• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Osorio

Found my team for the season. Turns out the catholic high school up the block from me has a hockey program lol

2010-11%20Team%20Picture%20web%202.jpg

Found my team for the season. Turns out the catholic high school up the block from me has a hockey program lol

2010-11%20Team%20Picture%20web%202.jpg

No one likes Hudson Catholic. Pick a real team and hopefully you can watch them at the Rock at the end of the year. Back when I was in highschool my buddies and I went every year. Good times. I'll never forget the state championship where JVR got the game winner in OT.

Osorio

No one likes Hudson Catholic. Pick a real team and hopefully you can watch them at the Rock at the end of the year. Back when I was in highschool my buddies and I went every year. Good times. I'll never forget the state championship where JVR got the game winner in OT.

The two teams in Jersey City are Hudson Catholic and St. Peter's. Hudson Catholic is literally up the block and I hate everyone I've ever met from St. Peter's

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Why the fuck would someone battle so hard to acquire such a money pit? I assume the only reason they're selling to Jamison is because he's agreed to keep the team in Phoenix which clearly won't work just like it hasn't worked for forever.

Tax writeoff for the millions you are already making elsewhere
Business incentives like flying executives in for their favorite team's games
Prestige / publicity / clout
Emotional investment / Childhood fantasy fulfillment

Noone's going to get rich off a sports team, there are plenty of other incentives to make it worth the 'money pit'

The two teams in Jersey City are Hudson Catholic and St. Peter's. Hudson Catholic is literally up the block and I hate everyone I've ever met from St. Peter's

I knew a few guys at St. Peter's. Didn't like 'em, but they're by far the better team compared to Hudson. NJ hockey is REALLY good at a few schools. The rest are just not at the same level.

Osorio

I knew a few guys at St. Peter's. Didn't like 'em, but they're by far the better team compared to Hudson. NJ hockey is REALLY good at a few schools. The rest are just not at the same level.

All the best teams are in the Northwest and Central part of the state.

As far as I know Hudson County only has the two I mentioned before and Bayonne. The high school in the Portuguese section of Newark has a hockey team now but it's gonna take a while for them to be competent.

I should just apply to be a coach at that school.

edit: I guess I was wrong. East Side High School is actually pretty good.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh shit you know its September when you first see Bob Mckenzie on TV again.

I still think they will get it done by the end of the month.

Revenant

Yeah, fuck those guys. For about two weeks when that was in the news, sports radio devoted 50% of their time talking about how they want Sandusky to be killed in jail. It was awesome

670 the scores afternoon guys would talk about it all the time. Frankly just hearing some of the dumb fans of PSU made the afternoons go quicker at work.

Socreges

Banned
I think Canucks-GAF is majority Asian.

Slurmer and JABEE are chicks.

Rafa=FedKilla clearly has some kind of disability.

We are diverse.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think Canucks-GAF is majority Asian.

Slurmer and JABEE are chicks.

Rafa=FedKilla clearly has some kind of disability.

We are diverse.
Wait. We have women hockey fans on here?........I was actually going to ask that a month ago, but figured it was a stupid question......I barely know any female hockey fans in my daily life. At least not one's who can name more then 2 players from their "favourite team"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait. We have women hockey fans on here?........I was actually going to ask that a month ago, but figured it was a stupid question......I barely know any female hockey fans in my daily life. At least not one's who can name more then 2 players from their "favourite team"

One of my female friends PLAYS hockey.. also, pretty much ALL my coworkers, male and female, that I've had at my 2 jobs in Vancouver have been pretty huge Canucks fans. Are you telling me Montreal is different?

Red_Man

One of my female friends PLAYS hockey.. also, pretty much ALL my coworkers, male and female, that I've had at my 2 jobs in Vancouver have been pretty huge Canucks fans. Are you telling me Montreal is different?
I don't live in Montreal, I live outside of Toronto. Most women I know are "life longs" but can't name a player outside of Kessel. I did convert a chick to Habs though.

Revenant

Plus Leeness and Curufinwe.

You qualify for benefits in certain provinces. They should have stopped you at customs, though.

you must keep amazing track of the details people post, as far as i know all of NHL GAF that I haven't seen a picture of might as well look like this

Human_Being.jpeg

Fucking bullshit that Sportsnet is hyping their lockout special on the 14th........you know you have too many hockey talking heads when.....

Red_Man

you must keep amazing track of the details people post, as far as i know all of NHL GAF that I haven't seen a picture of might as well look like this

Human_Being.jpeg
Probably has a spread sheet with quotes, dates, gender, preferred alcoholic drink, etc. It's how he can grab quotes from 3 years ago so quickly.

Red_Man

The hell do Canadians need bikinis for?
There's usually one day in August where it stops snowing, and the ice melts for about 3 hours where we can swim. Then back to a frozen wasteland for the rest of the year.

Osorio

There's usually one day in August where it stops snowing, and the ice melts for about 3 hours where we can swim. Then back to a frozen wasteland for the rest of the year.

I bet you're not even kidding.

There's like 40,000 Canadians at any given moment in Havana every time I go.

Top Bottom