• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hey PucksGAF, is there really gonna be ANOTHER lockout? When the league is in good shape? When everyone is making money? When it looks like they might actually be gaining traction south of the border?

Why, NHL, whhhhhyyyyyyy?

Dr.Acula

Banned

But doesn't killing all their momentum and ultimately turning off fans, and fucking over their broadcast partners, cost them money? They got the hard-cap, the league should be okay for a least another seven years. The baseball lockout back i the 90s really hurt the MLB and they never really recovered, a lockout right now would do more harm than good.

Any chance we get the four division landscape coming out of this contract? Or is that not anywhere near the table?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, on the topic of Canucks season ticket prices that we had before... And weren't sure about because they're not posted. I asked one of my friends today who worked for the Canucks organization last year and apparently it's 8k a year for an upper level full year season ticket, and the waiting period for it is 5/6 years at this point.

If there is a partial lockout what happens to rookies that can't play in the AHL? Assuming the under-19 rule will still be honored,. They'll go back to the minors but can they be "called up" like from the AHL?

Smiley90

If there is a partial lockout what happens to rookies that can't play in the AHL? Assuming the under-19 rule will still be honored,. They'll go back to the minors but can the "called up" like from the AHL?

The contract that "forced" that upon AHL teams has expired. So it's not like they can't play in the AHL. If that contract is renewed (which I don't think it will if there's a lockout, since you'd want them to play in the AHL), then yes, they'd be playing in the Minors/Juniors/College/whatever.

The contract that "forced" that upon AHL teams has expired. So it's not like they can't play in the AHL. If that contract is renewed (which I don't think it will if there's a lockout, since you'd want them to play in the AHL), then yes, they'd be playing in the Minors/Juniors/College/whatever.
Per se if based Huberdeau goes back the QJ but the NHL is back in December, will he be able to join the big club or will he have to finish the QJ season?

Smiley90

Per se if based Huberdeau goes back the QJ but the NHL is back in December, will he be able to join the big club or will he have to finish the QJ season?

Mhmmm pretty sure he could come back, isn't the contract that forces minors not being able to be called back based on the start of the NHL season, not on the start of whatever minor league players play in? As in, once the NHL season starts, players in minors can't be called up anymore, whenever the start date may be.

Mhmmm pretty sure he could come back, isn't the contract that forces minors not being able to be called back based on the start of the NHL season, not on the start of whatever minor league players play in? As in, once the NHL season starts, players in minors can't be called up anymore, whenever the start date may be.

Ah makes sense. Thanks.

Bout to get REAL cakebossed Vegas style. I hope to do you proud Boss.

snake_vs_the_boss-article_image.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I finally got around to downloading the NHL 13 demo on PS3 and fully expected it to be terrible.

I don't know exactly what they did compared to last year (I really haven't paid much attention) but the game feels 100 times better. I may actually pick this one up.

Soundtrack really is the worst soundtrack in some time. I know it's only a handful of tracks, but they're all absolutely fucking terrible. Even on the other soundtracks there was the occasional gem.

Marvie_3

Banned
I finally got around to downloading the NHL 13 demo on PS3 and fully expected it to be terrible.

I don't know exactly what they did compared to last year (I really haven't paid much attention) but the game feels 100 times better. I may actually pick this one up.
OVER 700 MILLION GAMEPLAY REFINEMENTS

/EA

BTW, Mock Drafts are open on Yahoo Fantasy. But they suck because nobody is in here haha.

Crosby Yahoo Ranking is currently at 187 haha. Shit Rankings are shit.

Cactus

Banned
...am I the only person here who likes the soundtrack?

I mean, I don't usually listen to any of the artists, but high energy punk/rock/etc. songs fit well with hockey, IMO.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't realize that people exist who don't immediately turn off the soundtracks in the NHL games.

...am I the only person here who likes the soundtrack?

I mean, I don't usually listen to any of the artists, but high energy punk/rock/etc. songs fit well with hockey, IMO.

They do, and I'm primarily a high energy metal/rock person. But the song choices are absolutely horrible. New Offspring track? A dubstep remix of Pennywise? Eugh.

Top Bottom