• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
So pretty much, Seattle and Quebec City for expansion, then another city will get Phoenix when it fails in about three years. Sounds good.

Phoenix is already a failure.

Ice Edge being part of the investment group is like adding another ring to the circus.

Seattle Metropolitans

ZeroGravity

PostLockoutSavePercentage.png
Not surprised. For reference, the turnstile of goaltenders we've had since the lockout:

Sean Burke
Sebastien Caron
Gerald Coleman
Marc Denis
Cedrick Dejardins
Dan Ellis
Mathieu Garon
John Grahame
Johan Holmqvist
Olaf Kolzig
Mike McKenna
Antero Niittymaki
Karri Ramo
Dwayne Roloson
Mike Smith
Dustin Tokarski

Socreges

Banned
Not surprised. For reference, the turnstile of goaltenders we've had since the lockout:

Sean Burke
Sebastien Caron
Gerald Coleman
Marc Denis
Cedrick Dejardins
Dan Ellis
Mathieu Garon
John Grahame
Johan Holmqvist
Olaf Kolzig
Mike McKenna
Antero Niittymaki
Karri Ramo
Dwayne Roloson
Mike Smith
Dustin Tokarski
Will be interesting to see how Lindback does, and if he steals the #1 position from Garon.

Hunter S.

Really surprised today to learn that Yesterday the Avalanche named Gabriel Landeskog the youngest Captain in NHL history at 19. I mean the guy seems perfect: Captain of every team he has played on, blonde, blue, eyed European pretty boy, ladies man, who speaks English like a Native and born leader. Along with that he forechecks and checks like a scrapper and scores like a potential all star, certainly going to be one of the best two way players for many years. Still, I think this also shows the Avalanches unwillingness to pay for a really good all star veteran over the last couple of years. They are growing a great young team, but this is really early to call a guy a Captain. Landeskog has been called almost a perfect person and will lead with his voice and example. Still, he is also younger than every other man on the team. One good thing this shows is the Avs are truly intrusted in keeping him a long time and that is surly the right call.

Really surprised today to learn that Yesterday the Avalanche named Gabriel Landeskog the youngest Captain in NHL history at 19. I mean the guy seems perfect: Captain of every team he has played on, blonde, blue, eyed European pretty boy, ladies man, who speaks English like a Native and born leader. Along with that he forechecks and checks like a scrapper and scores like a potential all star, certainly going to be one of the best two way players for many years. Still, I think this also shows the Avalanches unwillingness to pay for a really good all star veteran over the last couple of years. They are growing a great young team, but this is really early to call a guy a Captain. Landeskog has been called almost a perfect person and will lead with his voice and example. Still, he is also younger than every other man on the team. One good thing this shows is the Avs are truly intrusted in keeping him a long time and that is surly the right call.

Landeskog is Mike Richards with what seems like slightly more talent. He will be a great captain.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Will be interesting to see how Lindback does, and if he steals the #1 position from Garon.

i think lindback steals it. dude is huge and talented. his biggest issue is rebound control, if that defense can bail him out of those jams he'll be aces.

Silexx

I was expecting worse with the shit goalies we have had. Gerber, Leclaire, Emery, Auld, Elliot etc

Yeah, but you forget Hasek whose one year alone pretty much helps swing the stats the other way. Plus, we've always had pretty average to good goaltending during the regular season. It's the playoffs where our goalies consistently shit the bed.

Yeah, but you forget Hasek whose one year alone pretty much helps swing the stats the other way. Plus, we've always had pretty average to good goaltending during the regular season. It's the playoffs where our goalies consistently shit the bed.

Anderson posted a .939 in the Rangers series, hopefully it's the end of pulling a Lalime in Ottawa.

Top Bottom