• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

OnPoint

I've got to be the worst EA NHL player in the history of the world. It took me like 5 tries to score a goal. I must have missed the "learn how to play this game" day at school. I'm so bad lol Also, what the hell at them just not giving you a 0-0 score every time. What a pain in the ass.

I've got to be the worst EA NHL player in the history of the world. It took me like 5 tries to score a goal. I must have missed the "learn how to play this game" day at school. I'm so bad lol Also, what the hell at them just not giving you a 0-0 score every time. What a pain in the ass.

Ya, the random score is just not fun at all. I think they did it last year too, or they did it before. At least be the actual score of that game if you're gonna pull that.

I wonder how much hockey will be televised. I get Center Ice so we're watching NHL games all the time, but if there's no NHL, what's usually televised? Is NCAA hockey on the tube? Here in Carolina they televise maybe half a dozen Checkers games, so I don't think we'll see a lot of AHL games, unless the NHL lockout allows them to put more of the minor leagues on display.

Sounds like KHL at least is on ESPN3, but I imagine the timing ain't gonna be great.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll just end up going to watch a lot of the OHL team near me, at least I'll get to see Galchenyuk and Yakupov when the Sting come into town, unless the AHL thing gets sorted out.

Cake Boss

Banned
Without the under 19 rule the Rampage would be OP as hell.

Howden-Huberdeau-Wellman
Devearux-Shore-Rallo

Petrovic-Robak
DeSantis-McFadden

Markstrom

GOT DAMN

Pfft my teams cock is bigger.

Silfverberg- Dacosta- Stone
Hoffman- Zibenejad- Petersson
Prince- Obrien- Noesen

Cowen-Benoit
Weircioch- Borocop

Franchise goalie :p

cube444

vancouver_voodoo_1994.gif

GO VOODOO

vchild_m_voodoo_rk.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Logan Couture and Jamie McGinn are going to a club near my place I always used to go to a few years back, but it's so shitty and grimey, no idea why they would go there. If they were players I cared enough about I would by.

Without the under 19 rule the Rampage would be OP as hell.

Howden-Huberdeau-Wellman
Devearux-Shore-Rallo

Petrovic-Robak
DeSantis-McFadden

Markstrom

GOT DAMN

Pfft my teams cock is bigger.

Silfverberg- Dacosta- Stone
Hoffman- Zibenejad- Petersson
Prince- Obrien- Noesen

Cowen-Benoit
Weircioch- Borocop

Franchise goalie :p

That's just silly. Everyone knows the Wild would have the best AHL affiliate team.

Larsson - Granlund - Bulmer
Zucker - Phillips - Coyle

Brodin - Dumba
Genoway - Cuma

Hackett
Kuemper

Admittedly, the blueline will be a bit lacking if Dumba can't play, but dat forward group. Finnish Baby Jesus, two of the best QMJHL players of last year, NCAA beast, Swedish boss, and Bulmer is one of the fastest developing players in the CHL. Can't wait.

And Hackett > 99% Goaltending prospects. The only one I'd take above Hackett, right now, is Markstrom. Kuemper is looking pretty good as well.

Its under 20, its a CHL NHL agreement that expires with the CBA on the 15th.

Nope. Already expired earlier this summer. Link to Yahoo sports article. Sure, it can be renewed by the start of the season, but who knows.

Cake Boss

Banned
LOLOLOLOLOLL Thats cute. How about I take the guy that beat him and won the playoff MVP as a teenager, the only other two goalies to do it was Price and Roy.Give me that guy please.

fbr mcdngls pls

Eddie Lack says hi.

He's up there, but I wouldn't take him before Hackett. The latter has NHL experience(and did very, very well at that level), although I'm sure Lack will get some time in the show if Lou is traded. Which at this point doesn't look likely, sadly. He deserves to leave if he wants to, but that's another subject.

Lack is a top-5 goaltending prospect IMO though. He does belong in the conversation, yes, but I'll be a homer and take Hackett :p

OnPoint

Ya, the random score is just not fun at all. I think they did it last year too, or they did it before. At least be the actual score of that game if you're gonna pull that.

Sometimes it's pretty absurd too. Like, the "game" starts and I'm down 5-1 or something stupid. I'm already bad enough, I don't need the game making things more difficult on me.

RC

Banned
I feel like a side character in everyone else's lives. While everyone else gets married and has careers, I work a job I could've gotten at 18 with no relations in which to speak. So if your feeling blue just remember, at least your not a 29 year old man with no career, no woman, and no hope for tomorrow. Man, I'm I cakebossed, is that even a thing anymore?

And go Vancouver Voodoo! Lacrosse died a quick death here.

I feel like a side character in everyone else's lives. While everyone else gets married and has careers, I work a job I could've gotten at 18 with no relations in which to speak. So if your feeling blue just remember, at least your not a 29 year old man with no career, no woman, and no hope for tomorrow. Man, I'm I cakebossed, is that even a thing anymore?

You're very important to a whole lot of people in your life. Remember that. And any change you want to make in your life though, you can, it's just going to take some work and time.

RC

Banned
You're very important to a whole lot of people in your life. Remember that. And any change you want to make in your life though, you can, it's just going to take some work and time.

Wow, words to inspire. Not me obviously, but to someone else I'm sure. Didn't mean to poo poo you Dastardly.

And just like the CBA, when the clocks ticking, nothing else matters then what's in your pockets.

Alucard

Banned
Dastardly,

Heart's on fire
Strong desire
Rages deep within

It's not about how hard ya hit! It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!

RC

Banned
Dastardly,

Heart's on fire
Strong desire
Rages deep within

It's not about how hard ya hit! It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!

That's how winnings done!

Ah, Rocky quotes always put a smile on my face and a tear in me eye.

And next time sprinkle some Rocky III in there.

I don't hate Balboa, but I pity the fool. And I'll destroy any man that tries to take what I got!
Strong words from a strong man. The odds of Rocky making a comeback at 32 are almost slim to none. I wish him luck.
Don't listen to him Rock.
No, do listen to him.

And you'll owe me a favour.
What Favour?

There is no tomorrow.
Its over, its all over.
Whats the matter with you!?

Sorry got carried away there.

Marvie_3

Banned

Next time anyone gives you any shit about it, just say:

ibwyYJDDPZuVHX.gif

"I didn't hear no bell!"

Then kick their ass in a street fight.

FOOTE

Just got our seats for the Blues home opener against the Wings! Assuming the game happens,
this would be my 8th straight home opener!

Nice. I bought the weekend plan. Games during the week are too hard for me to make it to. Hopefully there is a season, a lockout wont do the Blues any favours.

Socreges

Banned
Desibabu, I know a guy who started his education at the age of 30 and started his career at the age of 36. He's doing well. Doesn't matter that he started late. Don't put so much emphasis on numbers and milestones. Just find out what you want to do and do it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just a reminder that NHL 13 is still $45 when you buy it from Toys R Us online

Tempting but I'll wait until Thanksgiving when it's $30 and they finally have a jersey patch out.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

You gotta be clear about what you want and how you're going to go about doing it.

Don't like your job or your company?

Would a better position be better? If so, see what it takes to get to that next level. If you can't, then start looking outside. Are you applying to other jobs? Did you fix up the resume? Are you doing anything else for self improvement? Courses? Are you evaluating what you have to offer?

Girl troubles?

Well, there's the GAF thread you can refer to. However, again. How are you approaching them? Are you actively looking or hoping someone lands in your lap? One of my dumbass friends keeps hoping things will 'work out' for him. Yeah............. :/

Shit NHL GAF has turned into Thearpy GAF. Solo! Say something disparaging about the Leafs!

Marvie_3

Banned
You gotta be clear about what you want and how you're going to go about doing it.

Don't like your job or your company?

Would a better position be better? If so, see what it takes to get to that next level. If you can't, then start looking outside. Are you applying to other jobs? Did you fix up the resume? Are you doing anything else for self improvement? Courses? Are you evaluating what you have to offer?

Girl troubles?

Well, there's the GAF thread you can refer to. However, again. How are you approaching them? Are you actively looking or hoping someone lands in your lap? One of my dumbass friends keeps hoping things will 'work out' for him. Yeah............. :/

Shit NHL GAF has turned into Thearpy GAF. Solo! Say something disparaging about the Leafs!
Still better than talking about the NBA or soccer.

Top Bottom