• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
Well he obviously can't handle a big market team like Vancouver so Florida would indeed make sense. And all the talks of him going to Toronto made me lol. If he couldn't handle it in Vancouver, he would shit himself in TO.
Luongo handled Vancouver fine. You're acting like he asked for a trade. Schneider made it impossible for him to remain here.

Luongo handled Vancouver fine. You're acting like he asked for a trade. Schneider made it impossible for him to remain here.

Well to be fair, Luongo's play gave way for Schneider. In a perfect situation, Vancouver would've used Schneider as trade bait to a team that needed a goaltender. Instead now, there are teams that are looking to decide whether or not they want to have Luongo's contract on their team.

The BF3 single player is bad, as was the ending. Seriously, what the fuck was that?

The MP is frustrating, slow and incredibly irritating.

And this is coming from someone who tortures himself with Modern Warfare MP. :lol

Now Black Ops 1 had some decent MP, much more balanced compared to MW2, but still doesn't beat Battlefield.

This. BC2's multiplayer was awesome except for snipers and chopper circling. BF3's MP is just a buggy, broken, unbalanced mess of shit.
Even as someone who flew choppers all the time the circle strafing was completely broken.
BC2 is still king. Now if they has BC2 on BC1's maps it would be bliss.

It pretty much ruined certain maps. I just started skipping them when they came up in the rotation.
They fixed it in BC3. The roll limiter was removed so it actually takes skill keep a consistent circle. Choppers in BC3 are flying coffins though. You get picked off by jets or constantly pinged by stingers.

Marvie_3

Banned
They fixed it in BC3. The roll limiter was removed so it actually takes skill keep a consistent circle. Choppers in BC3 are flying coffins though. You get picked off by jets or constantly pinged by stingers.
Yeah I played quite a bit of BF3 the first month before I got sick of it. 2 guys with flares pretty much gives you an indestructible chopper so it doesn't matter if you can't circle anymore.

I can understand if Landeskog was hands down the Rookie of the Year, but dude was close with Henrique. You dont see Adam Henrique being the next captain of the Devils.

Unless....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Landeskog is lightyears ahead of Henrique. He's a two-way hard nosed player who CREATES plays, vs. Henrique's capitalizing on convenient line pairings.

Henrique is a great player, just so I don't get accused of Devils bashing, but Landeskog and RNH were BY FAR the best rookies last year and Landeskog has displayed FAR more leadership potential through multiple aspects of his game.

It's a ridiculous comparison.

Socreges

Banned
Well to be fair, Luongo's play gave way for Schneider. In a perfect situation, Vancouver would've used Schneider as trade bait to a team that needed a goaltender. Instead now, there are teams that are looking to decide whether or not they want to have Luongo's contract on their team.
What play was that? He had a great season; same form as always. Schneider had a superb (two) season(s), is much younger, and comes with a much more manageable contract.

Luongo also plays better at home than on the road. Saying he "couldn't handle it" in Vancouver doesn't make any sense. He had several great years here.

(Some) Toronto fans just feel slighted that Luongo prefers Florida, so they try and paint his choice as guided by some fear of high-pressure markets, ignoring the fact that Florida is actually a playoff-calibre team and where his wife and children live.

I can understand if Landeskog was hands down the Rookie of the Year, but dude was close with Henrique. You dont see Adam Henrique being the next captain of the Devils.

Unless....
What the fuck are you smoking that makes you think Lamdeskog and Henrique were in the same calibre? That kid got thrown into every shitty situation on ice and came out smelling like roses.

He won that Calder handidly.

What play was that? He had a great season; same form as always. Schneider had a superb (two) season(s), is much younger, and comes with a much more manageable contract.

Luongo also plays better at home than on the road. Saying he "couldn't handle it" in Vancouver doesn't make any sense. He had several great years here.

(Some) Toronto fans just feel slighted that Luongo prefers Florida, so they try and paint his choice as guided by some fear of high-pressure markets, ignoring the fact that Florida is actually a playoff-calibre team and where his wife and children live.

But if you look at Florida's stand point, they have no reason to trade for him. They too have a rising goaltender in Markstrom who is currently playing on a rookie contract. It doesn't make sense for Florida to give up a decent amount for a goaltender that they don't need right now, especially when that goalie has $50 million left on their contract.

Also Toronto fans would rather not trade for Luongo because that would require a first round draft pick. I don't think that Toronto fans would be happy to give up a potential lottery pick for Luongo, it would be like the Kessel situation all over again.

Problem now for Vancouver is that they lost their bargaining chips when Luongo said that he wanted out.

What the fuck are you smoking that makes you think Lamdeskog and Henrique were in the same calibre? That kid got thrown into every shitty situation on ice and came out smelling like roses.

He won that Calder handidly.

I was speaking points wise. But I would say that it's pretty impressive he was able to have the season he did considering he played in a conference with Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and the Rangers. Wouldn't go as far as to saying he was the same calibre though.

I know this doesn't count towards regular season trophies, but he had a good post-season as well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

What the...'some'? I'm not sure any of Leafs GAF age feels this way?

I sure as hell don't care if he prefers Florida since I don't want that albatross of a thing he calls a contract and unless the Canucks take salary in return and something else, I don't want him here.

Socreges

Banned
But if you look at Florida's stand point, they have no reason to trade for him. They too have a rising goaltender in Markstrom who is currently playing on a rookie contract. It doesn't make sense for Florida to give up a decent amount for a goaltender that they don't need right now, especially when that goalie has $50 million left on their contract.

Also Toronto fans would rather not trade for Luongo because that would require a first round draft pick. I don't think that Toronto fans would be happy to give up a potential lottery pick for Luongo, it would be like the Kessel situation all over again.

Problem now for Vancouver is that they lost their bargaining chips when Luongo said that he wanted out.
So now we're talking about different stuff entirely. I don't disagree with much of what you're saying here, but we really don't know what's going on at this point beyond Luongo obviously pushing for Florida.

I was speaking points wise. But I would say that it's pretty impressive he was able to have the season he did considering he played in a conference with Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and the Rangers. Wouldn't go as far as to saying he was the same calibre though.

I know this doesn't count towards regular season trophies, but he had a good post-season as well.

Calder is about more than points....

And yea.... Henrique was on a line with Parise and Kovalchuk. Let's see him do it again. He could turn out to be Gomez 2.0

There is a reason for him which is to ease Markstrom into starter role. His knee issues are still a question mark so having Markstrom do a full year as starter in the AHL makes sense. I think that was the plan last year but Theo and Clemmer missed a lot of time due to injury last year making Markstrom ride the pine for extended periods. Add that to Markstrom aggravating his knee for another surgery it would help to have someone proven in the role like Lou take pressure off of Markstrom so he can get the starter role at his own pace.

Otherwise Theo is on the last year of his contract and is expected to retire so that leaves Clemmer and Marky. Again if we trade for Lou, Markstrom can ease into the league.

Unless....

The Calder voting from last year:

Pts. (1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th)
1. Gabriel Landeskog, COL 1,383 (116-29-4-0-0)
2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, EDM 1,001 (26-83-22-16-2)
3. Adam Henrique, N.J. 620 (3-19-59-50-12)

Socreges

Banned
Henrik, that's all well and good, but Henrique was only 113 1st-place votes behind Landeskog...

I sure as hell don't care if he prefers Florida since I don't want that albatross of a thing he calls a contract and unless the Canucks take salary in return and something else, I don't want him here.
I've seen a few posts previously about how apparently he'd prefer Florida because he wouldn't be able to hack it in Toronto. Those aren't necessarily from fans that want Luongo (although there are some here: Cactus, Dopey, BJ, etc), but just those that feel insulted that Luongo isn't making their city a priority after all the media hoopla about Toronto being a key destination.

Calder is about more than points....

And yea.... Henrique was on a line with Parise and Kovalchuk. Let's see him do it again. He could turn out to be Gomez 2.0

But he was mainly a second/third line player this season.

I've seen a few posts previously about how apparently he'd prefer Florida because he wouldn't be able to hack it in Toronto. Those aren't necessarily from fans that want Luongo (although there are some here: Cactus, Dopey, BJ, etc), but just those that feel insulted that Luongo isn't making their city a priority after all the media hoopla about Toronto being a key destination.

I think at this point, Toronto fans would rather Luongo pick anybody at this point so that the media would shut up about it :p

He was only on the first line when Zajac became injured.

Once again, nobody watches the Devils :(

I do.

xVRtD.jpg

Yeah, why would you need another goaltender when you've got the AHL All-Star tandem of Reimer/Scrivens.

Maybe he thought the hobos outside were Devils fans?
Well at least the hobos have something in common with the Devils.

They don't have any money either

Yeah, why would you need another goaltender when you've got the AHL All-Star tandem of Reimer/Scrivens.

To be fair, the Leafs held a playoff spot for four months with average goaltending. I mean it doesnt mean much if you dont make the playoffs but thats pretty good I think.

Probably. The smoking patio is where all the bums light up their crack pipes during each intermission.

There were some interesting people there....and rarely any chicks :(

Osorio

There were some interesting people there....and rarely any chicks :(

I dunno if it's the same anywhere else but the only chicks at Devils games are the ones with their boyfriends. Usually they're not watching the game and like licking their man's neck and he's like "yo chill, I'll fuck you after the game"

I always wanted to know if that was a Dirty Jersey thing or if that happens across the league.

Top Bottom