lot more realistic, I like it.
This has been a welcome sight for me. Slap shots from the point were totally abused in NHL 12. Even the shittiest players could crank their slap shot power/accuracy all the way up and score on unscreened shots all the time.

OnPoint

According to Roenick it's not a sure thing that he did turn it down. Just waiting out the Phoenix situation.

I'd rather have Doan than not, but that cap hit will knock the Sabres out of future free agents (like potentially Getz and Perry next year). Such a stupid contract.

I'm not OK with Doan for that much. Not OK with it at all. Maybe if they didn't pull the Leino boner last season, I'd be more receptive, but it's too much for a guy in his twilight years.

Red_Man

X-post from the other thread, but I found a sort of exploit goal, coming down either wing you just hold the puck out to your side as far as it will go then roof it top corner. Scored 4 goals in one game doing it.

Dustin Brown actually looks like Dustin Brown! Crowds are still garbage copy and paste the same 4 people though. Hoping they have every goalies individual masks, seems like something so simple.

Alotta peoples copyright and alotta artists work. Not so simple when bureaucratic red tape gets involved.

Black skin + Hulk Hogan hair and beard = Blogan
:lol if you say so

Not a blonde bogan? Gotcha.

So I've played the NHL 13 demo for more than 5 hours today and I just encountered the funniest glitch ever.
A guy was sprinting down the ice and I absolutely destroyed him and when I looked at the score it read 5-0. I went to check the shots and shot chart and both read 0 haha.
I now want to start a petition for that to be an achievement/trophy in the final product; "Hit someone so hard you get credited with 5 goals"

Stasis

Getting used to the skating kinda quickly, and liking it.

Missing a shit load of passes now which, while realistic, is taking a lot more getting used to. I get that almost everything far out gets intercepted/blocked, but even the quick shorties are just bouncing off the tape or not being picked up.

Smiley90

For all the new guys, here is the thread for our GM Connected League, there are still free spots! On is a pure simmed league on a fast schedule (roughly 1 season per month), the other is a versus mode, where you're not forced to play all games, but can play as many games as you want. You might wanna play more if simming looks like you won't make the playoffs. ;) The schedule will be slower to adjust for games, and playoffs you'd preferably be playing if your schedul allows.

Here's the link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486538

Red_Man

Not just bad, incredibly drawn out painful in every way. Surprised Subban and Price didn't have career ending injuries.

Fuck, I only just learned how to backwards skate in NHL 13 :lol skating past defenders everywhere and wrap-around glitch goaling (hold A and wrap etc).

Way to not watch the skating tutorial... Even if it's just for the loltastic delivery of Giroux saying "EA Sports.. it's.. in the game...".

Red_Man

Yo Dastardly, Fowler's a beast in this game, I've scored 4 goals with him off the face off with top shelf snipes in HUT.

Yo Dastardly, Fowler's a beast in this game, I've scored 4 goals with him off the face off with top shelf snipes in HUT.

Oh god, please let that translate into whatever next season happens...

I have him on my team too. Just like IRL, he sucks at D but has a wicked shot and terrific speed.

Top Bottom