• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
More arguing about Devils attendance?

nWnPV.gif

Right behind you

ib2cMDmOJ9pgRL.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just started HUT and got

Price
Galchenyuk
Stamkos
Skinner
Hall
Yakupov
Keith
Letang
Coyotes Jersey and Logo :

Edit: Wow and just as I press A it disconnects me from the server and boots me out. Fuck you EA.

Everyone gets roughly the same players (aka repeats every 2nd time or so) that are good, to get a feeling for a good team. Real HUT we'll all get way worse and way different players. :p I think I've gotten Stamkos/Rask/Havlat etc like 75% of the time.

dem

You think this is bad? Try going into NBA-Gaf

The skate was a freak injury, the ankle absolutely not. The fact he's missed 20+ in his first few years is definitely worrisome, especially for a guy that plays as reckless as Hall.

Hurting your ankle falling in a fight is not exactly a common injury.. and has nothing to do with how injury prone he is.

Those numbers are skewed though. If the cheapest ticket available is $35 how would the average ticket price be 45.86? Tell me, I'd like to know.

I don't know about numbers but devils definitely don't have expensive tickets, at least compared to anywhere even close to it. There's a reason I go to devil's stadium instead of the other teams nearby, I always get a deal on people reselling tickets.

Solo

No shock. What they oughta do is give him a Carey-Price's-previous-deal type of deal. 2 years, no more than $4M, with the promise that the bigger money will come based on performance.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm sure they tried that, but there's no way he's taking $4 and I don't blame him but 5 years / 6M is a bit much, but I'd still give it to him.

Solo

I don't know how you can justify $6M to PK when you're only paying Max $4.5M, and Max is arguably going to have a bigger impact on the team in the years to come.

However, on the flipside, PK does generate a lot of revenue for the team that Max does not. Come down to $5M and we've got a deal.

Red_Man

I don't know how you can justify $6M to PK when you're only paying Max $4.5M, and Max is arguably going to have a bigger impact on the team in the years to come.
PK has more value then Pacioretty imo. Patches is a 1st line winger, and Subban is a #1 D that logs tough minutes against top lines, and plays 1st unit PK and PP, doing it all well. A lot harder to replace what Subban does for the team, then what Pacioretty does. Subban will also be the face of the franchise if he stays.

Solo

30 goal men (which is a level I believe Max will hit every season for at least the next 5 years) don't exactly grow on trees either.

Also, in terms of character, there is no room for debate between the two. You never hear about Max being in the middle of team infighting or shenanigans on the ice.

But both are integral parts of the core.

Heh

I got this from HUT

Skinner
Tavares
Yakupov
Havlat
Iginla
Keith
Quick
Galchenyuk
Perry

I guess its all the same then

And then it errored and I had to open a new pack =/

Cammalleri
Zetterberg
Iginla
Lucic
St Louis
RNH
Havlat
Fowler
Seabrook

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Heh

I got this from HUT

Skinner
Tavares
Yakupov
Havlat
Iginla
Keith
Quick
Galchenyuk
Perry

I guess its all the same then

And then it errored and I had to open a new pack =/

Cammalleri
Zetterberg
Iginla
Lucic
St Louis
RNH
Havlat
Fowler
Seabrook

Yep, everyone gets the same. I'm surprised you haven't gotten repeats yet, but that'll come. :p

Cake Boss

Banned
I got selected for the Winter Classic draw. I don't know what to do....

You buy 2 tickets, one for me and one for you, you invite me over, we go to the game plastered, video tape the whole thing, get some hookers and blow, grab a hotel room and see what happens. The day after we post the video for GAF.

You buy 2 tickets, one for me and one for you, you invite me over, we go to the game plastered, video tape the whole thing, get some hookers and blow, grab a hotel room and see what happens. The day after we post the video for GAF.
I'm in support of this idea.

God speed gentlemen.

oxcgn-metal-gear-11.jpg

This is the best suggestion this thread has seen since "release the Kesler."

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window

straight cakebossin'

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the one timers, I was used to having fast passes in NHL 12, but you need to slow them down for the shooter to handle them in 13.

Red_Man

Subban's agent shot down the 5 years / $30 M report from earlier today, which is good news, but I don't imagine what he wants is far off from that.

Heretic

Love it.

Embellishment issues at forefront of Rules Summit
"They want to get [the list] out there," Campbell said. "They want the player to be caught, whether it's on the ice by the referee or by us on video. They are all tired of diving. The object is to make them stop eventually and, by doing that, they can get it out there around the League, embarrass them. The referees will know it, too, so the divers don't get the benefit of the doubt."

According to the NHL Rulebook, players who violate the diving/embellishment rule can be subject to supplementary discipline through fine and/or suspension. Campbell said there was no appetite among the group attending the two-day summit to suspend repeat offenders, because the players feel the punishment that comes with having your name on the divers' list would be enough to reduce the frequency with which the tactic is used.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640294

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Late to the party (ok, the party is over), but quite pleased with Taylor Hall's 7 year $42M extension!

hall.jpg

He's an elite talent and it sets a reasonable salary ceiling for the Oilers' other young stars (because Hall is the best Oiler now and the best for the foreseeable future too).

Top Bottom