• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

ZeroGravity

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssontrib
Marty St. Louis on state of CBA "Last time we lost an entire season to turn around and give them their deal, so if we have to sit we’ll sit"
If Marty says it, we're fucked.

Cake Boss

Banned
Does anybody ever watch a whole game of football alone and sober? I can't imagine it with all these commercials.

I seriously did this last weekend and was basically forced to watch it, it was a preseason game or something. My opinion still stands, its like watching paint dry, shit is awful, don't get the appeal at all.

MacAttack

I seriously did this last weekend and was basically forced to watch it, it was a preseason game or something. My opinion still stands, its like watching paint dry, shit is awful, don't get the appeal at all.
4th week of the preseason is when all the scrubs play, nobody watches those games.

ATF487

Does anybody ever watch a whole game of football alone and sober? I can't imagine it with all these commercials.

I like the sport a lot but can you imagine attending games? Seats over a hundred bucks, 10 dollar beers, and just waiting around for stuff to happen

With TV I can dick around on my netbook at least

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I like the sport a lot but can you imagine attending games? Seats over a hundred bucks, 10 dollar beers, and just waiting around for stuff to happen

With TV I can dick around on my netbook at least
I fucking love football but yes, the live experience sucks and is a total rip-off. You're seeing like a half-hour of actual play spread out over three hours from a mile away. Doesn't help that the Patriots have the most expensive ticket prices on the planet.

Osorio

I fucking love football but yes, the live experience sucks and is a total rip-off. You're seeing like a half-hour of actual play spread out over three hours from a mile away. Doesn't help that the Patriots have the most expensive ticket prices on the planet.

Gillette Stadium is also the ugliest stadium I've ever been to in person.

First stadium I've seen that has McDonald's in the concourse as well.

Cake Boss

Banned
A miserable pile of secrets

image.php

ATF487

Haha that's a great way to put it. The only time I ever got to go was against the Packers in 2002, and I was in the third tier. Not worth it

Osorio it's gotten even better/worse since you've been. It's now surrounded by stores and overpriced shitty themed bars

Osorio

Osorio it's gotten even better/worse since you've been. It's now surrounded by stores and overpriced shitty themed bars

Last time I was there was 2009. Patriot Place was open and it freaked me out. We lost 4-0 but our group of 120 were singing anyway because Red Bull paid for our tickets. After the game my girlfriend left her keys in our car so we had to spend the weekend in Boston with some people I didn't like.

Fuck that place.

Though, I might go on Sept. 22nd I have a feeling we're going to end our decade long winless drought.

CCF23

Why the fuck would someone battle so hard to acquire such a money pit? I assume the only reason they're selling to Jamison is because he's agreed to keep the team in Phoenix which clearly won't work just like it hasn't worked for forever.

Top Bottom