• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Apparently Detroit's offer to Colaiacovo is 2 years at 2.5 million. I guess I'm fine with that, short contract on a small cap hit, will tremoundously help out with our D depth though since after Kindl we don't have many NHL ready call ups (have to wait another year for some of our young guns).

So if he signs, which I have a feeling he will here as I guess Holland has been in touch with his agent for a while and this is a compromise deal when Detroit wanted 1 year and Colaiacovo wanted 3, our D will look like this:

Kronwall - Smith
Quincey - Ericsson
White - Colaiacovo
Kindl

Or something like that, eh, not great, but it isn't too bad either, it really depends on if Smith has as good of a season as what he showed during his call up last year, if Ericsson can continue his play from the playoffs, if Colaiacovo can stay healthy, and Quincey picks up his play with a fresh start and full season under Babcock. Actually that is a lot of what ifs...... screw it, I want a lockout!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The only way I would mutually masturbate with a Bruins fan is they were a woman. Even then I would be skeptical, as I'm assuming most of them look like bears.

Revenant

Apparently Detroit's offer to Colaiacovo is 2 years at 2.5 million. I guess I'm fine with that, short contract on a small cap hit, will tremoundously help out with our D depth though since after Kindl we don't have many NHL ready call ups (have to wait another year for some of our young guns).

So if he signs, which I have a feeling he will here as I guess Holland has been in touch with his agent for a while and this is a compromise deal when Detroit wanted 1 year and Colaiacovo wanted 3, our D will look like this:

Kronwall - Smith
Quincey - Ericsson
White - Colaiacovo
Kindl

Or something like that, eh, not great, but it isn't too bad either, it really depends on if Smith has as good of a season as what he showed during his call up last year, if Ericsson can continue his play from the playoffs, if Colaiacovo can stay healthy, and Quincey picks up his play with a fresh start and full season under Babcock. Actually that is a lot of what ifs...... screw it, I want a lockout!

Duck-Hunt-Dog.gif

Red_Man

Holy shit actual news

Julie Stewart-Binks said:
According to inside sources, Evander Kane has asked for a trade for a trade from the Winnipeg Jets. Wants to be face of franchise...but Jets 2011 First Overall pick Mark Schiefele will likely be the face of the franchise.

Crazy if true, and so many Lulz to be had on Winnipeg's part. You're really going to put you're young prospect over a player like Kane? SMH.

I just thought, Subban for Kane :( don't do it Bergevin...

Dredger just said he's been told Kane has not asked for a trade....

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy shit actual news

Crazy if true, and so many Lulz to be had on Winnipeg's part. You're really going to put you're young prospect over a player like Kane? SMH.

You can have Patrick Kane for Subban
Plekanec and Price

Not sure how old that is Red, but did see a tweet retweeted by Dreger that said this:

gary lawless ‏@garylawless
Jets tell me no truth to Evander Kane asking for a trade #nhljets #bn
Retweeted by Darren Dreger

Edit: just actually read the bottom of your post

/cakebossed

Red_Man

You can have Patrick Kane for Subban
Plekanec and Price
XNcdc.gif

Kane is already getting torn up in Chicago, he wouldn't last 3 days here unless he went completely sober until he dies.

Yea updated my post Henrik, weird cause the girl who originally reported it is a CTV reporter in Regina, you would think she would be pretty reliable. Pretty big claim to go public with unless you're confident in your source.

Red_Man

Carlson is still unsigned too right? Thing with Kane is the other reports about his shenanigans in Winnipeg only help to fuel the flames on rumors like these.

Merguson

Banned
Holy shit actual news

Dredger just said he's been told Kane has not asked for a trade....

A player with 7 NHL games played is the face of the franchise? No pressure there.

calder

I refuse to even consider any news report that uses the phrase "face of the franchise" like that's a real thing that actual players/management would give half a fuck about.

That being said [/mckenzie], I don't think trading Kane would inherently be a huge mistake. Let him be a mildly overrated, mildly overpaid power forward on a good team where he doesn't have to shoulder too much of the offensive load.

Cactus

Banned
Who exactly is Julie Stewart-Bink? Her tweet sounds a lot like something incarceratedbob or hockeyyinsiderrrr or another twitter insider with equally fraudulent sources would post. The last part about Scheifele is especially ridiculous. Why the hell would management in Winnipeg believe that a prospect with very little pro experience who was drafted later in the first round is above Kane, a 21 year old 30 goal scorer, on the "face of the franchise" list, or whatever? It makes no sense at all.

calder

Yeah, if there's any truth to the rumour, it's likely that he's just not getting offered as much money as he'd hoped for.

Undoubtedly, but then the second half of the.. report? tweet? makes even less sense. But it does amuse me to imagine a tense negotiation between Kane's agent and Cheveldayoff where Kane's people demand that he be made face of the franchise, but Chevy casually replies that they had actually been planning on having Scheifele be featured on the program for the season opener.

And can we force Scheifele to change his name? I have to google that shit every single time, and then paste it. Just say, hey, if you want to be Face of the Franchise the team insists you legally change your name to Mark Shefli or something.

Socreges

Banned
Btw, that Luongo/Colborne rumour was a "twitter experiment". Yet it got plenty of traction. Some of you need to be a bit more skeptical.

Cactus

Banned
Btw, that Luongo/Colborne rumour was a "twitter experiment". Yet it got plenty of traction. Some of you need to be a bit more skeptical.

I didn't realize that people still do these "experiments" on twitter. I mean, it was somewhat original and interesting the first time a random person made up a random hockey related rumour on twitter and analysed the extent of its impact on the mainstream media, but at this point it's just unnecessary and annoying.

I don't know whether Twitter is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand it provides opportunity to reach many people in a short time with stuff like breaking news from around the world and eye-witness accounts. On the other hand it makes false reports and rumours more rampant than ever, and gives people another outlet to embarass the human race.

MPW

What if we ranked every NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL team based on their uniform designs?

habs #1

Proud standard-bearers for a league, a sport, a nation and now for the uni-verse as well, the Habs have it all: an iconic logo, two distinct but equally classic uni designs (it's odd that the wraparound chest stripe only appears on the home jersey, but the road design works fine without it), and an ideal balance of red, white and blue. This isn't just a perfect hockey uniform set -- it's a perfect uniform set, period. Unlike the old-school classics in the other sports (Yankees, Celtics, Raiders), it has some major visual pizzazz. Puts the biscuit in the basket, and then some.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/st...rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

Wow

The Leafs are ranked 2 spots lower than the Jays (23 and 21)

Hmm lets go see where the Raptors are....92 lol

Ouch -
Another team with an identity crisis. First they're all about the purple. Then they're all about the black. Now they're all about the red. Would anyone be surprised if they switched to blue in two seasons? More importantly, would anyone care? That's what happens when your visual program doesn't stand for anything -- people lose interest.

Marvie_3

Banned
What if we ranked every NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL team based on their uniform designs?

habs #1

Proud standard-bearers for a league, a sport, a nation and now for the uni-verse as well, the Habs have it all: an iconic logo, two distinct but equally classic uni designs (it's odd that the wraparound chest stripe only appears on the home jersey, but the road design works fine without it), and an ideal balance of red, white and blue. This isn't just a perfect hockey uniform set -- it's a perfect uniform set, period. Unlike the old-school classics in the other sports (Yankees, Celtics, Raiders), it has some major visual pizzazz. Puts the biscuit in the basket, and then some.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/st...rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

The Blackhawks not even being on that list proves yet again how shitty ESPN is.

Red_Man

habs #1

tumblr_m81n15FG2V1r3zat8.gif

Also the girl who reported this Kane stuff, is a CTV reporter, so she's no Eklund or Hockeyinsiderr, she just got fucked over by her source. It could also be true, and everyone is denying it to prevent a Nash / CBJ situation.

The Blackhawks not even being on that list proves yet again how shitty ESPN is.

There are more colors in Chief Blackhawk's headdress than most teams have in their entire uniform program (all rendered in beautiful jewel-toned chain-stitching, to boot). Against the white background of the road uniform, those colors pop. But the red home uni is so loud that the chest design can't compete with it, like a pop tune that gets drowned out by a heavy metal anthem. Yet another argument for the NHL going back to wearing white at home.

They are the uniform failures of the original 6

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I will never understand the love affair with the Chicago Bears jersey.

Top Bottom