• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Acid08

Banned
What if we ranked every NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL team based on their uniform designs?

habs #1

Proud standard-bearers for a league, a sport, a nation and now for the uni-verse as well, the Habs have it all: an iconic logo, two distinct but equally classic uni designs (it's odd that the wraparound chest stripe only appears on the home jersey, but the road design works fine without it), and an ideal balance of red, white and blue. This isn't just a perfect hockey uniform set -- it's a perfect uniform set, period. Unlike the old-school classics in the other sports (Yankees, Celtics, Raiders), it has some major visual pizzazz. Puts the biscuit in the basket, and then some.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/st...rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

Highest ranked Cali jerseys, as it should be. Queens can keep their generic black/silver bullshit and the Ducks jersey is just...weird.

Now if only we would start wearing the teal jerseys in the playoffs and not the fucking black ones.

Duck-Hunt-Dog.gif

I hate you

Apparently two thirds of Detroit's top three D were lower-pairing guys on the 08-09 Maple Leafs.

I hate you more

fallout

And can we force Scheifele to change his name? I have to google that shit every single time, and then paste it. Just say, hey, if you want to be Face of the Franchise the team insists you legally change your name to Mark Shefli or something.
I vote for "Mark Shuffle".

FOOTE

What if we ranked every NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL team based on their uniform designs?

habs #1

Proud standard-bearers for a league, a sport, a nation and now for the uni-verse as well, the Habs have it all: an iconic logo, two distinct but equally classic uni designs (it's odd that the wraparound chest stripe only appears on the home jersey, but the road design works fine without it), and an ideal balance of red, white and blue. This isn't just a perfect hockey uniform set -- it's a perfect uniform set, period. Unlike the old-school classics in the other sports (Yankees, Celtics, Raiders), it has some major visual pizzazz. Puts the biscuit in the basket, and then some.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/st...rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122
At least my Cardinals are #3. Blues at #100. I agree that the Blues' RBK jerseys suck. I really wish they'd redesign them and give them more of a traditional look. More specifically early 90's but with the current logo and colours. Also agree with the assessment they gave the Rams.

I can live with Montreal at the top of that list. Hawks are too low, and the fucking Royals are too high.

Quick

Banned
There's a full(?) version of NHL 13 at Fan Expo in Toronto this weekend. Watched a few people play it (I'll try it out tomorrow), and it's looking better and better. Skating looks pretty damn good.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Uuh... Cakebossed at work in a biochem lab full with chemicals and bacteria. Give me the wrong ideas NHL-GAF.

(we had a few goodbye-beers at the university pub for someone leaving us.)

Alucard

Banned
Said if by Sept. 15th the Coyotes shit isn't figured out he's signing elsewhere. Pretty sure he said that like 3 weeks ago, but that's all he's given us.

Thanks, Red Man.

At least I'll have the English Premier League this year with an interesting Arsenal team to follow.

iLLmAtlc

Off-topic question. Guys you know I received a job interview for Monday via e-mail today, and the lady asked me to provide my availability for that day, so I did. After I sent it off though I have yet to receive a response from her. I called her on the phone but she seems to have left her office.

You guys think this means I'm out for some reason? It'd be really weird I think to have an interview the next business day without having a confirmed time.

FOOTE

Off-topic question. Guys you know I received a job interview for Monday via e-mail today, and the lady asked me to provide my availability for that day, so I did. After I sent it off though I have yet to receive a response from her. I called her on the phone but she seems to have left her office.

You guys think this means I'm out for some reason? It'd be really weird I think to have an interview the next business day without having a confirmed time.

Call Monday morning and confirm your interview.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My GW2 char's name is "Aleifir Gafsson", in case someone wants to add me. Already added ShaneB.

Top Bottom